Would you sell Jadon Sancho this summer? And do you think he will be sold?

CatsOfUlthar

Absolutely sell.

I'm afraid I'm slightly biased in that I never liked the signing, saw no realistic fit in the squad, very very hesitant for German League signings who usually have a very different setup and focus to PL sides, that and we were utterly rinsed on the fee, but then again, when were we last not?

I do feel for him, it's clearly been tough, and I hope he's not had too awful a time, which by my very comment I suppose I'm contributing to.

He needs to go abroad and be highly rated in a very different style side. He's not going to work here.

On the flip side, he's not going anywhere. We can't sell with the insane wages we offer. So no, he's not moving.

RuudTom83

Comparing Sancho's transfer fee to the numbers being spent this summer...£73 million doesn't even seem that much anymore.

Give him another year...I feel the expectations on Sancho are to be one of the best players in the entire league.

If he can just see him as a talented squad player his stats last season are not that bad (considering he went on a mental health break for 2/3 months)
6 Goals 3 Assists in the League compared to Grealish 5 Goals and 7 Assists

LDUred

He reminds me a bit of Wayne Routledge. He's not a bad player by any means but he doesn't belong in a top six/top eight club.

I would definitely say cut our losses because there's simply no indication he's going to get better, if anything, he went backwards last term.

Kag

No, and no.

He’s a good player with a lot more to give. He needs to do a lot more, granted, but we’re in no position to be selling attacking players given the current state of play in those areas.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’ve got to give credit to Ole.

As far as I know Ole bought Sancho as our RW all along & Sancho looked much better as a RW at the end of the season when Ten Hag played him there.

Play him as the Aaron Lennon and he will be at least a bit more useful.

NotQuiteManc

If Rashford can come back off a massively disappointing season to be POTY, I am willing to give Sancho another chance to redeem himself. Plus, with Mount, he might have a partner more in sync than the likes of Fred for example.

Time will tell...

m1tch

If Rashford can come back off a massively disappointing season to be POTY, I am willing to give Sancho another chance to redeem himself. Plus, with Mount, he might have a partner more in sync than the likes of Fred for example.

Time will tell...
It's a fair point, I'm not sure Sancho has been as bad as Rashford got either, so there's always hope after seeing Rashford's turnaround. That said, another failed AM signing for us from the bundesliga wouldn't be a surprise.

Demaw

Anyone putting faith in this lad for next season will be disappointed even more than previous seasons.

He's shown in the clearest ways he's a flop. It's incredibly rare to reverse flop status and if anyone was going to do it, Sancho sure as shit ain't the person, doesn't have the heart or fight to turn it around.

In our first big game of the season or tough away match, he will pull out of a duel he's favourite to win and you'll realise he's never changing.
Is this Sancho or Martial? or both? :drool:

surf

Since he joined us he's gone from England regular to vanishing without trace from the squad. So either he's regressed badly relative to his peers or he hasn't and Southgate is wrong to drop him. I'd go for the former.

Devil You Know

If I can use a computer gaming analogy...

Sancho is a player with a low clock speed but high RAM.

So his RAM is 128MB. Which means he's capable of some absolutely beautiful gameplay when he's given the freedom to do so.

But his clock speed is only 1.5Ghz, which makes him too slow to react to the situations he faces while playing for Manchester United.

To put it numerically, the PL has minimum requirement of 2GHz and 32MB. Meanwhile, Bundesliga has minimum requirements of 1GHz and 24GB.

Sancho's inability to stand up to high pressing and physicality means he can't make the most of his skillset, even though he's capable of magic in the right circumstances. Players with less overall ability look better than him at the highest level because they don't have the same limiting factor.

I don't think his problem is one that's fixable. He's simply too slow in the head despite having an otherwise massive brain.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
If I can use a computer gaming analogy...

Sancho is a player with a low clock speed but high RAM.

So his RAM is 128MB. Which means he's capable of some absolutely beautiful gameplay when he's given the freedom to do so.

But his clock speed is only 1.5Ghz, which makes him too slow to react to the situations he faces while playing for Manchester United.

To put it numerically, the PL has minimum requirement of 2GHz and 32MB. Meanwhile, Bundesliga has minimum requirements of 1GHz and 24GB.

Sancho's inability to stand up to high pressing and physicality means he can't make the most of his skillset, even though he's capable of magic in the right circumstances. Players with less overall ability look better than him at the highest level because they don't have the same limiting factor.

I don't think his problem is one that's fixable. He's simply too slow in the head despite having an otherwise massive brain.
Love it :lol:

Sancho is like a graphics-heavy video game running on a vintage PC.

You see glimpses of the amazing scenery, intricate character models, and the amazing details of gameplay when it isn't lagging or stuttering.

But because of the system's underpowered processor, it's like trying to play Cyberpunk 2077 on a Windows 98.

The frame rate drops whenever the action intensifies, sometimes it even freezes when multiple players are on screen at once. The poor old machine is trying its best, but there's only so much it can do.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
There is a player in there. If he fails to bring it out this coming season the sell. If we sell him now we will just weaken the squad. We are thin enough as it is.

Andersons Dietician

If Mount costs 60 mil then surely Sancho costs you 70-75 mil. I know it’s United economics so we are the dumbasses that are going to pay 60 mil for Mount, however wouldn’t surprise me now if we accepted something silly like 40-50mil for Sancho.

tjb

If Mount costs 60 mil then surely Sancho costs you 70-75 mil. I know it’s United economics so we are the dumbasses that are going to pay 60 mil for Mount, however wouldn’t surprise me now if we accepted something silly like 40-50mil for Sancho.
Sancho who we bought for 73m and has shown absolutely nothing in 2 years since we bought him should cost more than a two time chelsea player of the year and champions league winner. Some of you lot just like making negative statements. Sancho has no right to command that pricetag

Kammy26

This guy is allegedly on 350k per week. If true who the f is going to buy him? No one is paying him 350k per week, even on a free transfer no one is paying him that amount.

So he either stays or reduces his wages, and why would he reduce? To play more? I doubt he gives a shit. And why should he? It’s not his fault our owners and people making decisions at this club are stupid as f

Zed is not dead

This guy is allegedly on 350k per week. If true who the f is going to buy him? No one is paying him 350k per week, even on a free transfer no one is paying him that amount.

So he either stays or reduces his wages, and why would he reduce? To play more? I doubt he gives a shit. And why should he? It’s not his fault our owners and people making decisions at this club are stupid as f
Arsenal just signed Havertz at a reported 330k a week, and they even paid £70m on top of that.
And both players had quite a similar output last season (even with Sancho being off for a month)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wage and fee mean there's no sensible out game, so the best bet is to give him one more season, rotational with Rashy, Garnacho, Anthony etc, and see if he can come through.
We've seen the joys of patience with the likes of Shaw and Rashy recently.
But we've also seen we're dreadful at moving someone on at the right time through Jones, Bailly, Tuanzebe and many others.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’d sell him if it meant that we could then afford Kane or Osimhen otherwise I’d keep him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’m not saying this as a Sancho fan, I’m not - but apart from having a striker he can set up, I can see Mount being a player that improves Sancho’s game with his runs.

Whether that’s good enough I don’t know, but it’s a player that I think can blend quite well with Mount.

Though people are saying this with Antony too - this might be just an excuse for poor performance players.

Andersons Dietician

Sancho who we bought for 73m and has shown absolutely nothing in 2 years since we bought him should cost more than a two time chelsea player of the year and champions league winner. Some of you lot just like making negative statements. Sancho has no right to command that pricetag
I mean 2019-2020 when he was one of the best players in the world scored 17 goals and got 16 assist kinda points that the ability is there that if Mount who did feck all last season and many Chelsea fans lamented for his inability or lack of willingness to pass forward costs you 60 mil with 1 year left on his contract then yes, I would say Sancho is worth a fair bit more.

But you’re right Sancho has no right to command that price tag but neither does Mount and I’d argue Sancho has far more ability and promise than Mount.

jesperjaap

If money we made on selling Sancho was used to fund another signing this summer and we could sell him for a good fee £50m+ then absolutely I would sell him.

He is on over £300k a week, has done pretty much nothing in two years here in which he has cost us over £100m. I dont get the "there is a player in there".....of course there is or we wouldnt have paid such a fee, he is obviously a big talent, but he simply hasnt done it here and people can talk to the mental issues.....call it harsh and blunt, so what, this isnt a youth player finding his way through the club, this is a player that cost a fortune and is being paid a fortune and hasnt performed, what business would keep an employee....its actualyl all the more reason to sell him as he doesnt seem to have the mentality to make it.

On top of this, is the simple facts of our squad though, he is a left winger mainly or a right winger.

On the left we have Rashford and Garnacho, they are both more effective than a performing Sancho

On the right we have Antony who as much as he has been slated, has done far more in his first season than SAncho has in two, we also have Pellestri and Amad and players further down in youth football like Lacey.

The simple truth is we are in a position where we dont actually need Sancho or his wages. If we can find buyers there are two wingers in Elanga and Sancho can be moved on for £60/70m, would you rather keep them on top of all the other options e have or sign Costa in goal, or Tchouameni or Hoijlund as examples as selling these two funds most of these kind of deals, no brainer in my opinion in a summer where with no takeover, its looks like our budget is limited

tjb

I mean 2019-2020 when he was one of the best players in the world scored 17 goals and got 16 assist kinda points that the ability is there that if Mount who did feck all last season and many Chelsea fans lamented for his inability or lack of willingness to pass forward costs you 60 mil with 1 year left on his contract then yes, I would say Sancho is worth a fair bit more.

But you’re right Sancho has no right to command that price tag but neither does Mount and I’d argue Sancho has far more ability and promise than Mount.
Sancho did that at Dortmund in the Bundesliga, the same way Mhikitaryan and Kagawa did. Dortmund aren't Chelsea, he won nothing there. Mount was an instrumental part of the team that won the UCL and that was consistently ahead of us in the table. He played for a strong team with much stronger competition. He already was at the big club and performed. Sancho came and showed that he lacks the mentality and physicality to play for a top premier league side. He will have to prove otherwise. Mount has already proven he can do this and perform. No comparison, again just negativity towards United.

Threesus

Sancho did that at Dortmund in the Bundesliga, the same way Mhikitaryan and Kagawa did. Dortmund aren't Chelsea, he won nothing there. Mount was an instrumental part of the team that won the UCL and that was consistently ahead of us in the table. He played for a strong team with much stronger competition. He already was at the big club and performed. Sancho came and showed that he lacks the mentality and physicality to play for a top premier league side. He will have to prove otherwise. Mount has already proven he can do this and perform. No comparison, again just negativity towards United.
Actually they were only ahead in the 21-22 season, which is our worst season ever.

Andersons Dietician

Think you need to go read up on his time at Dortmund.

Mata POTY
DeGea multiple POTY

it means nothing and as you’re saying about Sancho you’re only as good as your last season. But if you don’t think we are overpaying for Mount then cool that’s your opinion.

frostbite

Why sell Sancho when we can keep paying him till the end of his contract and then let him leave for free?

Redstain

Get rid, he's got no athleticism, not direct enough and is not premier league level. Sancho will inevitably be displaced by Garnacho as he matures.

When you look at last season and assess how the team can be strengthened, there's not enough penetration from the wide players bar Rashford so I think it's reasonable to bring in a wide player who can run at defences. Just because the team is stacked in one area doesn't signify that there's quality in that area. United would have not made top 4 if not for the form of Marcus. That's speaks volumes about how bad the quality is in depth out wide.

When you see the diligence the teams around the top 6 are bringing to their transfer activity, you can't leave any stone unturned to make improvements. It doesn't mean spending hundreds of millions but making incremental changes position by position in accordance to weakness.

You can give Sancho another 24 months it's almost a guarantee he'll be playing at the same level. There was already talk mid season about moving him more centrally, the fact that Bruno was played on the wide right from time to time to accommodate Weghorst there's no chance he'll play as a 10 under ETH.

The Urban Goose

Why sell Sancho when we can keep paying him till the end of his contract and then let him leave for free?
But then why let him leave for free when we can renew and preserve his value?

Renew his contract to expire when he's 35.

ElDiabloRojo

25m to get rid, that should make it cheap enough for a mid table club to pay and then deal with his wage.

BuzzKillington

I’d love to see him do a Rashford, but unlike Rashford, Sancho has never really shown anything other than the odd flash of his talent in a United shirt, so I’m much less optimistic.

I reckon we’ll keep him for next season, he’ll be just as shit, then he’ll spend the last couple of years of his contract being loaned out whilst we pay the lions share of his ridiculous wages.

Giggsy13

In SAF's day, he'd have been sold last Summer.
A young player, who cost a lot, who has turned out to be next to useless.
Why the hell are fans so attached to players who are not enough to play for a top 6 team?
I realise that I sound ruthless, but when you are a player playing for the first XI of a top team in EU, you should be expected to be treated in a ruthless fashion. If you don't perform, you should expect to be replaced.
Really? Sir Alex’s history with young players tells us otherwise. In fact, Sir Alex would likely double down on his defence of the player to deflect any unreasonable pressure and criticism from the media and supporters.

Zed 101

Sancho looked better on the right covering for Antony when he was injured, right now I would certainly rather have Garnacho or Rashford on the left, and I reckon Antony and Mount in front of him on the right.

If there was anyone willing to make a decent offer I would let him go, and hope he can get his mojo back elsewhere because I have seen very little to excite me from his time here, brief glimpses in attack, but even when he is having a good game he disappears after 60 minutes maximum

He is too expensive to keep as an option from the bench, and has too much value if he can be sold

SAFMUTD

He's a difficult one, on one side we spent a lot on him, we wouldnt be able to recoup more than 40-45M for him so we're already on a loss, he's still young so there's always the chance that next season it's his breakthrough. But on the other hand he's been given plenty chances and it seems more a problem about mentality and determination rather than talent. Wether thats better or worse it's anyone's guess.

I'd keep him for another season, what else do we have to lose? if he doesnt improve next season then definitely sell him next summer.

TheLord

He's a difficult one, on one side we spent a lot on him, we wouldnt be able to recoup more than 40-45M for him so we're already on a loss, he's still young so there's always the chance that next season it's his breakthrough. But on the other hand he's been given plenty chances and it seems more a problem about mentality and determination rather than talent. Wether thats better or worse it's anyone's guess.

I'd keep him for another season, what else do we have to lose? if he doesnt improve next season then definitely sell him next summer.
We lose another 15 m from the current valuation. That's a lot of money.

Relfy

I'd keep him for the season coming, but if he still isn't doing the business or showing major signs of improvement, then a decision is to be made next summer.

crossy1686

career ending
I'd keep him for the season coming, but if he still isn't doing the business or showing major signs of improvement, then a decision is to be made next summer.
People said this about the likes of Sanchez as well. We all know deep down Sancho just isn't going to cut it here but there's this lingering hope that people cling to that maybe, against all the odds, they'll come good.

They very rarely do, in fact they just get worse and become unsellable then sit out their contract.