g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Would you take Ten Hag at United?

Would you take Ten Hag at United?

• Yes

Votes: 1,547 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Arrow

Yeah, if the glazers go for him they need to at the very least bring VDS over too and if that was to happen we may start to see something akin to a plan being implemented for the club and it’s future but….
The club I think had the chance to appoint a footballing person to the role as in VDS but instead went with Arnold (Who I think has worked in some capacity with Woodward for awhile). They have gone with a safe choice and there will be no change, if there is to be real change in the future of this club and the direction of it then the owners need to sell to new ones who know about football otherwise we are destined to fail (Which I personally think we are already there now).

Reactions: Cheimoon

mark_a

Come on guys, he looks like someone's crossed Guardiola & Dyche! That's exactly what we need!

Coops73

The club I think had the chance to appoint a footballing person to the role as in VDS but instead went with Arnold (Who I think has worked in some capacity with Woodward for awhile). They have gone with a safe choice and there will be no change, if there is to be real change in the future of this club and the direction of it then the owners need to sell to new ones who know about football otherwise we are destined to fail (Which I personally think we are already there now).
Yeah, it’s upsetting as a United fan because, and I don’t mean to sound entitled especially when you look at fans of clubs like Oldham, Hull etc, but our future looks and feels as negative as ever, from where we were to where we are now in a relatively short space of time is shocking.

Green Arrow

Yeah, it’s upsetting as a United fan because, and I don’t mean to sound entitled especially when you look at fans of clubs like Oldham, Hull etc, but our future looks and feels as negative as ever, from where we were to where we are now in a relatively short space of time is shocking.
Lower league teams have it harder no doubt about it, what happened with Bury was shocking and sad.

When SAF retired he was the man who held everything together, but at the end it was starting to fall apart slowly. The owners/board should have had aplan in motion to rectify this but 8 years later we're still in a mess. We are already in decline or are there already, with Newcastle now in the picture it's going to be tough to get that final CL spot. Mayby just maybe missing out on the CL spot for a couple of years will get the Glazers to sell the club.

Coops73

Lower league teams have it harder no doubt about it, what happened with Bury was shocking and sad.

When SAF retired he was the man who held everything together, but at the end it was starting to fall apart slowly. The owners/board should have had aplan in motion to rectify this but 8 years later we're still in a mess. We are already in decline or are there already, with Newcastle now in the picture it's going to be tough to get that final CL spot. Mayby just maybe missing out on the CL spot for a couple of years will get the Glazers to sell the club.
I think I’d take that to be honest…What a way to think :(

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Had a horrible thought that we have a done deal for Ten Hag at the end of the season…then Pep announces he’s leaving a year early and City end up signing ETH up summer ‘22. One bald bastard in, one out.
That’s ok, just get Pep then. Sorted.

Highfather_24

Wouldnt be surprised if we dont go for Ten Hag because someone from the board says "We already tried possession football with LVG, and it didnt work so we are apprehensive. Its not the united way".

jamesjimmybyrondean

Wouldnt be surprised if we dont go for Ten Hag because someone from the board says "We already tried possession football with LVG, and it didnt work so we are apprehensive. Its not the united way".
I bet that's how they are seeing it. Don't go for Potter we've already tried Moyes. Don't go for Conte we already tried Mourinho

hobbers

Wouldnt be surprised if we dont go for Ten Hag because someone from the board says "We already tried possession football with LVG, its not the united way".
They won't go for him, and by they I mean Richard Arnold, because he hasn't managed in the Prem.

Poch wont be available and we'll end up with Rodgers. Buzzwords and phrases already prepared: "United DNA", "brings through young players", "3 year project", "understands the league", "United DNA", "The United Way".

In a dream world we'd take Ten Hag and VDS, link them up with Murtough, and kick everyone else out including Arnold and Fletcher.

Highfather_24

I bet that's how they are seeing it. Don't go for Potter we've already tried Moyes. Don't go for Conte we already tried Mourinho
I bet that's exactly how they see it.

Considering they think we want Ole out because of just the 5-0(and not because of his tactics/coaching over 3 years), and they are therefore giving him another 3 games to prove himself, when there is nothing he can show in 3 games, we havent already seen over the last 3 years.

I'm pretty sure the ones calling the shot have zero footballing knowledge, and all they want is a yes man who can get them top 4. And I'm pretty sure our next managerial target is Brendan Rodgers.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I’m proper moist for Ten Hag to be honest.

It’s got to the point where I think I would be genuinely disappointed if we ended up with someone else.

If I try to take a step back and think about it clearly though, I just can’t see our board appointing a manager like Ten Hag, so I am just setting myself up for failure really.

I think Poch has become the obvious candidate at this stage, let’s hope he doesn’t get sacked from PSG to at least make our board think twice about appointing him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I guess we're all tuning into to see how he does in the return fixture away to Dortmund. Seems the pick of the fixtures.

justsomebloke

I'm nowhere near knowledgeable enough to really assess ten Haag, but a manager who's achieved what he has at Ajax, and is attuned to working long-term from a clear philosophy but with the nous to adjust that philosophy away from an excessive emphasis on possession to a more balanced style utilising also the advantages of a more direct game, that does sound awfully good to me.

mav_9me

You're right, but personally I'm burnt out on the appointing competent and proven yet not quiet good enough managers. Those 2 definitely fall into that category.

This is why I would personally go for Ten Hag>Enrique>Potter in that order.

I want some new ideas. I want to feel excited watching United again. And of course win some trophies while doing so.
That's all I want. I don't need a trophy at the end of the season. I just need us to challenge and generally play good. Trophies at this point for me are a bonus. Sadly that's where I see us at

Fts 74

That's all I want. I don't need a trophy at the end of the season. I just need us to challenge and generally play good. Trophies at this point for me are a bonus. Sadly that's where I see us at
All I want is to look forward to games again knowing we will play like a team not 11 individuals.

Luckily, I've lived through our dominant years so trophies as you say would be a bonus.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Head over to the ajax game to see patters of play and good coaching.

Highfather_24

Not a particularly impressive half from Ajax. Dortmund looked better to me, even after going down to 10 men. Unlike us, who crumble.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Pretty even half, Ajax unlucky to be a goal down. Ajax created the better chances with a defensive slip contributing to Dortmund's best opportunity.

Sviken

Not a particularly impressive half from Ajax. Dortmund looked better to me, even after going down to 10 men. Unlike us, who crumble.
We crumble with 11 men. What Young Boys did to us was more like total domination.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ajax deservedly equalise, the goal was coming, it's been all Ajax in the second half and Kudus has just missed a good opportunity to put Ajax ahead.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ajax now deservedly take the lead. Another cross from Anthony from the right wing and Haller scores his 7th UCL goal.

fergosaurus

Worked the ball well in the second half and deserve their 2-1 lead. 5 mins away from a 6 point lead at the top of the group.

Amir

You're giving them too much credit if you think they talk about 'possession football'.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Ajax have turned it around after some intense pressure. His setup also looks similar to what we have. Would be shrewd choice for us

Eddy_JukeZ

The worst part is that I doubt our board are even considering him.

It's the hope that kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.