Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Conte is a world class manager but anyone saying yes to him as manager A- doesn’t understand what it means to be a Man Utd supporter and B - should be banned from the forum. These are the same people who thought Mourinho was the answer when it was never ever going to work. A manager has to be a cultural and philosophical fit as well as just being good tactically.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
The season Chelsea won the league under Conte:

30 wins 3 draws 5 losses — 85 goals for 33 against. Only Spurs scored (one goal) more that season.

The season Inter just won the league under Conte:

28 wins 7 draws 3 losses 89 goals for 35 against. Only Atalanta scored (again, one goal) more than that.
I've got no idea why he has this reputation as a defense-only coach - it's very odd. Because he favours 3 at the back systems? The modern game is all about having a cohesive front 5 you can attack with and Conte has implemented that wherever he goes.

As an oppo I'd be shitting myself if United got Conte. Seems likely bound for Madrid though.

Infra-red

Presumably those rejecting Conte for his style of football aren't doing so in favour of persisting with Ole's painfully dull, counterattacking shambles. We're absolutely awful to watch under Solskjaer.

Nick7

Over Ole? Yeah. I think there may be better fits out there. Conte wouldn’t last a season with our owners and board.

Presumably those rejecting Conte for his style of football aren't doing so in favour of persisting with Ole's painfully dull, counterattacking shambles. We're absolutely awful to watch under Solskjaer.
Yeah I really don’t see what some others do in our football. Bar two very short runs after Ole took over and after the covid break we’ve been atrocious to watch.

SAFMUTD

Is he the ideal manager? No, is he best than what he currently have? 100%.

If having to choose between Ole and Conte, I would fly to Milan and carry Conte on my own back to Manchester.

El-Manos

No. Defensive managers don’t suit us. I also wouldn’t like the type of players he’d want to sign. He’s obviously a good coach though.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's not the ideal candidate but I would take him. He's a proven winner.

stevoc

No shite football and shite formation.

Also shite wig.

No. At least not at the moment. We have have a lot of young, bought in, players on the cusp of the first team. I want someone who will play young players. I am not convinced that Conte would do that.

Welbeckham

Great manager, very underrated by many. But he would probably stay for two years and then leave. Bit too much of a risk currently and realistically, I don’t think it will ever happen.

userman

Absolutely not. Fair enough we just lost a EL-final but let’s not forget the progress we’ve made, and let’s not throw all that way for a manager that stands for the complete opposite. Say hello to a permanent 532 and defensive oriented football... Let’s bring Lukaku, Young, Darmian and Sanchez back(that says everything about that league right now)!

Ludens the Red

Nah. Good coach but volatile and after Lvg, Mourinho and Ole I would really like the next United manager to be one who prioritises efficient attacking football.
I am so worn out by this shit football year after year.

If you read Inter forums, despite the title win, many are not enthralled with the style. He’s very efficient mind.

SaboTaj

Probably a kneejerk reaction, but yes Conte over Ole any day, even if it’s just for another couple of seasons. Ole isn’t going to be in charge for any longer than that either.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Hires Conte

Would You take Nagelsman at United?

Hires Nagelsman

Would you take Nuno Santo At United

Hires Nuno

Rinse Repeat Ad Infinitum.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
This thread is especially weird after a failed European game. Conte‘s record in Europe isn’t good. He also lost this final only last season.
Fair enough if some want him for his amazing league record though.

hobbers

He'd get us closer to titles than Ole, obviously.

It's a shame we missed out on the top class managers who can stay up clubs longer than 18 months.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's a far better manager than Ole, but I'd prefer someone else than Conte. He wouldn't stay here long.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes a psychopath, but undoubtedly a great manager and we'd win trophies for sure. Stylistically wouldn't be a problem either. There would be a dramatic falling out after a couple of seasons though. The only place Conte can be truly happy is at a club like City who relentlessly reinforce their squad, while 1 transfer window with us and he'd quit.

joedirt87

Could he win United a premier league title, possibly. Would it end in certain disaster, absolutely.

cyril C

Hypothetical situation - would you take Conte at United ? Do you think he would be a good fit ?

Unlike other teams he has managed , we won't sell players , we invest decent money every year.
Well, I am not going to waste time at this forum reading attack, attack, attack. What is the difference between Conte and Mourinho in terms of tactics? And neither are great in handling star players.

valeron21

Surprised to see a winning majority for conte. Deffo a good mananfer/coach but clearly high maintenance.. has a 2 year tenure at most for all his clubs. Very good manager but surely utd wouldn’t look twice at him?!

el3mel

How about instead of Conte we bring back Van Gaal or Mourinho?

Sorry, but no.
Conte is at his prime and his peak years as a manager currently. He's hasn't failed with a single team so far.

LVG was past it and Mourinho was entering his last years at top football.

What a weird comparison. Love or hate the guy, Conte is currently one of the best managers in the world.

iKnowNothing

Voted yes. If he comes in and brings a trophy or two, then why not?
I see people complaining about his personality - it's not like I'm going to be married to him! He could be the manager of a football club I support. The drama is the boards problem. Glazers would definitely deserve him.

mu4c_20le

feck no, look at the state he's left Inter. They are in for a big rebuild

Okey

He's a much better manager than Ole no doubt. But I doubt he'll last a preseason with our owners. Good manager, wrong fit.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
feck no, look at the state he's left Inter. They are in for a big rebuild
How on earth is that his fault? He's managed to win the league with very limited investment to the extent that they're bringing in PL castoffs like Young, Darmian, and Sanchez, then has been told that there will be no money available and he has to sell €80m worth of talent before he can even begin selling to buy. Cannot blame him one iota for getting out of there given the ownership fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.