Would you take Tevez back now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manutddjw

No.

He's a damn good player, but I think we'd be asking for trouble signing him. The wheels always seem to come off for him when he's not guaranteed a starting spot. It's what happened here, at City and I'd imagine the only reason he'd leave Juventus is because they're looking at signing other players that would provide competition for him. Other than him wanting to go home to Boca, there's no good reason for him to want to leave Juventus right now. At United he's not guaranteed that starting spot. Rooney will start up top whenever possible which will leave him on the bench to sulk.

If he was a team player and apologized for his past indiscretions, it would be a resounding yes. But there's too much evidence to suggest it would be a mistake regardless of how talented he is.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Is anybody actually annoyed about that Fergie sign? I'm not sure if I was at the time but part of me thinks it's fair game. Fergie made a quip about City and it came back to bite him. Tevez is thick as shit so I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't read the sign anyway. Also, Fergie isn't actually dead.
Plenty of people seem to be. I'm with you though, couldn't give a shit really.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
No thank you. His RIP Fergie shennanigan was just shocking and unforgivable.

A real shame that Rooney isn't ageing well and unfortunately, Tevez is probably a better striker than him right now despite a two year gap between them. Still, would rather look for other younger options.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
We never saw the Tevez of City or now at Juve during his spell with us. If he was younger then I'd take him.
I think we saw more than enough of him in his first season with us to suggest he would be fantastic. Imagine Falcao had an identical season to Tevez had with us, he would be a huge fan favourite and we would have paid 40 mill without question

But that ship has sailed....I rarely criticise Fergie about anything but he handled Tevez poorly. The last gasp offer too wasn’t even the asking price…but could we not have wrapped it up long before this?

But then again I also believe Utd might not have had the funds at the time either.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's a dick but he's a quality footballer and would be a great stopgap til we deal with other areas and someone to fill the position long term becomes available.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
feck no.
I'd rather have United play with 1 man less every game from the kick-off than to have that cnut back in the team.

Dominos

Is anybody actually annoyed about that Fergie sign? I'm not sure if I was at the time but part of me thinks it's fair game. Fergie made a quip about City and it came back to bite him. Tevez is thick as shit so I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't read the sign anyway. Also, Fergie isn't actually dead.
Not really the point. It appears the idea of a 70 year old man who he has a grudge against dying gave him a chuckle. I personally failed to see the funny side.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Probably not, even ignoring his off the pitch issues. He's 31, we have one striker over 30 and another 4 months away from it. He's certainly good enough but we need someone more long term. Given that we're likely to be playing with just the one striker, three 30+ year olds isn't really the balance we need.

Ignoring the footballing reasons, he's a dick who turned us down before.

Last edited:

Acole9

Outstanding
Definitely not, he wouldn't want come back here anyway.

Robbie Boy

Feck no. I was wondering when a thread of this ilk would be created given his current situation. Was only a matter of time.

SalfordRed1960

Pretty much given his all for whatever side he played for. However, the bitterness in leaving United, the issues he had at City suggests the hassle is not worth it. If he is pushing to leave Juve having just played in CL final suggests he is never going to be happy playing wise,in Europe. Best go back to South America.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Would be all over this. Still got the quality, why not for a couple of years why he still has the amazing energy and quality? Plus he can get good relations going again with us.

Then again he has some turning round to do.

Charlie Foley

Briefly putting aside the fact that he's a cock...I wouldn't want him even in footballing terms. He had some great moments in England but I think he absolutely hates it there and his performances would suffer.

MoskvaRed

I never took the gravestone literally - I thought it meant something along the lines of "you're no longer the top dog in Manchester".

But, in any case, even though he's now better than Van Persie and, possibly, Rooney, we should be looking for options who are both younger and not pining for a return to Buenos Aires.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I always preferred Tevez to Berbatov back in that whole saga, but since leaving the club Tevez has shown himself to be an absolute cnut on multiple occasions, so it is a resounding no for me.

Mali_Zeus

Fair game to write RIP Fergie?
Are you serious?

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Used to like him when he played with us, but definitely won't want him here again. I don't think he was one of our most loyal...haven't found a shred of loyalty or display of gratitude from him towards United.

predator

Youth NITK
I forgot about the RIP Fergie thing. It's incredibly ill humour but I'm not sure he meant it literally.

If he did mean it literally then I don't want him back but if he just meant 'your day at the top is over' then he's welcome back with open arms.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
On ability alone, definitely capable or a reasonable sum and a year or two.

Deleted member 78215

31-year old striker, who's not keen on England, has a history of questionable behaviour, publicly insulted one of the most important men in our history, formerly played for rivals City - not even worth considering.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Carlito achieved absolutely everything throughout his two seasons here. Twice champion of England, champion of Europe and club's champion of the world.

Closed chapter with tons of good memories.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes, most definitely. He's an absolute winner on the pitch.

I never took the gravestone literally - I thought it meant something along the lines of "you're no longer the top dog in Manchester".
Yup, I pretty much took it in that manner too. I don't think he was wishing death on Fergie or anything.

RooneyLegend

I'd never have let him go in the first place, but now? No. He's got 2 seasons left at most at this level.

United22

He is better than all of our strikers, but it really wouldn't be a transfer that is worth it given that he is 31. Don't really care that he is a cnut, but if he was 4 years younger we probably should be going for him

Moriarty

I forgot about the RIP Fergie thing. It's incredibly ill humour but I'm not sure he meant it literally.

If he did mean it literally then I don't want him back but if he just meant 'your day at the top is over' then he's welcome back with open arms.
As another poster said, it was handed to him by a bitter but, even so, it was hugely disrespectful. Look at the flak Wilshire got for his recent remarks about Spurs, or we can go back to 1977 when Emlyn Hughes led an "Everton are tragic" chant from an open-topped bus as Liverpool paraded the European Cup. It's a twattish thing to do and Tevez can't plead ignorance of English.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Come on. At the end of the day, football is a profession and Manchester United FC is an employer. He felt as if he was wrongly treated by our club, which I don't disagree with.

I currently despise some of my current management staff (for reasons I think are valid) and if I had the chance to jokingly insult them (which is what I think Tevez was doing) then I'd hold a "RIP *enter company name here* sign whilst winning the employee of the month at a new, more successful company.

GloryHunter07

No, not even without his past here. He's 31 and has always relied on energy and drive, he's going to lose that soon and won't be contributing as much. We shouldn't be after a 31-year old forward, we already have than in van Persie and he's probably better than him when both are in top form.
Agree with this. He demonstrated when at City by refusing to play that he is a massive tw@t.

Status
Not open for further replies.