WSL 22/23 | United v Spurs - Sun 7 May at 12:30

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Three games left to play and we've still got it all to play for - but so have Spurs.

Yep, in a year where it looked like Spurs were recruiting to step up they're in danger of taking a step down into the Championship. Daniel Levy has responded by suggesting the League should scrap promotion and relegation to safeguard investment :smirk:

We beat them 2-1 at Spurs - a match mostly memorable for the Ella Toone red card that was overturned on appeal.

Tickets are on sale for east stand (the stand where the cameras are)

StretfordEnd78

Nervous for this one. Such an important 3 points on offer. Bethany England is a big threat. Still expect us to sneak it 2-1. We’ll see.

Grande

The Fergie time win vs Villa will have done wonders for confidence, you’d think. We’ve everything to play for, as long as the points keep ticking in, yet I’ll be enormously happy if we manage to break up the big three and go to Europe next season. Beating Spurs will take us a big step foward in that regard.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Katie Zelem is suspended for this match. Vilde Boe Risa or Estelle Cascarino are the most obvious replacements.

Millie Turner is fully fit again - so it'll be interesting to see which centre backs start.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Katie Zelem is suspended for this match. Vilde Boe Risa or Estelle Cascarino are the most obvious replacements.

Millie Turner is fully fit again - so it'll be interesting to see which centre backs start.
Think Bøe Risa will replace her. She can also take set piece duties from her.

Millie will probably start again. I’d like to see Mannion against Shaw in the City game, as we’ve struggled with her physically in prior meetings.

top1whoisman

Scout
Happy to see Naalsund in the squad so quickly after her injury.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Happy to see Summanen on the bench. Even if I wasn’t Finnish I’d have to say she’s been in good form lately.

top1whoisman

Scout
The pitch at LSV looks much better again. Happy that the U21s played at Carrington on Friday.

top1whoisman

Scout
Close! How many times have we seen that exact attack this season - through ball to Batlle who delivers a peach of a ball for someone to finish it off.

Eric_the_Red99

If we can grab an early goal here we could probably get a cricket score against this lot. The Spurs defence seems very leaky.

top1whoisman

Scout
If we can grab an early goal here we could probably get a cricket score against this lot. The Spurs defence seems very leaky.
While that is true, it is squeaky bum time. Getting that goal difference up would be nice, but give me a scrappy 1-0 and I’ll take it!

But you’re definitely right, keep moving the ball patiently around the box and the openings will come.

Eric_the_Red99

I see this habit of the mid-half fake injury break has spread to the women’s game now. They might as well introduce formal time-outs if teams are going to keep doing it.

top1whoisman

Scout
Stayed composed there as she could’ve passed it to Russo too but saw that the defender didn’t close herself down. Love the Galton outside of the foot finish.

top1whoisman

Scout
A big chance to widen the goal difference gap even further now. Could well be crucial in the end.

top1whoisman

Scout
Wish Blundell did what Batlle on the other side does more often. Make those runs into the box either with the ball or without it. A bit too often settles for the obvious, easy pass instead of running into that space in front of her.

Not a major criticism but something I’ve noticed this season. Last season she did that more consistently.

top1whoisman

Scout
Special mention at HT to Le Tissier. Without that block it would’ve been 0-1 and this could look much, much more difficult.

top1whoisman

Scout
Sorry I meant that we are so far ahead on GD that I would be shocked if anyone can catch us
Ahh gotcha. In general I’d agree but any of the top 4 teams are capable of a 8-0 result in this league. Chelsea also have five matches left to improve their GD whereas we’ve got two to go after today.

RORY65

3-0. Question now is whether to take some key players off (some of them play pretty much all of the minutes) ahead of the FA Cup final or keep them on for the chance of more goals.