Would you sell Jadon Sancho this summer? And do you think he will be sold?

Rusholme Ruffian

If you'd have asked me even 3 weeks ago I would have been in favour of selling, but it just felt like his self-belief started to come back a little bit over the last couple of games of the season and there were flashes of excellence. There is nobody else in the squad that shows such care with the ball in the opposition 18 yard box, and if that ability can be harnessed to work with the rest of the team then he can still be a brilliant player. Oddly, given that they let him go, he feels more like a City type of player than United, and if I could have the money he cost back I'd probably sign someone different, but the reality is we couldn't hope to recoup anywhere near what we paid for him, and we have bigger problems to solve.

Oscar Bonavena

If you'd have asked me even 3 weeks ago I would have been in favour of selling, but it just felt like his self-belief started to come back a little bit over the last couple of games of the season and there were flashes of excellence. There is nobody else in the squad that shows such care with the ball in the opposition 18 yard box, and if that ability can be harnessed to work with the rest of the team then he can still be a brilliant player. Oddly, given that they let him go, he feels more like a City type of player than United, and if I could have the money he cost back I'd probably sign someone different, but the reality is we couldn't hope to recoup anywhere near what we paid for him, and we have bigger problems to solve.
He's done OK the last few weeks but I think it's a false dawn. He was playing at home against teams with little or nothing to play for.

In the high intensity games, against good teams, especially away from home, he'll go missing. Almost guaranteed.

He's got talent, there's no doubt about that. But talent means f-all if you don't have the stomach for a fight, and I don't think this lad does.

The only thing that keeps him at this club is that the only clubs that could afford him, and his wages, are not going to touch him because they know he's too flaky and can't be relied on in the big games.

What can we do? Can't sell him, so keep him on, rotate him with Antony on the right (which seems to suit him more) and hope he somehow turns good.

Eli Zee

I feel like he's not aggressive enough or fast enough.... and he'd be better fit for a team that is able to control games better. I like him and I wouldn't sell yet, but if he is still not contributing a good number of G+A and fails the eye test more often than not, we need to be ruthless and replace.

same for other players too... need to be more ruthless in who we keep and don't. Players have to consistently play at a level that deserves to win, or we never will.

Lee565

Sancho is just neat and tidy and that's it, no real threat that makes the oppositionpanic, no aggression who fades into obscurity during games, hope he is moved on

Fahad Jawaid

I hope we sell him, he has no business being in this league, his style of play is not suited here, his lack of aggression and athleticism is very evident throughout the match. Plus his lack of intensity and willingness to be the game changer or take the initiative is shocking.

bstb3

I don't like quitting on players, but sometimes we have to be ruthless and just cut our losses. I don't know what's happened off the pitch for him, but he's not at it. Worringly I'm not even sure he can be at it at the level we need, physicality and commitment is just lacking. If we have any way to recoup a reasonable amount and invest it in depth, we should let him go before he ends up another Martial. Garnacho coming through, Jadon is going to be a very expensive bench warmer. Cash in.

cyberman

I wouldn’t sell him because he’s useful in lot of games during a season but not against the top sides.
Garnacho is not only a problem for Sancho but for Rashford if we do get a Kane or a world class number 9.

OverratedOpinion

I'd let him go on a free even if the only replacement was Amad. I think he's had enough time now and he has made our attack worse in over half the games he's played.

He plays exactly like Juan Mata if Mata couldn't pass nearly as well.

We won't sell him though.

KeanoMagicHat

To sell him you’d need a buyer. So he’ll stay. Just have to hope he gets much better.

MoskvaRed

I gave Sancho a free pass last season as he walked into a shambles under Ole and Ralf. However, I am really struggling to justify why he deserves a third season. I understand the wages issue but, if United are to return to being title challengers, we can’t keep underperforming players around season after season like we did in the Woodward era.

L1nk

He won't be sold but he really should be. It's not even just the ability at this point because we know he has that, I get angry more seeing him shy away from everything he has no bark or bite, jumps out of every 50/50, has zero heart the fight and it's depressing to watch

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I don't like quitting on players, but sometimes we have to be ruthless and just cut our losses. I don't know what's happened off the pitch for him, but he's not at it. Worringly I'm not even sure he can be at it at the level we need, physicality and commitment is just lacking. If we have any way to recoup a reasonable amount and invest it in depth, we should let him go before he ends up another Martial. Garnacho coming through, Jadon is going to be a very expensive bench warmer. Cash in.
As a general rule, I completely agree. We should move to a "fail fast" model and cut our losses quickly with players - no matter how expensive - instead of hanging on in the misguided hope that eventually they'll come good.

Obviously FFP / market implications play a role in our decision-making as well, but overall this mindset of "let's just give him another year..." has hurt us more than it has helped us in the last decade.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
In a heart beat. I’m shocked at how much he is struggling to impose himself in games. He has zero on-field presence for the big games

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He’s a coward. You can’t be having a player shirking out of every tackle in a final against a local rival.

Oranges038

After that today, you'd have a hard time paying someone to take him.

What a waster he is, looks so washed up and jaded and he's only 23.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I was in favor of keeping him but I think the club should just accept we lost on this one. Sadly there won't be any buyers out there though. Garnacho definitely needs to start next season. Sure, he's also been absent in some of his matches as a starter, but at least he can/will develop, I think it's safe to say Sancho will never reach the level for us as he did for Dortmund as he's been on a rapid decline ever since he's been here.

It's almost like he's scared to make a move or being bold because he doesn't want to make any mistakes.

el3mel

When things get tough, he disappears and runs away from the ball. Coward player, plain and simple.

jimmyb2000

Another way to look at this to get a good grip of the situation is to imagine Sancho had been playing for Chelsea for the last 2 seasons - and he put in the exact same performance level for them as he has for us. How many of you would be happy to hear we were looking to buy him this summer?

edgecutter

Should be sold, but won't. We are a very stupid club signing this waste of space.

Dan_F

This is basically how I feel, but it’s worrying how meek and, what’s the opposite to physical? It’s the intensity when pressing that does it for me. It’s just false pressing, he’s never got a hope of taking the ball off anyone, where as Silva, KDB etc are sharp and always in your face.

I don’t think it’s a tactical problem because Fred, Bruno, Casemiro are all able to win those 50/50s.

Roboc7

The finances will keep him here for one more season or he’ll have to go on loan. After that he’ll be out the door, he just doesn’t have the skill set required to be anything other than a squad player. He’ll never be amongst best attackers in the league, not even close.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’s so passive and feeble it’s incredible. I was all for the signing but it’s quite amazing that Ole and the club spent two summers chasing a player this mentally weak. And we’re a club where everyone speaks so much about winners / winning mentality.

Bwuk

He’s been here for 2 seasons, and been shite in both of them.

AndySmith1990

Absolute nothing player. He's got no fight in him. You can't carry someone like him in the team if you want to beat the best

James35

Another player we couldn’t sell even if we wanted to. As long as he is happy to be a squad player I’m happy with it. Antony also and this sums us up to be honest just players not quite up to it but huge fees and wages. I hope we give Diallo a chance.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He needs to go. But just like his in-match persona, he lacks fight and ambition, so he'll be collecting the bag until a year or two until his contract runs out and we'll still have clowns defending him.

That is unless we get a proper owner and he's ejected on loan to Italy or France

Brophs

The One and Only
Yep. We already have his replacement at the club. Two seasons is plenty to decide whether a player is going to cut it.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Who's going to buy him? Maybe some mid table team but I doubt he will want to go.

flameinthesun

Will have to take a heavy loss on him but there is no place for him here even as a squad player. Didn't want it to get to this but....from what I've seen of his 2 seasons he's technically a little better than lingard but there is not much difference in terms of them occupying a squad role for us. If anything lingard could actually press. Where as Jadon just doesn't have any dynamism or the engine.