Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I don't really blame him for today even if team selection was questionable in some parts. It's the overrated Maguire that I think is the bigger problem.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I'm almost certain this thread would not exist if our strikers the slightest bit clinical in front of goal. We'd be top of the league right now anyway.

Criminal.
I'd be perfect if I wasn't flawed.

That was a shit performance all round. If we want to win the league, we need more control in the midfield. Ironically, our record against the supposedly top teams (if you want) is really poor this season.

Anyways, so much to play for. On to the next one.

RUCK4444

We are looking better and more stable but I still feel he is out of his depth and sooner than later it will cost us. We"ll see.
The way we dropped out of CL, the way we fail to win games like the one vs Leicester, you just see he isnt top notch.
Its games like those where you need a top manager if you wanna be a great team.
Otherwise we will always fall short. Vs Sevilla. Vs Istanbul. Now vs Leicester. Those are the games that define your season.
So what your saying is we shouldn’t lose ANY games? Wow that’s a great benchmark to have.

We will lose games, every team in this league have dropped points, today’s game was lost through individual errors in both finishing and conceding goals.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm almost certain this thread would not exist if our strikers were the slightest bit clinical in front of goal. We'd be top of the league right now anyway.

Criminal.
Yep: I think our strikers have cost us at least 6 points this season due to our unforgivable misses like Rashfords header today.

I’d argue they have let the side down more than our defenders so far.

treble_winner

I'm almost certain this thread would not exist if our strikers were the slightest bit clinical in front of goal. We'd be top of the league right now anyway.

Criminal.
Ole will go down as the first Manchester United manager in the 21st century to witness Liverpool reach our record of Premier League titles won.

Zen86

Yep: I think our strikers have cost us at least 6 points this season due to our unforgivable misses like Rashfords header today.

We dropped far more than 6 points due to stupid misses this season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So what your saying is we shouldn’t lose ANY games? Wow that’s a great benchmark to have.

We will lose games, every team in this league have dropped points, today’s game was lost through individual errors in both finishing and conceding goals.
I think Stay at Home and self isolation has made these OleOUTers lose touch with reality! It’s the only reason I can think of that makes sense.

BoulderDevil

I see many people slighting the set up and inclusion of Dan James but old set us up perfectly to win and we should have with the chances we missed. James was fantastic at the press and did well to create the first goal. Rightly subbed off to add more creativity. This result is never on ole, not in a million years. You can look at the clear cut wasted chances and find your answer as to why we didn’t win.

el3mel

Nothing much to talk about the manager here. We should have won this one, a little bit of a shame but we should move on. Not really sad about these 2 points at all.

HowYouDoin

Thats not what I said at all. Thats almost intellectually dishonest to suggest I meant that.
What I meant was there are some key games where top managers squeeze out victories. Put up or shut up games and we constantly fail in those.
We squandered the CL yet a win vs
Istanbul would have been enough. Sevilla game. Then additional CL games. And this Leicester game was very important too and we had it.

My argument is that a top manager wouldnt let those games slip.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Nothing wrong with the setup today. We should have been out of sight long back.

Should have subbed Rashford instead of Martial.
Pogba isn't a winger and he shouldn't play him on the wings.
We still don't know how to press and play from the back despite being 2 years. Either you fecking don't do it or execute it perfectly.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Not a bad point to be fair. But it's a shame we couldn't hold on to our lead.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Performed well when being underdog, just crumbled under any slight expectation.
Can't agree with this, and this is coming from someone who is unsure about Ole. He can't come on the pitch and score easy chances, or teach defenders to do the basics. The starting 11 wasn't great, but we made more than enough chances to win it.

sammyhol

He started the wrong team..

we all knew James would be crap, and we would be forced to take him off after an hour before the game started...

we have more than enough top attackers to rotate without having to play James.

we win that game if the team that ended the game started it.

hamstrung us from the first whistle.

if we had a tiny squad I could excuse it... but we don’t

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
You have the power to remove it from existence.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
So as a mod, why don’t you shut it down?????? It serves no purpose
It's just my opinion.

I personally think some of the posters should take a complete break away from this thread. How anyone thinks the United board will sack Ole at this point of the season is sheer madness.

TheBreadTruck

Ole will go down as the first Manchester United manager in the 21st century to witness Liverpool reach our record of Premier League titles won.
What a new ridiculous stick to beat someone with. Jesus.

Thought Ole actually managed this game well - Leicester created nothing, Rodgers was caught out by the selection and shape and we just had one of those games where from the 2nd minute you knew we'd regret not taking our chances. My worry is we're becoming *so* wasteful, not sure how Ole/Staff can really do much about that as it's on the players to finish chances that the tactics/shape/approach create. The fact we're creating is good though.

pablo__p

So you are fine with starting James, not subbing cavani on earlier, oun inability to play from the back, no aggressive pressure, terrible spacial awareness for both of their goals?

Are you saying our defense has progressed?

Are you saying we are not completely reliant on Bruno?

Do you thing our strikers progressed /improved their finishing? Or maybe their off the ball movement has improved?

You see the difference that Cavani makes. He's been coached properly for years and brings these qualities with him.

Are you saying our mentality has improved? Are we not crumbling as soon as under heavier pressure?

Ole's is the only football kit I own. I love the guy. I really do.
That said, I think top 4 battle is his ceiling and that's not enough for United.

criticalanalysis

Nothing much to talk about the manager here. We should have won this one, a little bit of a shame but we should move on. Not really sad about these 2 points at all.
You know you're being generous here ;)

Players deserve blame for not being clinical and for switching off but this is what happens when you're set up to play counter attacking and there's no mid-game change of tactic or strong leadership from the sidelines.

What the hell was Pogba doing so high up and leaving all the ball playing for the defence and the two sitting midfielders. Same thing as against Everton with DVB. Utterly bizarre tactics of just putting them in high oppositions to 'put pressure on the defence' and neglect all actual attempt to control the game.

45% possession against a team that wasn't exactly pressing us like mad or particular high octane. It's just lowest common demoninator stuff being happy to play conservatively with high talent players (in comparison); I mean which of those in the Leicester squad would be in our first 11?

el3mel

It's just my opinion.

I personally think some of the posters should take a complete break away from this thread. How anyone thinks the United board will sack Ole at this point of the season is sheer madness.
I'm pretty sure the majority are just treating this thread as a manager performance one, because the actual one in the performance forum is mostly dead.

I bet @MrSingh2002 who started this thread didn't expect it to reach +1000 pages.

So either make the Ole in the performance forum the main one to talk about Ole and close this or the opposite, I believe.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

On the flip side, our strikers have been so good they put us in the position we are in at the moment. I'd argue the defence has been our issues.

Robbie Boy

Went the gym and missed this. Had a mate keeping me updated and sounded like we threw it away with missed chances. The difference a clinical number 9 would make.

Last edited:

dal

We can all nitpick it’s not a bad result, it’s not a great result but let’s take the point and move on.

I really feel if Greenwood played today we’d have won.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Nothing wrong with the setup today. We should have been out of sight long back.

Should have subbed Rashford instead of Martial.
Pogba isn't a winger and he shouldn't play him on the wings.
We still don't know how to press and play from the back despite being 2 years. Either you fecking don't do it or execute it perfectly.
Subbing Martial off is always the right decision for today, he was non existent.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's just my opinion.

Absolutely.

I've questioned Ole's ability to lead the club effectively, on occasion, but the board were/are never going to sack him short of a catastrophic run of results that see us in the bottom half of the table and falling, or failing to make top-four at the end of the season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Criminal.
You could argue we are where we are because of games where they were clinical - Cavani vs Southampton or our ruthlessness vs Brighton or Rashfords clinical take vs Sheffield as examples.

That said - the league table on balance doesn't flatter us. We deserve to be 2nd and that points towards credit for Ole. I'm someone who has been vocal in criticism toward him but we look much better now than when we started and he's showing progression relative to other sides.

The only annoyance is I think he over "tinkers" with games. Vs top sides or bespoke set ups is understandable but taking left field options like Dan James vs Leicester is just silly. It's like when he started James vs Chelsea and everyone knew we'd be shit.

He did the same vs Newcastle btw, played James and we looked unbalanced and toothless, then when VDB and others game on we smashed them for 3 goals. I think he needs to just digest that Dan James is not a starter at all for us. There is no PL side I would risk starting James again, even Leeds where he looked alright enough on that day.

dove

Draw against Leicester isn't the worst result and we are doing alright points wise. However we simply cannot defend and we won't achieve anything if we keep conceding 1.6 goals every game, it's way too much.

el3mel

You know you're being generous here ;)

Players deserve blame for not being clinical and for switching off but this is what happens when you're set up to play counter attacking and there's no mid-game change of tactic or strong leadership from the sidelines.

What the hell was Pogba doing so high up and leaving all the ball playing for the defence and the two sitting midfielders. Same thing as against Everton with DVB. Utterly bizarre tactics of just putting them in high oppositions to 'put pressure on the defence' and neglect all actual attempt to control the game.

45% possession against a team that wasn't exactly pressing us like mad or particular high octane. It's just lowest common demoninator stuff being happy to play conservatively with elite players; I mean which of those in the Leicester squad would be in our first 11?
I missed the first half, watched second one only and thought it was mostly a weird game. Leicester indeed had the majority of ball possession, and felt they were "in control", but at the same they didn't trouble De Gea at all. We looked more dangerous going forward whenever we tried.

I can't say it was a wrong setup considering these 2 points : That they did nothing of note and we looked more dangerous going forward. We could have won, it's disappointing but I'm not that sad.

To be fair though, Leicester ended up missing a pretty crucial chance in last 2 minutes so I'll say it was even.

Will Singh

We lost because we missed to many chances and James playing was as good as playing with 10 men, Greenwood starts over james any day of the week and twice on a Sunday!

Rashford should been subbed at halftime and let Cavani play, Martial wasn't any better but at least he was running, Rashford was having a day off!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.