Would you swap Pogba for Verratti + cash?

Alfie092

No way. Verratti is a brilliant player but I just have too much love for Pogba and believe he would show his true potential on a more consistent basis. At his best he is an absolute joy to watch.

If Mourinho really wanted Verratti then it should be a cash only deal, or part exchange in a swap, as much as it pains me, for Martial if he wants to leave and if Mourinho has no plans to give him more game time. No idea how much Verratti and Martial are valued at, but I guess around the same? If so then no cash would need to be involved, or at most a small amount of money going one way or another, to either us or PSG.

tomaldinho1

No but I do like Veratti a lot as a player

They can take their pick from Blind, Darmian etc though if they like!

James Peril

I’d never sell Pogba, but I am getting tired of all the nonsense from the media. Perhaps the only way he could win everyone over would be to leave the country? Pogba could score and decide ten games in a row with ten assists on top, but the next game he looks average he’s going to be slated for doing tricks and not being consistent. Different rules apply for him, for some reason. Perhaps because he is big, black, flashy and the polar opposite of old, white has-beens like Lawrenson, Souness and the lot?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We'd have to buy someone to be creative if we sold Pogba, SMS, Thiago (I'd love him), etc perhaps but I dunno.

Pogba really does have his moments where he's amazing and you'd want anyone else in our midfield but then he has plenty more moments where he's just completely ineffective and that's where the problem lies. We can't rely on him.

Last edited:

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Tell them to get fecked and buy Verratti up straight. If they thought they had surpassed us in the footballing world by taking a disgruntled Argentinian Martin Short, they're sadly mistaken.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
First the story seems to originate from The Sun so is obviously B0ll@x!

But if it was true, You know what i'd be temped. Pogba's form per the past two seasons has been like a rollercoaster, you can't rely on the player, his utter inability to play in a two man midfield really limits our tactics.

Verratti is also a player i've always enjoyed watching i can see him functioning in a two or a 3 and I don't think his form fluctuates to the same level.

We also have a need of the money, we still a defensive midfielder and a right winger, and maybe a left back and centre back. and we have already spent 70 million.

So if PSG offered 30+ million and Verratti i'd be very tempted.

But like i said the story is nonsense.

red4ever 79

No, but I would swap him in a heartbeat for some players. Kane, Mbappe, Modric are three that come to mind of the top of my head

chicha14

If Pogba really wanted to go then I would not say no Veratti but I would definitely prefer if he stayed, which i genuinely believe will be the thread.

Wallez

Absolutely not. However, I would give Pogba or Martial + cash for Mbappe. Imagine swapping Pogba for Mbappe, and not having to play 433 only to keep Pogba productive.

Matic - Fred
Mbappe - Sanchez - Rashford
Lukaku

The BlackGaijin

Jesus Verrati is really overrated here huh?... No .. It's a shame that a few would even entertain this stupidity.

Verrati and Thiago are two of my he most overrated players on this forum.

RedStarUnited

Taking Pogba away and bringing in Verrati will remove the last bit of creativity we have. Even the mentions of getting Mbappe etc are still pretty wild too, our main issue is chance creation.

Ekeke

If we were selling him because he wants to leave and Mourinho doesn't want him, then I'd prefer this to signing M-Savic

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
No.

Plus from what I've seen of him, Verrati doesn't have the strongest mentality. What's the point then?