Would you take Mbappe if given the chance?

KeanoMagicHat

This is one giant strawman
There’s no proof Mbappé would ruin the team dynamic. All we know is he’d be the best player in the league, it’s stupid to not want the best players in the world?

It’s this kind of shit had people wanting to keep McTominay over Casemiro.

Chief123

So he should be able to do whatever he wants? He has fallen out with team mates several times, publicly criticised the manager's tactics, refusing to pass the ball to certain players because they're not on good terms and a player who every other day isolates himself from many of his team mates during trainings. I would absolutely love to see him play here, but it is understandable that people have questions regarding him and wouldn't "fit" with the professionals like Bruno, Licha, Casemiro, Rashford, Malacia and the kind of squad Ten Hag are looking to build. I'm not saying he isn't a professional, but some of his antics and the power he has is strange.
Nothing to worry about. Licha will sort him out.

jem

a savvy reader may well deduce the opinion of someone asking for the thread to be closed
Yeah, and the same savvy reader would also call you out for a pointless, attention-seeking post. Surprised you didn't write 'do better' just to round off the aura of insufferability.

jem

Is this an auto compete error? WTF is "n add li"?
:lol: just noticed that now! I actually have no idea what I meant to type - and yes, I will blame iPhone auto-correct (or 'auto-compete' as you put it!)

Cal?

CR7 fan
Why would any club not want to sign the best player in the world? :confused:

shahzy

'would you accept a Ferrari?' - the Kia driver asks his fellow Kia drivers

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
At the moment? He's been horrible since the WC ended save for one game against a 6th division team
Let's not get too picky on the specific wording. Regardless of his form over recent weeks, he is arguably the best player of the world since the start of the season.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
no, personally i would take januzaj back as he has shown glimpses of being a much more complete player than mbappe

stepic

Yeah, and the same savvy reader would also call you out for a pointless, attention-seeking post. Surprised you didn't write 'do better' just to round off the aura of insufferability.
chill out dude, just because you think signing the best player in the world is somehow debateable doesn’t mean others do

Red00012

Title says it all: Imagine new owner comes in and promises to bring Mbappe to Old Trafford as a statement signing, would you take him?

Mbappe would instill fear in the PL defenders. But he may come with certain baggage like huge salary, big ego and extreme scrutiny from the press. Would we be ready to accommodate all of that to have Mbappe on the starting lineup?

Would he be a disruption in the dressing room (Sanchez, Ronaldo…etc) or he would form a lethal partnership with Rashford (The modern York-Cole)? Which way will it swing?

What the feck is this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Josh 76

Would you take Manutd wining the PL this season, given the chance ?

jem

chill out dude, just because you think signing the best player in the world is somehow debateable doesn’t mean others do
Who said I thought that? I just see nothing wrong with posing the question on a chat board. Certainty doesn’t warrant thread deletion.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Let's not get too picky on the specific wording. Regardless of his form over recent weeks, he is arguably the best player of the world since the start of the season.
I think Messi has been better over the period : beginning of the season+WC and they've both been very meh since the WC ended

Big_Bro

Thanks I don't need mbappe. I already have Sancho, Amad, Pellistri, Rashford, Elanga, Garnacho, Anthony and looking for where to play Shoretire. He should be at Real Madrid.

Erik the Red

A better question to ask is if the new owners buy Mbappe, how should ETH use him? What formation would we use, what position would he play, and who would play alongside him to make best use of his abilities?

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
How did this thread get to five pages?

It's not even like it's Haaland, where you could argue that there is the possibility of becoming one-dimensional and scoring less goals as a team despite destroying the race for the Golden Boot. Mbappe is arguably the most complete striker on the planet seeing as his competition in that regard are either past their prime (Lewandowski / Benzema) or an ambitionless also-ran (Kane).

Member 125398

It's not even like it's Haaland, where you could argue that there is the possibility of becoming one-dimensional and scoring less goals as a team despite destroying the race for the Golden Boot. Mbappe is arguably the most complete striker on the planet seeing as his competition in that regard are either past their prime (Lewandowski / Benzema) or an ambitionless also-ran (Kane).
It's more about what a transfer like this would represent rather than the player (who is clearly amazing).

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Take the commercials and attitude out of the equation, in a heartbeat.

Otherwise, it becomes tricky. Best player in the world for sure, but he has taken on the BPITW title without much subtlety or drama.

Mike Smalling

As an AI language model, I do not have personal preferences or the ability to make decisions, but I can tell you that Kylian Mbappé is widely considered one of the best young footballers in the world. He has already achieved a great deal of success and is highly sought after by many top football clubs. He is known for his speed, dribbling skills, and clinical finishing, making him a valuable addition to any team.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
On ability alone of course we would. Given he's on close to £1m a week then I wouldn't personally. That's the type of thing that can ruin a dressing room.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
It's more about what a transfer like this would represent rather than the player (who is clearly amazing).
That's a fair point. I think my comment was mostly motivated by my desire to remind the world that Harry Kane has never won a trophy.

lukepowell1988

Honestly it would be amazing to see him in the prem and playing for United but no.

Not the kind of personality we need right now.

scottser

apparently, there's that much acrimony in the psg dressing room right now that superstar divas might be had at bargain bucket prices in the summer.

Erik the Red

apparently, there's that much acrimony in the psg dressing room right now that superstar divas might be had at bargain bucket prices in the summer.
Qatari owners....

Maybe they will spread their superstars out amongst their various feeder clubs!!!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
One year of his salary (without counting bonuses) can buy you one good player. Thats mental.

One year of his salary can get you 25 Weghorst on a loan.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I personally would on his ability but wouldn’t because
Im scared we go all galactico like PSG did with Messi, Neymar, Mbappe,Verrati, Donnuruma etc

The team seems to lack a balance - a balance that Ten Hag seems to be building.

If it’s just him then sure why not except he would probably get even higher wages than he is now and breaks our wage structure even more.

Grande

Yea, but no - we got Wout.