• No

Votes: 904 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's a top coach, but he's David Brent, so no.

I don't want another manager with no self awareness.

Ixion

He has done a decent job at Leicester but surely we can do better. How could you pick Rodgers over Conte.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I’m very much behind Rodgers. Think he’s a great manager. I’d probably say he’s the best in the league outside of the obvious 3. I’d be pretty happy with him or Potter stylistically, although I’d also be on board with Conte.

Berbaclass

He has done a decent job at Leicester but surely we can do better. How could you pick Rodgers over Conte.
I don’t think it’s that simplistic. Both are good managers, both have pros and cons. Conte is obviously the best manager of the two but Rodgers would probably be a better fit for our current players and club philosophy.

lex talionis

I have no problem with Rodgers, but with Conte there for the taking you have to go with Conte over Rodgers.

Frank Grimes

I like Rodgers and have for years. Ticks a lot of boxes. Has managed big clubs. If he wins the Europa League this season It would be enough to fully convince me though I'm almost there anyway.

Ten Hag would be my first choice though. Rodgers second.

Berbaclass

I like Rodgers and have for years. Ticks a lot of boxes. Has managed big clubs. If he wins the Europa League this season It would be enough to fully convince me though I'm almost there anyway.

Ten Hag would be my first choice though. Rodgers second.
I don’t think we’ll win the Europa League this season :wenger:

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
No, especially after Leicester have messed up in the last 2 seasons when it was easier to make Champions League football. Fair enough once but a top manager would have made sure it didn't happen again the following season.

look at Bielsa's Leeds they blew a good lead in the Championship in his 1st season then made sure it didn't happen again and got promoted.

Tuchal lost a CL final then the following season got to the final again and won it.

SAF in 11/12 we blew a 8 point lead with 6 games to go, next season won the league.
With all due respect, whilst he shoulders certain elements of blame, we've been decimated with injuries both seasons.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i’d take him with the next manager after him in mind.

Sviken

Voted no. Would prefer him over Ole, but when you have Conte available and you go for Rodgers and Poch, well, the club deserves to be in gutter. At this point, might as well just throw this entire season out, give it Ole 'till the end of season" and then take the risk on Ten Hag.

Glaswegian

If United want to cement their place as also rans for the next decade with the odd cup win here and there and doing the bare minimum in Europe, then absolutely go for Rodgers.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
At least the pattern appears to be clear for the mold of manager they are looking at. It appears to be someone pleasant to be around and with a proven record of developing young players.The Jose experience seems to have scarred the club from high achieving assholes.

Dominos

I think he's one of the better managers in the league, but I doubt he'd the man to bring the league or CL back to United where others have failed. To be fair he'd get us looking like a cohesive football team which Ole has failed to do in 3 years, but our ambitions have to be higher than that.

His biggest achievements in the PL are getting middling teams to overperform without ever really achieving anything that great. He only had 1 good season at Liverpool and 3 quite bad ones. 2 seasons at Leicester where I think he's done a good job despite missing out on top 4, he's been a victim of his own success in a way where people expect top 4 finishes because of their good early form when in reality they'd be big underdogs at the start of the season.

However, we gave David Moyes the job off the back of similar achievements. Granted I think Rodgers is a better manager and he plays football in a way more befitting of a top club, but when there's a manager on the market who has won league titles at multiple clubs including the premier league in Conte, it seems madness we'd go looking to take a risk of a manager like Rodgers making the step up.

In terms of sorting out our problems right now, looking at his defensive record in the league in his full seasons
Leicester - 50 GA, 41 GA
Liverpool - 48 GA, 50 GA, 43 GA

Not the most inspiring stuff, maybe it would improve with better team to be fair, he's certainly never worked with a squad as strong as we have now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The source is Ian Whittel, who also worked for The Times.

Highfather_24

The fact that the club is prioritising playing style and being a yes man over actually being a winner, shows the state of the club. The united way is about winning first and foremost.

BorisManUtd

He's been great at Leicester. Think Rodgers almost guarantees us top 4 (though probably behind the other 3 teams), he almost got there twice with Leicester, should be able to do it with United. We'd win an occasional FA/Carabao Cup but wouldn't do much in Europe. Sounds like a perfect candidate for our board.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
"Buy British". Christ. I mean if that's even a factor in the decision then just Christ.
I don't believe the buying British is true and it's something Whittel has thrown in there. The reports are that they want to appoint a Manager who will play a brand of football they've spoken about and also make use of the club's youngsters like Amad, Elanga, Hannibal, Shoretire, Pellistri. Knowing the Premier League is also important, and its there where Whittel has worded it differently and gone for 'British' instead of knowing the league like Ogden did when he mentioned Rodgers and Pochettino.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I don't mind Rodgers, but that mentality of "British first" sounds like the glazers want a lap dog. Dodgy.

Skills

Snitch
No, he's a pretentious twat. I'm sure his fecking head would explode just being offered the job.

Remember the crap he used to come out with managing Liverpool?

fergosaurus

Having to endure another 35+ games under this management, then a few years of Brenton/Poch is a deeply unpleasant thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.