WSL 22/23 | United v Spurs - Sun 7 May at 12:30

Eric_the_Red99

3-0. Question now is whether to take some key players off (some of them play pretty much all of the minutes) ahead of the FA Cup final or keep them on for the chance of more goals.
And the great thing is we have a strong bench now, so we could probably grab a couple more goals with the likes of Garcia and Williams.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
3-0. Question now is whether to take some key players off (some of them play pretty much all of the minutes) ahead of the FA Cup final or keep them on for the chance of more goals.
With the one-game-a-week schedule I wouldn’t worry about fatigue really. It would be nice to see some other players get proper minutes for a change. Then again we’d be kicking ourselves on the final day if it did come down to goal difference and we took it easy the last half an hour.

top1whoisman

Scout
That’s lovely from Bøe Risa. She’s been more than adequate cover for Zelem today.

RORY65

With the one-game-a-week schedule I wouldn’t worry about fatigue really. It would be nice to see some other players get proper minutes for a change. Then again we’d be kicking ourselves on the final day if it did come down to goal difference and we took it easy the last half an hour.
In theory you're right but I think the midfielders in particular, whom Skinner never changes, could do with half an hour off. I don't think Toone and Ladd have played as well lately and I wonder if the fact that they never get rotated and rarely get taken off is a part of it, not just for fitness reasons but there's no pressure on them as their places are so secure.

He changes the forwards enough that I think they could stay on in the search for goals.

top1whoisman

Scout
One of our most dominant performances so far this season. Apart from a couple of moments in the first half they’ve barely had a kick today. Wonder how many touches they’ve got in our box?

top1whoisman

Scout
In theory you're right but I think the midfielders in particular, whom Skinner never changes, could do with half an hour off. I don't think Toone and Ladd have played as well lately and I wonder if the fact that they never get rotated and rarely get taken off is a part of it, not just for fitness reasons but there's no pressure on them as their places are so secure.

He changes the forwards enough that I think they could stay on in the search for goals.
Aye that’s fair. At least Zelem got the forced rest today. But yeah agreed, would be nice to see Cascarino and Riviere to get some minutes. It’s not like they would make us worse in a match like this.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Very good win.
Don't really watch any of the teams outside United but I can't imagine there being many better fullbacks than Battle, she's quality.

top1whoisman

Scout
Very good win.
Don't really watch any of the teams outside United but I can't imagine there being many better fullbacks than Battle, she's quality.
Nah, she's one of the best players in the league. Let alone fullbacks.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Very nice interview with Skinner on BBC. Says that he can’t say that it’s been a great season, we need to go out and finish it

top1whoisman

Scout
Very nice interview with Skinner on BBC. Says that he can’t say that it’s been a great season, we need to go out and finish it
He's been brilliant for us. Saying all the right things without resorting to clichés. I remember he got a bit of stick last year from the online fanbase (I know) for some poor results and decisions he made, but that was probably more from people who don't really follow the women's team but expect them to win the title after being created only a few years ago.

Demon Barber

That was a very confident and assured win. Yes, Spurs had a couple of decent chances but their keeper was their best player by far.

Galton, Bøe Risa, Blundell, Le Tissier were the pick of the bunch for me, but also a mention for Toone who I think had her best game for a while - and good to see her looking so disappointed to be subbed.

Pleased to see Riviere make her debut too. I am looking forward to next Sunday!

Reactions: jojojo

top1whoisman

Scout
That was a very confident and assured win. Yes, Spurs had a couple of decent chances but their keeper was their best player by far.

Galton, Bøe Risa, Blundell, Le Tissier were the pick of the bunch for me, but also a mention for Toone who I think had her best game for a while - and good to see her looking so disappointed to be subbed.

Agree with more or less every point. It was definitely her best game in recent weeks. Still didn’t get the reward in goals or assists which is frustrating for her - as we can see from her face.

I think deep down the disappontment is towards herself more than for being subbed. Or a combination of both. She sets really high standards for herself and her teammates and she can’t really hide it when things don’t go her way.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Opening up for them with todays results so far. Just need a Chelsea draw somewhere.

PoTMS

Am I right in saying a City loss effectively seals Champions League football with our far superior GD?

top1whoisman

Scout
Am I right in saying a City loss effectively seals Champions League football with our far superior GD?
Yes. A draw would mean we need one point from two remaining fixtures. There’s no way City drop point here though.

Demon Barber

Agree with more or less every point. It was definitely her best game in recent weeks. Still didn’t get the reward in goals or assists which is frustrating for her - as we can see from her face.

I think deep down the disappontment is towards herself more than for being subbed. Or a combination of both. She sets really high standards for herself and her teammates and she can’t really hide it when things don’t go her way.
I totally agree. Toone does set high standards for herself. She was all over the pitch, influencing the game in so many ways, so I can understand her disappointment. Great cross for Russo's goal too.

I know her ridiculous red card in the away fixture was rescinded, but did not realize until today that the Spurs player got a two match ban for play-acting!

Toone to score the winner at Wembley.

Liverpool 2-1 up v City after 62 minutes

PoTMS

Alex Greenwood is so confused about how to feel.

Grande

Agree about Galton and Bøe Risa in particular. Earps also didn’t have much to do, but she saved our bacon on three occasions.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Commentator on FA player saying he thought that was a goal while I swear my thought on replay was that it wasn’t even close

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Huge result.

Clearly Liverpool on the last day won't be easy if we need to win for the league

Demon Barber

Agree about Galton and Bøe Risa in particular. Earps also didn’t have much to do, but she saved our bacon on three occasions.
True, she did, but was also stranded for the header that hit the bar, and England's header late on. I hope her wrist ligaments/tendons/stringy things are okay. Great save but clearly she was concerned.

top1whoisman

Scout
Sorry didn’t mean to dismiss your view, all about controlling my personal emotions in terms of hoping they’d drop points. The antijinx worked! :lol:

StretfordEnd78

Bøe Risa was my player of the match but just ahead of some very assured performances all over the pitch.
Tooney was busy and productive.
Lovely finish from Russo.
3 games to go. A cup final and a serious challenge for the title.
Happy days.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Virtually but not quite just because we have to play them so the GD swing is still unlikely but not impossible