Would you take Ralf Rangnick as manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corridor of Uncertainty

His win percentage rate throughout his career doesn't look particularly inspiring - or am I just being short sighted?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Cavani instead of Ronaldo
Shush, don't speak too loud. That would go back to end of last summer and start of this season :wenger: it's basically what this average manager said he wanted on post match interview today.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Rangnick had moved to Spartak Moscow. He hates nepotism with a passion and he wants total control which is why he clashed with the AC Milan tribe even before he signed for them. Thus he did not get the job there after previously signing a pre contract with them. The only way we can get him is for him to get full powers either as manager (SAF style) or as a DOF +++

devilish

Ralf Rangnick want control, control he would not get under the Glazers. So yes, he would be the perfect man (for limited time) to bring this club into modern football, but he would be the Glazers nightmare.
He would be a bigger nightmare to the class of 92. The man will refuse to work with Fletchery, Carricky and Cleggy

matsdf

Why would we hire the 63 Y.O Head of Sports and Development at Lokmotiv Moscow as a head coach?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Why would we hire the 63 Y.O Head of Sports and Development at Lokmotiv Moscow as a head coach?
Because he is kind of the godfather of modern German coaching. Half of the Bundesliga coaches and some Premier League coaches (Klopp, Tuchel, Hasenhüttl) probably would not exist without him. And he is also the man who established Hoffenheim and Leipzig in the Bundesliga. When you give him full control in a club (and that's the issue with him, he won't work in a club that does not grant that), he will deliver. He essentially never failed in a job apart from clashing with a club CEO or similar stuff.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Because he is kind of the godfather of modern German coaching. Half of the Bundesliga coaches and some Premier League coaches (Klopp, Tuchel, Hasenhüttl) probably would not exist without him. And he is also the man who established Hoffenheim and Leipzig in the Bundesliga. When you give him full control in a club (and that's the issue with him, he won't work in a club that does not grant that), he will deliver. He essentially never failed in a job apart from clashing with a club CEO or similar stuff.
Wasn’t Van Gaal the godfather of modern coaching?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His win percentage rate throughout his career doesn't look particularly inspiring - or am I just being short sighted?
Think hed be fine for caretaker. Its not a high barometer to beat right now.

hobbers

I'd take anything with a pulse over Ole on an interim basis.

I'd take Mourinho or LVG or Moyes for 6 months provided we knew we were getting Ten Hag, or worst case Poch, in the summer.

Revan

Assumptionman
Very good coach. With Conte gone, and Zidane not interested, he is the best manager who is available.

Would definitely take him, but only as interim manager. He would be decent for the season, but he is not good enough to go against Pep, Klopp and co. However, putting him then upstairs in place of noob Murtough would be a good idea considering that he is one of the best directors of football.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Manager[edit]
Ulm 1846

VfB Stuttgart

Hannover 96

Schalke 04

RB Leipzig

• DFB-Pokal runner-up: 2019

I barely know who he is so I went to Wikipedia. Better CV than Ole, so why the hell not? He's in the Koeman category. Shouldn't be at the top of the list, but as a caretaker I'd take him right now.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Manager[edit]
Ulm 1846

VfB Stuttgart

Hannover 96

Schalke 04

RB Leipzig

• DFB-Pokal runner-up: 2019

I barely know who he is so I went to Wikipedia. Better CV than Ole, so why the hell not? He's in the Koeman category. Shouldn't be at the top of the list, but as a caretaker I'd take him right now.
With Rangnick, you really have to consider the clubs he's managed when talking about achievemts.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Honestly, Rangnick coming in as caretaker and then moving into the DoF role is probably the single best thing we could do to get ourselves back on track. He would guarantee we'd completely move away from our current system that has made a complete mess of our managerial appointments with each one needing completely different style and players.

Unfortunately I highly doubt we'd give him the DoF role, and I then doubt he'd come in as caretaker manager without that appointment at the end of it.

SAF is the GOAT

yes, his teams play a very good style that would fit our players
Almost half of this team there are players who don't press or can't press - Pogba, Edi, Cristiano, Tony, Mason. What made you believe that his tactics is good for our players ?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Wasn’t Van Gaal the godfather of modern coaching?
Not really. van Gaal brought identity to Bayern Munich by giving them a possession based style that they mostly still follow today and laid the base for their total domination of German football and made them a CL powerhouse again. Rangnick's influence on modernising coaching began in the 90s, but only slowly that style he brought to Germany (more inspired by Arrigo Sacchi then by Dutch coaches) became more important. At the time van Gaal came to the Bundesliga the "second generation" after Rangnick was already in place (Tuchel in Mainz, Klopp in Dortmund), while Rangnick brought Hoffenheim to the first league.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
With Rangnick, you really have to consider the clubs he's managed when talking about achievemts.
Can you elaborate on that? Do you mean he's won cups and promotions with shite teams? And 2nd place with a team that isn't Bayern/Dortmund is basically like winning Bundesliga?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Almost half of this team there players who don't press or can't press - Pogba, Edi, Cristiano, Tony, Mason. What made you believe that his tactics is good for our players ?
Every player who hasn't got two broken legs and isn't as stupid as a loaf of bread can press. Of course with different intensity, but I believe a player like Mason Greenwood is currently simply coached to be lazy as feck and not being asked to press.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Can you elaborate on that? Do you mean he's won cups and promotions with shite teams? And 2nd place with a team that isn't Bayern/Dortmund is basically like winning Bundesliga?
That's what I was getting at, yeah. Although funded by rich dudes, he put Hoffenheim with a population of 3000 and Leipzig on the german football map. Also reached that CL semi vs United with Schalke, if I remember correctly.

Godfather

Every player who hasn't got two broken legs and isn't as stupid as a loaf of bread can press. Of course with different intensity, but I believe a player like Mason Greenwood is currently simply coached to be lazy as feck and not being asked to press.
Bang on

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Almost half of this team there are players who don't press or can't press - Pogba, Edi, Cristiano, Tony, Mason. What made you believe that his tactics is good for our players ?
Cavani can't/doesn't press? Are you on a wind up?

A competent coach would tell them to get with the program or feck off.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
For example he brought Hannover to the Bundesliga, just two years after promotion to the second league. So as hard as it is to admit that, this fits the "promotion with shite teams" category. Well, not really, just a shite club, he broke records for most points and goals scored in that promotion season, was a great team we had in those days :drool:

devilish

It makes him becoming manager pretty unlikely, but I think most would agree that this is exactly what's needed.
If I was one of the owners then he would be my second signing after Marotta

Dominos

As interim till the summer it's a no brainer, frankly we should take any competent coach to rescue the season.

This is hilarious though that he's asking his media buddies to let everyone know he's interested :lol:

I'm just imaging Woodward and co sat around a table going "who the fook is that guy?"

Infra-red

Yep. Absolutely. Get him in for six months and then move him upstairs and appoint Ten Hag as head coach in the summer. Would be a sign that we are getting serious about the football, rather than paying lip service to it as a means to an end for securing noodle partners.

NoLogo

Said a couple of years back when he left RB Leipzig that we should have hired him to modernize the club as our new director of football. I think the ship has sailed though, and I'm not sure if he is actually that great as a coach, even though his last season as a head coach at Leipzig was actually pretty good.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Rangnick could coach anyone, he is in the Bielsa category including the experience as DOF/Director of academy. Now Rangnick isn't suitable for a long term head coach job because he seemingly is a bit too intense for his own good, he had a burnout at Schalke. As @MadDogg suggested he would be the perfect man as a caretaker with the idea to have him as an actual DOF later.

Status
Not open for further replies.