Would you take Ralf Rangnick as manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Really weird appointment, he hasn't managed seriously for over five years now (one caretaker spell aside).
We would be deceiving ourselves if we thought we could hire a top coach in his prime as caretaker.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sounds like the type of guy we need as an interim/caretaker manager if that’s what we need. I’d much rather take him + his successor being someone like Ten Hag or the next 30/40 something year old Bundesliga coach over fecking Rodgers or Pochettino

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Sack Ole, bring him back in as caretaker until the end of the season.

Or get Rangnick in if he's interested.

SemiPro

Yes please. Would be the perfect interim manager in my opinion.

He’s a student of the game and an architect of modern football. Klopp and Tuchel based their game on how he coaches his teams.

Still remember his Schalke side that got to the Champions League semi finals.

DeGea

The Professor. He would be incredible as a tactician, and coach. Even as DoF.

mu4c_20le

We would be deceiving ourselves if we thought we could hire a top coach in his prime as caretaker.
I'd be over the moon if he was willing to come as caretaker until we get Ten Hag. But like Conte I can't see that happening as they might be too good for that. Another option is if we had a plan to convince him to come and then stay on in some sort of sporting role after his replacement comes. But that requires extensive planning from the board.

Sviken

I'd be over the moon if he was willing to come as caretaker until we get Ten Hag. But like Conte I can't see that happening as they might be too good for that. Another option is if we had a plan to convince him to come and then stay on in some sort of sporting role after his replacement comes. But that requires extensive planning from the board.
I think he would agree to manage us until the end of the season then take a job of DOF or something. He did the same with Leipzig and we're thousand times bigger than them. He would be an amazing DOF, as well. A real student of the game and knows what kind of players to get and promote.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Would be big of Murtough to hire the guy who eventually will take his job. Not likely.

AaronRedDevil

We somewhat had that with Ole in the last 2 seasons. Didn't work out did it? I like winning over entertainment thanks.
Jose might have been here if he wasn't such a cnut to his own players constantly. And he's a shite manager anyway.

::sonny::

He is always letting know that is available for the job

But nobody ever offered him a contract

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We somewhat had that with Ole in the last 2 seasons. Didn't work out did it? I like winning over entertainment thanks.
It was always in drips and it was never truly sustainable. It was entertaining in the sense of you never knew if we were going to smash a side 8-2 or come and play like a bunch of strangers. All those longterm variables (like xG and all that nerdy stuff) — was never showing a true trend to consistently entertaining and positive football

DickDastardly

Can we stop with the "would you take X as the coach" topics.

The answer is YES.

Whoever the X is.

Malcom X.
Xzibit.
Pablo Xcobar.
Your X wife.

Yes. Yes we would.

Man_UtdX1

Ole wins against Arsenal... Arteta gets fired... Ralf as in news gets hired by Arsenal

Ole survives somehow....

wolvored

Can we stop with the "would you take X as the coach" topics.

The answer is YES.

Whoever the X is.

Malcom X.
Xzibit.
Pablo Xcobar.
Your X wife.

Yes. Yes we would.
Think were all thinking like that now. Nearly every team looks better coached with a fraction of the money spent on players

Eplel

I have no idea who that is, but yes, hand on heart, I'd take him, or anyone for that matter, over Ole.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Just going to set up base here now

Ranger2d

Definitely could be an amazing interim option and he could step into the director of football role in the summer and we can properly go after someone like Ten Haag or ( I know people are going to call me crazy) Roberto Mancini over the summer. The World Cup would make it near impossible to get him, but one can dream

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Only as a caretaker, then move him up to DoF and let him bring in another manager.

Siorac

If he's happy with an interim, caretaker role (with a view of moving him up to DoF perhaps) then absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.