Wout Weghorst

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He scored 24 and most if them being after Ighalo joined whilst being the best attacker in the most in form attack in the Prem.
I checked and it said 4 in the league that year?? 7 total.

EDIT: I remember Ighalo extended his stay into 20/21. which is the season I checked for Martial. Maybe Cavani's presence de-activated Beast Mode, as Ibrahimovic's did previously.

OverratedOpinion

He would already be gone if somebody wanted him last summer. Martial can't even replicate his best form on the left for us, so what use is that to us? He'll either be a very lowly squad player or sold within a year or two. He won't sit on our bench and that's where he will be next season.
Maybe he can, he is incredibly talented and has shown that very frequently for us.

I think where we disagree is that I see with Martial that he needs to be a squad player (a very useful one) where you think he needs to be sold.

Let's say we need a backup winger and striker, name one who we can get who is better than Martial for a comparable price to what we could sell him for?

pocco

loco
Maybe he can, he is incredibly talented and has shown that very frequently for us.

I think where we disagree is that I see with Martial that he needs to be a squad player (a very useful one) where you think he needs to be sold.

Let's say we need a backup winger and striker, name one who we can get who is better than Martial for a comparable price to what we could sell him for?
I don't think he needs to be sold, but he will be. Because if we signed Harry Kane, for example, he'd never see the light of day and would force a move. If he could convince anybody to take him this time.

We have a better back up wingers already in Garnacho (wouldn't cost us a penny, so there you go) and Sancho (in my opinion). Potentially 2 more on the way with Amad/Pellistri.

captaincantona

Martial has been good under ETH. He has adapted to a new style of play well. He presses well. He has had injuries. He has still not had a consistent run of games with things being so stop start. He is performing ok without scoring. ETH appreciates him which says a lot about what his attitude must be like behind closed doors. Im happy to have him in the squad.

WW will Be a good plan B.

OverratedOpinion

I don't think he needs to be sold, but he will be. Because if we signed Harry Kane, for example, he'd never see the light of day and would force a move. If he could convince anybody to take him this time.

We have a better back up wingers already in Garnacho (wouldn't cost us a penny, so there you go) and Sancho (in my opinion). Potentially 2 more on the way with Amad/Pellistri.
None of those have showed a level that Martial has for United. Nowhere close actually. Saying "better backup" is wildly presumptive.

I hope they will but who knows. Also none of them can be backup as a striker along with a winger.

pocco

loco
Martial has been good under ETH. He has adapted to a new style of play well. He presses well. He has had injuries. He has still not had a consistent run of games with things being so stop start. He is performing ok without scoring. ETH appreciates him which says a lot about what his attitude must be like behind closed doors. Im happy to have him in the squad.

WW will Be a good plan B.
Good by what standards? He's a striker playing for Manchester United. Let's be serious here.

pocco

loco
None of those have showed a level that Martial has for United. Nowhere close actually.

I hope they will but who knows. Also none of them can be backup as a striker along with a winger.
Martial hasn't shown that level in years, and has only shown it once or twice with any consistency in the many years he has been here. What matters is those dreadful spells that have gone on for too long. If you're good enough for United, you don't go through the dips he does for so long.

Garnacho's last performance and general level this season has been better than anything I've seen from Martial in a long time.

OverratedOpinion

Martial hasn't shown that level in years, and has only shown it once or twice with any consistency in the many years he has been here. What matters is those dreadful spells that have gone on for too long. If you're good enough for United, you don't go through the dips he does for so long.
He has literally played games this year (meaning the last 12 months) for us than have been better than any match any of the players you listed have ever had for us.

I would kill for Sancho to play as well as Martial did against Liverpool when he came on.

Glorio

When Ighalo came and impressed in his first few games, Martial activated beast-mode and never looked back that season.

More of the same from him please. If not, he can enjoy the bench
That was 'beast mode'? How many goals did he score that year? :lol:
He scored 24 and most if them being after Ighalo joined whilst being the best attacker in the most in form attack in the Prem.
This. And yes, that was Martial in beast mode.

Am I saying it will happen? No, but would be great and would elevate us if it did

ROFLUTION

That really isn't a valid comeback to what he said.

I would actually argue that being able to score more basic goals is a more transferable skill than being able to score worldies.
so you are the overlord of what is a valid comeback? Nice to meet such an authority

The turkish league is crap, lets face it. No turkish team has gone far in Europe for a good long while.

All decent goals, but he gets too much time on the ball for some of them compared to England. A lot of them are headers too, which I think will be more tough in the premier league too.

Not saying he’s not a good signing, but the forum had when I posted the video jizzed their pants over how great he is. The goals in the video just dont match the expectations imo, so I think it’s only fair to point out that he had 2 goals for Burnley. I much more expect him to be great at setting other players up here, i.e. Rashford, Bruno, Antony. Also he’s good for competing with Martial.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yeah Utd have literally kept him completely under wraps since arriving. Hopefully it's all been sorted in time but as others have said press conference will reveal all.
The welcome view this time is a bit h. Wout has to play Manchester United calipso using the the French horn. It's a bitch

SATA

So this is officially done. People say he’s a tap in merchant and piggybacks a lot of information from other journalists but i do believe he has many or some sources of his own. I’m not his particular fan but i do think he deserves some credibility at times

captaincantona

Good by what standards? He's a striker playing for Manchester United. Let's be serious here.
We play better with him in the team. Simple. His work rate is good. His hold up is good. His movement and positioning is getting him 2 or so good chances a game. If he starts adding a few finishes here and there he will easily get 10+goals for this season while adding a lot to how we play. Especially if we have a plan B in WW. Sure look at Jesus and Firmino types. Not out and out goalscorers but real positive for the team. Plus he can play a number of positions.

Are you trying to say he is not RVP/Rooney? Cause you then need to ask yourself who are their modern day equivalents and whether or not this current iteration of Man Utd can attract those players. The answer is no. So trust the boss to keep the right players around to get us back to being that team in a few years.

He shouldn’t be our first choice striker but he is one of the last players I would be criticising. I would have him in the squad ahead of Sancho/Elanga/DVB/Pellistri every day of the week. If he was a bad egg - ETH would want him gone. I like him for what he is. Excellent squad member. Hope he starts tomorrow.

SATA

He hasn’t has a single training session with the team yet so why would he be in the squad for tomorrow? Let’s be logical, lads

Gordon S

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ever really expected him to be, and the clamour to rush him into our most important game of the season so far is a bit weird. I expect he’ll be unveiled ala Varane and Casemiro on the pitch tomorrow.
Weren’t that just because they’re legendary players or world class players. I expect to see him in the stands tomorrow no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.