Would you sell Jadon Sancho this summer? And do you think he will be sold?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I do not think he will and whether he should would depend on the price but I find it pretty unlikely someone would be willing to make an attractive offer. I suspect his wages would result in him being worth close to naught.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I am by no means an expert on the details of FFP, but from what I’ve read that isn’t the case. It does seem weird that you’d be punished more by FFP for selling a player for a loss than just keeping an underperforming player you paid big money for. That being said, if there aren’t negative ramifications to FFP, and we get a decent offer, I’d have no objections to the club selling him. I don’t think he’s the finished product yet, and I do believe he is talented, so I would also be ok keeping him for another year to see if there is any growth under Ten Hag if we don’t get any decent offers (which I would not expect to get anyway).
Because that's what prudent finance is. Or else everyone would just write of their bad purchase and continue pumping money every year.

It's not created to hamper the rich but to safeguard the poor team who's on a shoestring budget from going under

Doodah

How many better attacking players do we have..?
Rashford of course, but then?
Martial is certainly not better, Antony is on par with Sancho. Elanga, Pellistri and Weghorst are not good enough for this level. I would sell Martial Elanga Pellistri long before i`d sell Sancho tbh.
Pellestri is far better than everybody else mentioned in that list. He never gets a chance while the others get game after game after game.

Idxomer

Probably because there aren't many who consider United to be a very creative team anyways plus, I guess, Sanchos creative stats are probably closer to those of Casemiro than they are close to Bruno. He hasn't been good for us. Who knows what the reasons are but for now, it just doesn't feel like United and Sancho are a match. Something has to happen, depending on what his issues are, do whats the best for both parties. Be that a good loan or be it a transfer. Just don't just try to sit the issue out doing nothing but hope.
He compares well with other PL players in his position and he's well ahead of the other wingers in our team. There's no question he has been underwhelming. I'm all for selling him if you can guarantee to buy a more creative forward than him. If we're gonna rely on our remaining current options for that, I don't see the point of getting rid of him for likely what's gonna be a big loss financially.

NZT-One

He compares well with other PL players in his position and he's well ahead of the other wingers in our team. There's no question he has been underwhelming. I'm all for selling him if you can guarantee to buy a more creative forward than him. If we're gonna rely on our remaining current options for that, I don't see the point of getting rid of him for likely what's gonna be a big loss financially.
Yeah I agree. It is a tricky situation where no option seems like a no-brainer. He is young of course and with ETH at the wheel, I'd be rather optimistic, that he can get something out of Sancho. The thing is, we don't know what his issue is. He wouldn't be the first young player who just isn't suited for a high pressure environment at United. He also falls probably in the category of "too much hype too early in his carreer" so we don't know about his hunger. People at this age aren't "stable" or "set", their personalities develop and it isn't a dig at him when I say that he might develop in a direction that doesn't make him a top pro. I am all for coming up with a plan to help him succeed here. Be that a loan move or a position change, whatever. But please have a better plan than just "he'll come good, give him time".

And the other you mentioned - I wouldn't critisize the player too much in this whole mess. I think, it was the club who made a mistake putting so much pressure on a such a young player. Issue being that we did more or less the same just a year later with Antony as well. In this time, we could have went for Olise for next to nothing or potentially for Raphinha and I guess by now we may not be seeing RW as a potential issue anymore. Not as flashy as Sancho, granted at the time, but sometimes less flashier is better I guess. Di Maria was also more flashy than Mane back in the day. It also came back to bite us in the back.

Walters_19_MuFc

He looked better when he moved over to the right against Chelsea. He also looked amazing in pre-season on the right, too.

I would start him there against Fulham, and if he does well, then potentially start him there against City. If not, ten Hag may go with Bruno on the right, with Eriksen or Weghorst as a 10.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Just hope it was the case of him regaining form back and not playing well so we dont sell him. We have had a few cases like that under Ole, it was insane. They only played for contracts.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He looked better when he moved over to the right against Chelsea. He also looked amazing in pre-season on the right, too.

I would start him there against Fulham, and if he does well, then potentially start him there against City. If not, ten Hag may go with Bruno on the right, with Eriksen or Weghorst as a 10.
Well with Antony out he really does have a great chance to show what he can do on the right. And doing it in the final, no less.

I don't think we will see anything special from him because I simply don't have any confidence in him. But hopefully, he can prove me wrong. We're going to need something special to beat them lot.

Walters_19_MuFc

Well with Antony out he really does have a great chance to show what he can do on the right. And doing it in the final, no less.

I don't think we will see anything special from him because I simply don't have any confidence in him. But hopefully, he can prove me wrong. We're going to need something special to beat them lot.
Its different against City, as he'll be be relied on to get us up the pitch and counter, which he isn't going to do. However, he could be that player to allow us to beat the press.

Dazzmondo

Thats surprising…..where did you see that?….and more importantly is that his Bayern wage and what we had to pay or the wage we had to pay to entice him here?
Think it's his Bayern wage and we had to pay 100% of it for the loan. Got it from Capology which is the most reliable source for wages

windycityfan

Where did Sancho

Please remind me- where did he play at Dortmund? Right or left?

I’ve always rated him. I liked what I saw out of him against Chelsea, and I think he’s one of the most gifted players on this club. His work rate was much improved, and except for a stretch in the second half, he defended well too.

I’m hopeful he continues to impress. I may be crazy, but I prefer him over Antony.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Where did Sancho

I’ve always rated him. I liked what I saw out of him against Chelsea, and I think he’s one of the most gifted players on this club. His work rate was much improved, and except for a stretch in the second half, he defended well too.

I’m hopeful he continues to impress. I may be crazy, but I prefer him over Antony.
His most productive seasons I think came from the right wing. In his first season, I think he played predominately on the left, then that changed.

Kellyiom

I've always wanted him to succeed and still do but think it's getting to the stage where the situation might be hampering overall team development.

He's had pretty special treatment so far it would appear and it looks like we're going to need to address some critical areas in our squad.

It's difficult to justify having him as a sub or a 6 out of 10 rating player for 60 minutes given the outlay.

So yes, I would sell if a sizeable offer came in. I don't believe for a minute it will though.
Maybe a loan deal could be arranged but that might be messy as well.

So I think what will happen is we see him played on the right, he'll stay with us due to the costs and we'll just have to support him and trust ETH.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
I can only see Dortmund being interested in him should they lose Bellingham. Dont think any other club would bother honestly.

Fabio Rochemback

How many better attacking players do we have..?
Rashford of course, but then?
Martial is certainly not better, Antony is on par with Sancho. Elanga, Pellistri and Weghorst are not good enough for this level. I would sell Martial Elanga Pellistri long before i`d sell Sancho tbh.
I much prefer Antony to Sancho and I'm not sold on him. He actually looks like making things happen quite often which Sancho just doesn't, opposition teams do not worry about him at all.

Tap

Overall disappointing but still pops up with a goal or assist every now and then and he’s still fairly young. There’s still room for improvement under ETH

Bondi77

If he can build on his second half performance against Chelsea then I would be up for keeping him.
He just has to get leave it all out there on the pitch in every game and the rest will take care of itself as he has the ability to make a big difference.

2Injurytimegoal

I have been bashing him a lot, but I do think if we have a proper no.9 or target man, will benefit his link-up play in the box.

If we get Kane, we should keep him for another season, also we need to know if Amad/Pellstri can perform as we would like.

Partridge

Give him another season. If he doesn't shape up, sell him. I like him as a player, it's just he never does enough when you know he is far more capable. It's frustrating.

OleGunnar20

I have been bashing him a lot, but I do think if we have a proper no.9 or target man, will benefit his link-up play in the box.

If we get Kane, we should keep him for another season, also we need to know if Amad/Pellstri can perform as we would like.
A proper striker to work off would no doubt elevate his game. You look back at his highlights from Dortmund and you can see how important that interplay is to his game.

I would probably still favour selling him if we had a decent offer but it doesn't seem likely. I really hope he ups his game with (hopefully) a top striker to play off.

Walters_19_MuFc

Anyone can look good in pre-season. Heck Martial looked like the next Pele.
What i'm saying is, I think it would have been nice to see him used more often on the right, following a promising pre season. He started there against Brighton, Brentford and Liverpool. Brighton and Brentford wasn't great, but then the team as a whole was poor. However, his performance against Liverpool was promising, and from what I can remember, he was one of our better players.

So far, according to transfermrkt, he has started 11 times on the right in the EPL for us in his two seasons at United.

windycityfan

Where did Sancho

He’ll probably go against Lewis in the Cup final. I’m hopeful he continues to impress. I may be crazy, but I prefer him over Antony.
Overall disappointing but still pops up with a goal or assist every now and then and he’s still fairly young. There’s still room for improvement under ETH
What i'm saying is, I think it would have been nice to see him used more often on the right, following a promising pre season. He started there against Brighton, Brentford and Liverpool. Brighton and Brentford wasn't great, but then the team as a whole was poor. However, his performance against Liverpool was promising, and from what I can remember, he was one of our better players.

So far, according to transfermrkt, he has started 11 times on the right in the EPL for us in his two seasons at United.
Sancho seemed sharp on the ball, direct, confident, linking up well with AWB. Maybe his sweet spot is that of an outside midfielder, tracking inside, creating chances.

How many summers did we chase after him? He was “the missing link”. Can’t give up on him when he’s starting to show a sign of turning it around. Still fairly young, and maybe with another season under EtH a breaks out happens.

Hope he gets more chances, today and in the Cup final, and delivers. I’ll be watching his play more than anyone else’s.

Devil You Know

He's our new Pogba: a player who looked good in a poor European league, and who occasionally still looks decent against slow or disorganised sides that play like they're also in Serie A or the Bundesliga (like Lampard's kamikaze Chelsea, for example).

Both have their fans who overrate their ability based on their exploits elsewhere. Apparently, Sancho has "an amazing touch". Errrr.... no he doesn't. It's okay at best. The fact he got a lot of assists in Germany doesn't make him something he isn't. The same kind of nonsense was said about Pogba, too. There are even debates about his best position and how his teammates aren't playing to his strengths, etc.

Now to top things off, we're getting people saying he'd look better in a Pep team because only Guardiola can somehow unlock the super hidden talent. It's like clockwork.

The biggest problem is that his brain works too slowly for Premier League football. He's obviously clever enough to make chances for other people, just not when he has a split second to make a decision. I don't think you can fix that.

SER19

Yes, id sell him and I think the club might too. He'd still have a decent resale value. He is very talented but hasn't really shown that bit extra that's needed for the very top - doing it when the chips are down, or stepping up when rest of team is on an off day. A bit like Pogba, who did it once in the derby. Strikes me as a player who will always look his best in a side that's winning 5 nil.

I could be wrong but if we sold him for anything close to what we paid, I wouldn't be heartbroken. Garnacho has looked a far better prospect here and with Antony, Garnacho, Rashford, Diallo and maybe one other, we have enough for the wide roles.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He looked on fire and that is the biggest difference. Seems to be getting more confidence from playing on the right.
Still, I would seriously consider if there's a buyer.

Arthur Albiston's perm

Not only do we pay over the odds but our way too generous high salary hinders potential movement. We haven't learnt from the whole Sanchez debacle.

RuudTom83

Sancho ended the season with more goals that Grealish in the league...stats can always surprise you.

Goals are not everything of course, but its always nice to see a stat in favour of the United lads.

RiqCantona

I'd give him 1 more season, and so will the club I feel. 3 years is enough time for a player to improve or prove himself. And besides, we should have plenty more outgoings this summer. I don't think he's a priority in terms of sales.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
I think he is special talent and we need to keep him.

Anyway when Ole bought him from Dortmund i remember that he brought him for the RW and his last season in Germany his best games were on the RW too, dunno what happened here when he came and why we pushed him on the LW.

The problem now is that we took Antony too for there, which cost us $100m. In this situation i don't know what United should do and can we keep him for luxury back-up option maybe we can and thats what ETH said that we need 2 class options for every single position.

Sancho by the way is far better RW than Antony too doesn't matter how much i like him.

PeteManic

He is worth keeping. But it is clear he is not a winger. I also feel he's the type of player who plays better in a team that is playing well.

MadMike

He's in that position where he certainly hasn't justified the price tag, salary or any of the hype, but he's also not been such a complete dud that he'll be sold. I think he'll stay for another season.

However if he does get sold, I don't think think anyone will miss him dearly. No one can say that if we could get 50m for Sancho and put that along with another 50m towards Kane, we wouldn't instantly become a much better team.

m1tch

He'll stay but I think next season will decide his career (at least here), either he kicks on and shows he's good enough to be a first team regular in a side that's hopefully going to be competing for the game's major honours in the near future, or he shows inconsistency and a drop in performance which will make it his last season as a first team option.

RedDF

I think he has shown enough so far in his career to prove he’s worth persevering with for a little while longer.