Votes: 515 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 904 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He will get sacked this season. Unless we pay up for him. They have conceded 17 goals in 10 games. And we are supposed to be impressed by that? It is scary!

Gazautd18

Doing a great audition for the job at the moment.
He'll fit in well here.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They’ve been awful.

The only reason Glazers have been putting out press feelers on him is because he’s likely to be sacked soon, and thus free.

And would be another ‘easy to handle’ manager for them.
Rodgers get sacked from Leicester? :lol:

sugar_kane

Look no different from Ole’s United today, knocking it about at the back and ineffective at breaking down a defence.

BlueHaze

Absolutely no chance in hell. I don't want Potter either but I'd even take him any day over Brenton.

Someone

Something
Just because he's an upgrade on Ole, and he is, doesn't mean we should hire him. He seems to be a yes man which is appealing to the glazers. But at this point we need a manager with a proven track record, not someone who can play good football but was never able to make it at another good club. He'll be doomed from day one.

matt10000

Roger is a good manager who develops talent and buys the right players. I think Leicester is punching above their belt having little budget. I do think the club will play better team football, rather than individual brilliance. My only problem is he can live up to expectations and pressure in Utd? He is definitely one of the manager that I will consider.
Who is Roger?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This is how they were looking before they beat us, so it makes sense. He’s good but he’s so far from what we need

leontas

No way. He’s a serial bottler. Bottled the title at Liverpool, bottled two top 4 finishes with Leicester. He’s got his sides playing some good football at times but he hasn’t achieved anything to suggest he’ll turn us into PL title challengers unlike Conte.

acnumber9

He’s been found out after a couple of years at every job he’s ever had.

Dec9003

Haha, love it how converstation is getting quiet after today's result.
I didn’t watch it so I’m not sure how the match went, but from what I’ve read Ramsdale pretty much won it for Arsenal, and Leicester dominated them and made a bucket load of chances.

Dec9003

Second half after abandoning the back 3. First half they were as bad as us off the ball. And I don’t say that lightly.
Ahh fair enough, he needs to turn it around quick there if he can, lots of pressure even with the success he’s had

bonothom

What the hell would we want with a manager that was not good enough for Liverpool?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It is probably a bit over the top and childish. I’ve felt for a long time that Rodgers will be the man our board will go for. It seems like a very typical move from Woodward/Glazer at this stage.

He is an improvement on OGS. On that I am sure most of us will agree. But I do think he is significantly below the coaches at the clubs we will be competing against. A good coach manages to take advantage of opportunities when they arise. In my opinion, except for the FA-cup win last year, Rodgers has failed every single time there was an opportunity:

He failed to exploit a great opportunity in 13/14 with Liverpool. Ferguson was gone and for a few years the level in the PL was quite low (14-16). Liverpool had a great opportunity in 13/14 with probably the best center forward in the world.

Lack of structure and balance made Liverpool conceed 50 goals. People here love to point fingers at Gerrard slipping. I do too. But you dont win the league conceding 50 goals. Even with poor players, that is mostly about poor structure and balance.

I also think he has failed in the league with Leicester. The expectation at Leicester should be to finish first after the top six, even competing with Spurs for the 6th. Normally you could argue that finishing 5th is good and an example of him overachieving. In my opinion, that is to simple.

For the past two seasons four of the six clubs with significantly more resources than Leicester have been really poor. A very good manager would, under these circumstances, make it to the top four. Like Pochettino did with Spurs.

I think some fail to see that because they underestimate (or are not aware) of the resources at Leicester. Financially they are significantly below the top five, at a similar level to Spurs, but significantly above the rest. Furthermore, their owner, management and recruitment team are very good. Maybe even the best in the league next to Liverpool. The foundation for a manager to be successfull is great!

I dont think his teams looks impressive as a unit either. In my opinion, the «quality of football» (structure, how they defend, press, buildup play/transition) at Southampton, Leeds and Brighton is better than at Leicester. So far this year even West Ham looks better as a team (and not much less proactive and attacking either).

In summary, I think he is an average PL coach. At Man Utd we need a good one.

An average coach/manager with a «long term plan» at this stage will probably seal our faith as a club significantly below Liverpool and Man City for a longer period of time than I ever imagined. I could see Rodgers sticking around for quite some time talking about the longer term when failing to win anything.

If we hire Rodgers my bet is that Man Utd, as a top club, will be largely irrelevant for the next decade.

Strongly recommend this:

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-manager-leicester-city-celtic-fsg-john-henry-epl-a9142616.html?amp
I understand where you're coming from and never thought of Rodgers as someone I'd want at United. But I'm hopeful there will be a few twists and turns in the pursuit for a new Manager. I'd prefer us to go for Graham Potter, if the plan was focus on appointing someone from within the league. But I'm also hopeful we might try something left field in appointing a coach by using the David Dein blue print which saw a little known French Manager arrive at Arsenal in 1995 from Japanese club Grampus Eight, and changed English football in many aspects, when it came to playing the game, scouting, nutrition etc.

Crashoutcassius

I like him and would have liked him as our last appointment to help build something. But ole has built a good squad and now we need to kick on more than Rodgers can do

Status
Not open for further replies.