WSL 21/22 | United v Reading - Fri 3 Sept 7:45pm | Live on Sky One/Showcase

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Last edited:

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Really looking forward to this. Can't even remember the last time I was at LSV. It should be a difficult game, but hopefully having the fans back will make a difference.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Really looking forward to this. Can't even remember the last time I was at LSV. It should be a difficult game, but hopefully having the fans back will make a difference.
Yep. I should be there, but can't make this one. I'm looking forward to going back.

It won't be quite back to normal - the women used to come over to talk to the fans and do autographs for the kids after matches - bit they're still in a covid bubble and that's not allowed.

Hopefully the crowd buzz will still be there though. I know the banners will be :D

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff

Millie Turner and Jackie Groenen on the bench - which is a bit of a shock to see. Maybe because of the Olympics, but Toone is starting so I guess it's something else.

Russo on bench, hopefully that means she's nearly back to fitness. I'm looking forward to seeing her in action.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just looked up Marc Skinner and he only had a 20% win percentage in his last job. How/why did United go after him?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Just looked up Marc Skinner and he only had a 20% win percentage in his last job. How/why did United go after him?
Reputation for youth development, possession play, organisation.

The job in the US was a bit of a strange one - he was continually low on players, national team players unavailable, covid issues, other senior players injured etc. At any rate, people who watch the US League regularly, didn't seem to blame him and nor did the club. I guess we give him the benefit of the doubt for now :wenger:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Orlando Pride have been a terribly-run club for several years, and I'm not surprised that Skinner was held back by the club's overall mismanagement. With that said, I'd like to see how he fares for us, though based on our pre-season, we haven't looked too bad.

2 man midfield

Reputation for youth development, possession play, organisation.

The job in the US was a bit of a strange one - he was continually low on players, national team players unavailable, covid issues, other senior players injured etc. At any rate, people who watch the US League regularly, didn't seem to blame him and nor did the club. I guess we give him the benefit of the doubt for now :wenger:
Ah fair enough then, just seemed a bit bizarre.

2 man midfield

Orlando Pride have been a terribly-run club for several years, and I'm not surprised that Skinner was held back by the club's overall mismanagement. With that said, I'd like to see how he fares for us, though based on our pre-season, we haven't looked too bad.
Sounds like his hands were tied yeah, I’d never heard of him before I looked him up tbf

RedPed

Whatabouter.
They were mad to get rid of Sigsworth. Team's not as strong as last season.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They were mad to get rid of Sigsworth. Team's not as strong as last season.
It was an odd decision. It seems strange not playing with a CF. Also would have liked to see Galton and Hanson running at Reading more. It just seems very crowded. Think Ella is not involved enough. Not blaming here as she has been a bit isolated and likes to be involved more.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Don't we usually have problems playing Reading, that they are a bit physical.
We typically do, yeah. They're always tough opponents for United. With that said, it does look like United are still getting to grips with the match. Overall, they are playing with quite a bit of hesitation, even when they press off the ball.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Is it limited capacity or is that just the turn out ?
Standing area is always shut. Attendances were typically between 2k and 5k pre-covid (tonight's crowd looks like it's in that territory as well. The best attendances are typically for weekend matches as it tends to be a family crowd, often with young kids, and against the big rivals of course.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We typically do, yeah. They're always tough opponents for United. With that said, it does look like United are still getting to grips with the match. Overall, they are playing with quite a bit of hesitation, even when they press off the ball.
You wonder how nervous the girls will be in this game. This is coverage on another level. They will have to get used to it.

2 man midfield

Got the ball. I’m still having trouble getting used to a world where that could conceivably be a red card.