Would you sell Rashford?

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
I would keep him for now but only because he came through the academy and I want to retain our record of having an academy player in the first team or match day squad.

With JLingz and Pogba likely to move in the summer and all the Greenwood stuff going on too.

I think the only other academy players we have now which regularly make the match day squad are Rashford, Elanga, Henderson and Mctominey?

Not good enough to be starting games though and if we managed to get more than 30 million for him then I'd bite your hand off and probably would sell.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
The guy has got 59 PL goals in 196 games. That's a decent mid table return at best. A real top club CF like say Aguero has 184 in 274. He is never going to be a Man United CF. And neither a proper winger ever. A parting of ways may be best for both parties.

JB7

The guy has got 59 PL goals in 196 games. That's a decent mid table return at best. A real top club CF like say Aguero has 184 in 274. He is never going to be a Man United CF. And neither a proper winger ever. A parting of ways may be best for both parties.
I know right, I've always found Mahrez (74 in 246), Bernardo Silva (28 in 157) and Sterling (106 in 313) to be massively overrated.

As for all the fuss there was about Eden Hazard (85 in 245) and Gareth Bale (54 in 166) back in the day...

romufc

I would sell Rashford if we can get £40/50m for him, which is something reasonable. I am sure Newcastle, Everton and the like will be able to fork out that sum.

He is a nothing player, has no football IQ to be able to play for a team that wants to challenge for titles.

lex talionis

If he still looks shit in summer training, a loan to Newcastle would do Rashford wonders. Serious recommendation.

Jibbs

I know right, I've always found Mahrez (74 in 246), Bernardo Silva (28 in 157) and Sterling (106 in 313) to be massively overrated.

As for all the fuss there was about Eden Hazard (85 in 245) and Gareth Bale (54 in 166) back in the day...
Only somebody who never watches football will compare these players with Rashford, they bring so much more to the game than just goals. Imagine Rashford in place of Hazard in Chelsea.

Todd

I'd be bonkers to sell Rashford at this point.

We're going to lose half of our attacking players this summer and we have trouble scoring goals as it is.

JB7

Only somebody who never watches football will compare these players with Rashford, they bring so much more to the game than just goals. Imagine Rashford in place of Hazard in Chelsea.
Perhaps you should be quoting the person I responded to then, considering I was using the comparisons to show the ridiculousness of looking solely at goal return and going "mid table at best". :rolleyes:

Jackal981

Yeah no worries mate, why don't you do us both a favour and stop talking shit.
You do the favor by yourself :lol: . Maybe get some books to improve your reading comprehension.

Back on topic. Both of his performance and attitude on the pitch stinks. No need to beat around the bush. We got a crock washed out Cavani who performed better (not saying much) and worked harder on the pitch than him.

Last edited:

jem

In a heartbeat. He's obviously better than what he's shown recently, but I don't think he'll ever be the consistent performer that we require, particularly when you consider how he is being paid.

Okey

I'd keep him. Academy boy, and not a bad option to have off the bench. And of course there could still be an upturn in form. We do need a squad after all. I'd get a left footed winger to play on the right though. Seeing as we're now short in that department.

RedBanker

I love you Ole

Are you comparing Rashford with world class playmakers now? Spare your man. He can't even be a good enough CF or a wide forward which he was supposed to be. Why don't you compare his numbers with other CFs at top clubs? In what world is he an influential playmaker? When did I say that goal returns are a parameter to judge a playmaker? But to spell it out for you, it is indeed the most important one to judge CENTER FORWARDS by. Jesus, this forum.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Perhaps you should be quoting the person I responded to then, considering I was using the comparisons to show the ridiculousness of looking solely at goal return and going "mid table at best". :rolleyes:
He meant you. Because you are making weird comparisons.

STYLOISRED

Why would you sell a 25 year old winger going through a bad patch even if it's been for about a year??
Has DaGea's form not taught the cafe anything??

WelshManc

I would, yes. If an offer came in of about 40-50m I'd probably take it.

Doracle

At the age of 25, Son had 59 goals in 197 league matches, mainly playing in a weaker league than Rashford.

stevoc

You do the favor by yourself :lol: . Maybe get some books to improve your reading comprehension.

Back on topic. Both of his performance and attitude on the pitch stinks. No need to beat around the bush. We got a crock washed out Cavani who performed better (not saying much) and worked harder on the pitch than him.
The cheek with the state of your posts. :lol:

Last edited:

Verward

Even if we'd want to, it'd be difficult to offload him due to high wages he earns.

JB7

Are you comparing Rashford with world class playmakers now? Spare your man. He can't even be a good enough CF or a wide forward which he was supposed to be. Why don't you compare his numbers with other CFs at top clubs? In what world is he an influential playmaker? When did I say that goal returns are a parameter to judge a playmaker? But to spell it out for you, it is indeed the most important one to judge CENTER FORWARDS by. Jesus, this forum.
No, I'm pointing out how utterly ridiculous it is to judge wingers by nothing other than their goal records. They are all clearly better footballers than him but purely on goals, he stacks up well, which is why it is ridiculous.

He hasn't been a centre forward for about 5 years so why on earth would anyone compare his numbers with centre forwards?

As for "where did I say goal returns are a parameter", right here: " The guy has got 59 PL goals in 196 games. That's a decent mid table return at best. ". Hope this helps.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Not only is rashford out of form for two seasons now but he's dumb too which isn't helping matters. No one is expecting him to dribble past half the defense but he tries that every game numerous times failing every time and opening us up for a counter.

I'd even prefer dalot at rw over rashford!

croadyman

If we had Greenwood and Cavani yesterday we'd have won the game easily.

The season those two have had couldn't be predicted.

Cavani will need to be replaced. The unknown situation is with Greenwood obviously.

Replacing Ronaldo and Cavani with one young top striker might be enough.

Rashford, New signing, Sancho and (maybe Greenwood) could be enough for us to do ok next season. Worst case we also have to replace Greenwood.
Edi was predictable due to his age, however agree the Mason thing no one saw coming

edcunited1878

He has 15 months on his guaranteed contract, but the club has an option for the 23/24 season.

If other clubs are interested in his services, I would definitely listen to offers and see what he's worth. He's at his lowest transfer value and some club might take a 40M to 60M pound punt on him to buy low.

No player is bigger than the club and he's not pulling any of his weight considering he's United's no. 10, one of the highest earners at the club, yet he's not a guaranteed starter anymore after a clean slate given to him by Rangnick.

If he doesn't get his act together through the summer, and then his playing time at United is in question going into the new PL season, he may end up being left off the England NT for the World Cup. On merit, he doesn't deserve to be near the England squad, but on a political level and feel good level, he fits in well within the England camp.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
The hope would be that the next manager can get something more out of him !! His value would be low but his wage is high.. bad time to sell ..

CloneMC16

If we had other options, I probably would at this point. The issue is, we don't have other options. Selling him this summer wouldn't be a good move. We're already going to lose quite a few players. They can't all be replaced in one summer. We would be left with Sancho, Elanga, and Amad as our wingers. I think we're going to have to hope that he can get back into form. I would 100% be looking to move him on in summer 2023 if he continues to play like this throughout next season. That's way too long for his form to be this poor.

We already need a right winger and a new striker. Probably a backup striker as well. Selling Rashford on top of that would be a bad decision.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If we had other options, I probably would at this point. The issue is, we don't have other options. Selling him this summer wouldn't be a good move. We're already going to lose quite a few players. They can't all be replaced in one summer. We would be left with Sancho, Elanga, and Amad as our wingers. I think we're going to have to hope that he can get back into form. I would 100% be looking to move him on in summer 2023 if he continues to play like this throughout next season. That's way too long for his form to be this poor.

We already need a right winger and a new striker. Probably a backup striker as well. Selling Rashford on top of that would be a bad decision.
SUmmer 2023, he'll have 1 more year in his contract. When will we ever learn to NOT leave player with 1 more year left??

Unless you're comfortable with the drama, player sulking and don't bother, waiting to go for free, or we have to give him undeserved massive wage for another 4 years.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Right now the only difference between him and Lingard is that, he does more good things and little to no bad with his fame. But his forms have been shocking.

hobbers

Walcott scored 108 in 397 games for Arsenal (0.27). Welbeck scored 29 in 142 for us (0.20).

Rashford has 93 in 294 (0.32). But his career trajectory will be somewhere in the middle of those two. Better than Welbeck but worse than Walcott.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
At the age of 25, Son had 59 goals in 197 league matches, mainly playing in a weaker league than Rashford.
:lol: your point being? Son is still an average player. Has won nothing and is still playing for an average team.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
No, I'm pointing out how utterly ridiculous it is to judge wingers by nothing other than their goal records. They are all clearly better footballers than him but purely on goals, he stacks up well, which is why it is ridiculous.

He hasn't been a centre forward for about 5 years so why on earth would anyone compare his numbers with centre forwards?

As for "where did I say goal returns are a parameter", right here: " The guy has got 59 PL goals in 196 games. That's a decent mid table return at best. ". Hope this helps.
You quoted playmakers names and now you are saying wingers. Rashford is a winger now? Wow. I guess I missed the news then. Ok then how many assists, key passes, goal contributions etc does he have being a winger?

JB7

You quoted playmakers names and now you are saying wingers. Rashford is a winger now? Wow. I guess I missed the news then. Ok then how many assists, key passes, goal contributions etc does he have being a winger?
How the hell have you missed that he plays from the wing? Do you not watch football?

JB7

:lol: your point being? Son is still an average player. Has won nothing and is still playing for an average team.
Don’t bother answering my last post, I can see now that you clearly do not watch football.

padzilla

Hipster
I don't think we'd miss much from the footballing side if we were to move him on but he's another player who seems to be getting away with it because of more pressing problems in the make-up of the squad, due to consistently bad decision-making.

VivaRonaldo85

We have so many issues in forward positions right now, I would keep him and do anything we can to try and get him back to his old form or as near as possible to it. Ronaldo, Cavani and Greenwood issues need resolving first.

AneRu

We have so many issues in forward positions right now, I would keep him and do anything we can to try and get him back to his old form or as near as possible to it. Ronaldo, Cavani and Greenwood issues need resolving first.
The way he has been playing over the last twelve or so months he is as useless as the likes of Cavani and Greenwood. There is a saying in my native language 'don't count mice along with their tails', that's what we will be effectively doing.

The smart money will be to buy a guy like Rafinha, who won't cost the world and who won't throw a hizzy fit should Rashford regain his form and becomes a starter again. But if he can't return to his level over the course of next season we should cut him loose.