WSL 23/24 | Aston Villa v United - 12:30 on Sun 1 Oct

didz

Get in :devil:

Quite satisfying to see their keeper flat-footed by that after all of the time wasting antics. Would put Pope to shame.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Overall very satisfied with the win. Many teams struggled against Villa last season. On the whole they didn’t really create much, we defended well as a team.

A good first half, we were dominant for the first 15 of the second half but our levels dropped for a while after that.

Le Tissier PotM for me. An incredible player. García not much behind her. Geyse and Zelem strong too. George solid defensively and on the ball but a bit disappointing going forward and with her crossing. Williams of course deserves a mention too.

Lost bear

Overall very satisfied with the win. Many teams struggled against Villa last season. On the whole they didn’t really create much, we defended well as a team.

A good first half, we were dominant for the first 15 of the second half but our levels dropped for a while after that.

Le Tissier PotM for me. And incredible player. García not much behind her. Geyse and Zelem strong too. George solid defensively and on the ball but a bit disappointing going forward and with her crossing. Williams of course deserved a mention too.
Yeah. Thought Toone played well too.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Bloody hell that was difficult, but that was to be expected playing Villa away. Super sub Williams again! García was fantastic, and Geyse is gonna be a star for us!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Phew. Their goal thankfully woke us up and we made good use of the extra player in the end which isn't always easy to do. Villa are a very good side so that's 3 points and job done in probably the hardest non top-4 away game.

Geyse very positive but tired in the second. Garcia should have the right wing spot locked down now.

Ekeke

Red card and subs changed the game. Geyse had some success going forward with little support and then ran out of gas around 50 mins. Williams looked a threat after she came on for her and scored the winner. Garcia I wasnt impressed in the first half but took her goal well and played well down the left after Paris came on and took over on the right with Garcia playing on the left. A few dangerous runs and more lively than the first half.

Its a good win after going behind but I was not very impressed with the performance other than Geyse and Williams looking dangerous and grabbing the winner to be honest.

RedDevilQuebecois

Good win, but I hope we will find ways to be more decisive with the amount of chances we had and will have.

Looking forward to see more from our new signings.

Ubik

Sidenote, Le Tissier is just fantastic to have.

spiriticon

Cmon ladies. I'm placing my hopes and dreams on your shoulders this year cause the men are useless.

top1whoisman

Scout
How long is the ban for a straight red? Looks like Hanson will miss the Arsenal game too :(

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Fara Williams can piss off as well. Never has anything positive to say about us, and now saying MLT should have been sent off?!

JB7

Yeah I’m not sure what world blocking a runner is a red card. Even if the ref had seen it it was a yellow at worst.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Fara Williams can piss off as well. Never has anything positive to say about us, and now saying MLT should have been sent off?!
Foul outside the box and a yellow I'd buy but talking about a red there? Wow.

Maya on Daly penalty? Probably - tough call either way for the ref. Looked good live, not so good in slow motion.

Ward talking about using more full-time pro refs in WSL is fair enough. The scrutiny once you've got the TV cameras at matches can be very hard on the officials.

rooneyberbatov

This was a proper United comeback :D

Well done! Williams, Garcia, Le Tissier were very good. Let me remind you that Maya is only 21 :houllier:

top1whoisman

Scout
Bristol City 1-1 Leicester at HT. Both goals from ex-United players, Carrie Jones and Aimee Palmer.

Ubik

Genuinely can't see how that would be a penalty, touches the ball first from in front of Daly and comes away with it.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Le Tissier and Garcia are easily my two favourite players by a mile. Le Tiss just makes everything look so effortless. Hopefully Garcia can flourish now that Russo is sucking at those fecking Gooners.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Genuinely can't see how that would be a penalty, touches the ball first from in front of Daly and comes away with it.
One of those, "I've seen them called," situations I thought. The pundits were very keen to call it. We're very much the interlopers when it comes to Women's football - I don't think we were supposed to come ahead of Arsenal last year. They've not forgiven us yet. :D

Lightbringer

Rachel Williams scored goals for Doncaster, then scored for every other club she played for, and now scores for Manchester United. You must give her credit for that, shes got the nose for the goal :cool: