Would you sell Jadon Sancho this summer? And do you think he will be sold?

sirAlexsglasses

I’ve defended him other hope that we see the Dortmund Sancho, but he hasn’t even given glimpses of it, today he was literally shrugged off of every ball. He’s too weak physically and mentally and he needs to go, there was a reason that Pep never really put up a fight to keep him.

sirAlexsglasses

I'd keep him another season, he's a talento but hasn't adapted i think he would do better with a true #9 next to him
Thats another season i which his value will drop even further, he’s just too weak mentally and physically.

BristolRuss

I had such high hopes for him, but sadly I don't think he is going to make it here now. Staggering that he is the second highest-paid player at the club after De Gea.

mshnsh

No and no. You don’t build squads by selling quality players. We have players like Maguire, McT, Fred, Elanga, Bailly and more to move on. In a full functioning ETH team Sancho could be a very important piece.
He hasn't shown anything so far. Obviously he isn't the first on the list to get rid but he definitely is one of the players we need to move on unless we are content with top 4 finishes ( without really being in title races) and getting knocked out perennially in the group stages or R16 of the UCL. In the era of financial doping we need to be smart and aim much higher. Can't allow small teams like City finish above us.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yet another example of him showing he doesn't have it. The lad just crumbles

A9X SJ

He’s been absolutely wash since signing from Dortmund youngsters would do better than him

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’ve defended him other hope that we see the Dortmund Sancho, but he hasn’t even given glimpses of it, today he was literally shrugged off of every ball. He’s too weak physically and mentally and he needs to go, there was a reason that Pep never really put up a fight to keep him.
He barely does anything notable against our weakest opponents, what did you expect to do against City's defenders?

LukeChadwick36

I wouldn't sell him but I think he has a long way to go to prove he belongs at a top club.

Compare his performance today to Garnacho when he came off the bench.

Garnacho always backs himself and wants to attack and make things happen.

Sancho looks shot of confidence and I can't see him starting next season if Garnacho stays injury free during pre-season.

Will be interesting to see how he pushes on next season with more competition for his place.

The Purley King

I wouldn't sell him but I think he has a long way to go to prove he belongs at a top club.

Compare his performance today to Garnacho when he came off the bench.

Garnacho always backs himself and wants to attack and make things happen.

Sancho looks shot of confidence and I can't see him starting next season if Garnacho stays injury free during pre-season.

Will be interesting to see how he pushes on next season with more competition for his place.
“Pushes on” ??
2 seasons to make a meaningful contribution and he has done barely anything.
Put it this way, who would you rather play next year, garnacho or sancho?
Case closed poirot on to the next one!

ZahaWilf

I think it is time to move him on, it just hasn't worked out unfortunately. With Amad's good season out on loan this season, I think he deserves a chance.

MalaysianRed7

I’d like to think we, as a fanbase, have given him ample time to succeed. He escaped all criticism last season, including from myself, despite being largely anonymous. This was the make or break year, and he’s absolutely messed it up. Today was just the straw that broke the camel’s back. I was pleased with the effort put in by the majority of our players who stuck in there despite having the worse possible start, but not with Sancho. He hid, and that’s the worse thing any player or even person in other walks of life can do.

Time to move on. Maybe he’s the guy Dortmund need to get that few extra points to make themselves Bundesliga winners next year, as he’s shown that he has the ability to rip it up in Germany.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He can’t handle real football. If you can’t do it in the PL then you ain’t nothing.

LukeChadwick36

“Pushes on” ??
2 seasons to make a meaningful contribution and he has done barely anything.
Put it this way, who would you rather play next year, garnacho or sancho?
Case closed poirot on to the next one!
Pushes on maybe not the right term. Get going was maybe what I meant.

But there's no doubt. Garnacho all day long and amad coming into the frame.

I don't think it looks good for him unless there is a drastic turnaround.

SparkedIntoLife

I'd instruct/order Jadon to go join like a crazy Martial Arts sect for a fitness boot camp in pre-season. First day back, weigh him, check his cardio etc. If not up to par, loan him to a less intensive league as a makeweight in one of the transfers we do (e.g. to Frankfurt on loan, knocking a portion off the Muani deal or similar with Atalanta and Hojlund).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Missed the game (long story!), but today isn't the day to judge him.
It's most of the other games where he's simply not the game changer a player of that value should be.

People bore on about Antony, but it's Sancho we need to be more worried about.

Oscar Bonavena

He's done OK the last few weeks but I think it's a false dawn. He was playing at home against teams with little or nothing to play for.

In the high intensity games, against good teams, especially away from home, he'll go missing. Almost guaranteed.

He's got talent, there's no doubt about that. But talent means f-all if you don't have the stomach for a fight, and I don't think this lad does.

The only thing that keeps him at this club is that the only clubs that could afford him, and his wages, are not going to touch him because they know he's too flaky and can't be relied on in the big games.

What can we do? Can't sell him, so keep him on, rotate him with Antony on the right (which seems to suit him more) and hope he somehow turns good.
I posted this last night. I would have loved to have been proven wrong today, but I've seen enough of this guy now.

I coach 12 year olds who have more bottle than him.

We're not gonna be able to offload him so we're stuck with an 73m quid player who's really only good for home games that we dominate against poor opposition. Not a great return on an investment, is it?

OleGunnar20

For the love of feck sell him for whatever we can get. Guys had plenty of chances - he's not got it in him.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I'd instruct/order Jadon to go join like a crazy Martial Arts sect for a fitness boot camp in pre-season. First day back, weigh him, check his cardio etc. If not up to par, loan him to a less intensive league as a makeweight in one of the transfers we do (e.g. to Frankfurt on loan, knocking a portion off the Muani deal or similar with Atalanta and Hojlund).
Fitness isn't the issue, he's seems to lack the mental strength needed to play for United and probably the PL as a whole. He needs to leave ASAP

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Fitness isn't the issue, he's seems to lack the mental strength needed to play for United and probably the PL as a whole. He needs to leave ASAP
I wonder what sort of screening we do for mentality when scouting players. That was an important dimension that SAF emphasized during his time, for good reason.

As we all saw last week, it doesn't take much mental strength to play for Dortmund.

Big_Bro

Will Brighton be willing to take him in exchange for Kaoru Mitoma? I'd try doing a deal with him for Napoli's Kvaratskhelia. Sell him and go all out for unsettled Vini jr, the Brazilian contingent will get him settled at utd asap.

Eth tried to sign Malcolm Ebiowei before his move to crystal palace. I like the boy and I don't think palace have a need for him at the moment.

MadMike

He won’t be put on the transfer list this summer. Maybe next. But if Dortmund take the Bellingham money and put a 50m offer in for him this summer, he’ll be gone in a heartbeat and ETH will drive him to the airport himself.

But I doubt it will happen. He’ll rock up at Carrington in July.

MadMike

Will Brighton be willing to take him in exchange for Kaoru Mitoma? I'd try doing a deal with him for Napoli's Kvaratskhelia. Sell him and go all out for unsettled Vini jr, the Brazilian contingent will get him settled at utd asap.

Eth tried to sign Malcolm Ebiowei before his move to crystal palace. I like the boy and I don't think palace have a need for him at the moment.
If our plan is to sign a #9 and to play Rashford as a LW long term, then there’s no way we spending money on Mitoma or Kvara. Plus we have Garnacho coming up too.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I hope we learn our lesson and stop giving big contracts to unproven signings. I get paying top wages for a top player at his peak, but Sancho is not a top player, and neither is he at his peak. Stop paying guaranteed big wages based on potentials.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I wonder what sort of screening we do for mentality when scouting players. That was an important dimension that SAF emphasized during his time, for good reason.

As we all saw last week, it doesn't take much mental strength to play for Dortmund.
TBH it's a judgement thing, it's hard to know beforehand how a player will react

Big_Bro

If our plan is to sign a #9 and to play Rashford as a LW long term, then there’s no way we spending money on Mitoma or Kvara. Plus we have Garnacho coming up too.
You have a point there, you know I didn't think about that.
We could offer him for exchange with a #9

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Have you seen how much he's on? He's going nowhere lads.

At this point, looks like another very costly mistake.

Unless there's a 180° about face early next season there's no way he continues to start ahead of Garnacho, and I just don't see that happening.

surf

No premier league club is going to buy him because they have all seen how ineffective he is at that level.

davidmichael

I’ve tried to give Sancho the benefit of doubt but today I found myself literally screaming at the TV every time he was on the ball or near it, only consolation is we spent £73 million on him rather than £120 million as Dortmund were asking the season before we signed him.

He bottles every challenge, bottles every header, is eased off the ball every time he has it, feels the need to feck about doing drag backs instead of shooting, can’t beat a player when on the right, cuts in and passes backwards every time he’s on the left and has nowhere near enough pace to play out wide.

I’d honestly look at offering him to Spurs as part of a deal for Kane which I think would make an offer more appealing to Levy, keeping Sancho to play back up to Rashford/Garnacho on the left or Antony/Greenwood should he return on the right when on £300K+ a week is outrageous.

The Purley King

In terms that brick top would understand - he doesn’t have the minerals.

you can’t coach that into someone, you either have it, or you don’t.

regrettably sancho has nothing, nada, zilch, nichts

and I’ve runout of languages………

edit - not sure zilch is in any language

SparkedIntoLife

Maybe you’re right but he certainly isn’t explosive or dynamic and that, to a degree, is coachable.

I’d be inclined to loan him out to hopefully rebuild his value a little. Sending him to Frankfurt on loan as part of the Muani deal (not that I love Muani but I’m warming to him in favour of more overrated options like Gonçalo Ramos) would be ideal. We know he can thrive in the Bundesliga. Maybe he has a class season there and Bayern come in for him or something.

HarryP

Sancho is definitely a player that thrives more in a dominant team that controls games. He doesn't like to scrap.

I would like to see how he performs next season when the team looks more like an ETH team with a proper GK, Martinez back and a couple more build up players.

We have one of the deepest defensive lines in the PL and that's going to change next season because it's absolutely something ETH doesn't like but felt necessary given the players at his disposal.

Rusholme Ruffian

Very disappointed in him today after he looked good against Fulham. He did show in one dribble right into the 6 yard box in the first half some of his excellent close control, and he is still our best player for clever little give and go's in and around the 18 yard box. feck me though, he is so ineffectual and timid, he doesn't really feel like a United player to me. Shame cos I thought we'd got a genuine player when we signed him, but I'm very doubtful now.

ManRed

Sancho is definitely a player that thrives more in a dominant team that controls games. He doesn't like to scrap.

I would like to see how he performs next season when the team looks more like an ETH team with a proper GK, Martinez back and a couple more build up players.

We have one of the deepest defensive lines in the PL and that's going to change next season because it's absolutely something ETH doesn't like but felt necessary given the players at his disposal.
Difficult to control when he keeps giving the ball away. We need to stop making excuses for Sancho, he needs to step up or leave. He is levels below Garnacho who is having his first full season at the club.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
You'd have to hope Newcastle come in for him at 40 or 50m. Otherwise we're fecked. Maybe Barca get stupid with their money again? Otherwise, no chance he's going anywhere.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm not sure he can improve upon the characteristics that seem to be lacking, but I'd sell not least because he's underperforming and he's among the highest earners. Doubt the club would look to sell him and it's unlikely there's a decent market for him. But if we're willing to cut our losses, we should be able to shift him.

mu4c_20le

You'd have to hope Newcastle come in for him at 40 or 50m. Otherwise we're fecked. Maybe Barca get stupid with their money again? Otherwise, no chance he's going anywhere.
Bayern? PSG? Player plus cash to Napoli?