Would you swap Lukaku for Morata?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Contradiction much , so for you it's harder to give up on Lukaku due to his reputation but you would any way swap him for Morata because he is easier to replace I am confused or may be you misunderstood the Op .
If it was up to me I would give up on whichever one I had and buy and better striker. But Mourinho and Woodward invested a lot into Lukaku, and he does usually have a decent enough scoring record, is youngish, so I feel like we'll be stuck with him as our main striker for the next 3-4 years despite all his flaws and that will hold us back. Morata just isnt very good and doesnt have a good scoring record so itd be a no brainer to bench him and replace him.

Basically, I think United would need a new striker no matter what. With the people we have in charge, we would sooner buy a new one with Morata up front rather than having Lukaku up front.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
:lol::lol::lol: What a crap suggestion.

gajender

If it was up to me I would give up on whichever one I had and buy and better striker. But Mourinho and Woodward invested a lot into Lukaku, and he does usually have a decent enough scoring record, is youngish, so I feel like we'll be stuck with him as our main striker for the next 3-4 years despite all his flaws and that will hold us back. Morata just isnt very good and doesnt have a good scoring record so itd be a no brainer to bench him and replace him.

Basically, I think United would need a new striker no matter what. With the people we have in charge, we would sooner buy a new one with Morata up front rather than having Lukaku up front.
I understand the point you are making but op is talking about swapping Lukaku and Morata now not when we were initially after then so if we agree to swap them, then basically it means we have given up on Lukaku if that's the case we would be better served by selling him outright and going for better striker option or give Martial a chance up top and get better wingers.

Canagel

Neither of them are good enough to lead the line for a team with title aspirations.

-Supreme-

Definitely no.

At least Lukaku is a proven goal scorer both internationally and in the Premiership so we should be able to offload him for more without a doubt.

I can see those cheap Italian clubs trying to take Morata on a 2-3 years loan deal :lol:

Sanchez7

Absolutely. Morata has a much higher ceiling than Lukaku and is much better technically.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Morata played with Real Madrid and was actually quite good, played with Juventus and was actually quite good. His time at Chelsea hasn't been great but look how Barkley fared under Sarri, perhaps Morata needs more time to rediscover his form. He scored against big clubs in the CL, is proven to be CL material. What did Lukaku do? Ah yes he played for Everton!

United Pro

Lukaku for Icardi would make more sense. In fact throw in Darmian and a few quid and grab Skriniar as well.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You can reverse that role last season, where Chelsea had the disgruntled manager and uncertainty, while we had the comfort of stability and being in second place for most of the season.

Lukaku in his poor form is a waste of space. Team was fully in control of the game against Everton until he came on and disrupted the rhythm.
We already know how both players perform in different situations.

Lukaku performs at a good level in a good team. Not certified world class since he'll have a dry period but he'll score 1 in 2 and facilitate the forward play. Morata in a good team has been completely average, has no composure when through on goal, can't hold up the play, decent dribbler. He's a certified poacher for me, and not even that good of a poacher.

Hazard, who isn't even a prolific goalscorer is outscoring Morata in this Chelsea team, also holding up the ball better and linking up play better. I can be confident in saying that Lukaku would be prolific in that Chelsea team. Morata does very little to help Chelsea's system, certainly nothing that Lukaku can't do.

Robbie Boy

Morata is fecking poison and there's talk he'll be rightfully flogged off in January.

Maccataq

But we played differently with Rashford in his place.

So is it the team not making passes or likely not making runs?
I think it was the former but Lukaku has since stopped making the runs. My thoughts are that service was poor to the point where Lukaku gave up on trying to make the runs. Watching Belgium in the World Cup got me excited because Lukaku's movement and runs were first class so to me it highlighted that the way we have been playing was wrong. Having said that, having the likes of De Bruyne and Hazard behind you would make any striker run all day long.

cheeky_backheel

I think it was the former but Lukaku has since stopped making the runs. My thoughts are that service was poor to the point where Lukaku gave up on trying to make the runs. Watching Belgium in the World Cup got me excited because Lukaku's movement and runs were first class so to me it highlighted that the way we have been playing was wrong. Having said that, having the likes of De Bruyne and Hazard behind you would make any striker run all day long.
I think with Belgium he has more talent around him that takes attention away from him and thus he has more space to run into