WSL 23/24 | chat - but mostly United miscellaneous

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Relucant to believe everything from 'unnamed sources' but if even half of that is true then it's an awful mess

Not that surprising though, just a shame that we didnt build on the great season last year - lots of work for INEOS to do !
To be honest it's not that different to the criticisms that Casey Stoney allegedly made before she left. Things that people thought were promises or verbal agreements leading nowhere. Unclear or confused chain of command. No easy way to communicate with the people who could actually take decisions or authorise spending. No urgency even on agreed priorities.

That said - it still doesn't make me feel more kindly towards Marc Skinner. I see him as a symptom of the problems, not as part of the solution.

Lightbringer

Relucant to believe everything from 'unnamed sources' but if even half of that is true then it's an awful mess

Not that surprising though, just a shame that we didnt build on the great season last year - lots of work for INEOS to do !
" In negotiations for other players, multiple sources said United were pushing hard bargains, made disrespectful lowball offers and tried to find ways to save nominal figures here and there. "

Remember that a publication after the summer window citing several agents claiming United handling of transfers with agents was the among they worst the ever seen! Of course we dont know if its true, but seems more and more likely!

Demon Barber

I do not have access to the full article, but the soundbites sound believable.

Meanwhile, in other news, The Orlando Pride have just signed Barbra Banda for $740 000 and $500 000 a year (second highest ever fee) I realise there is so much more money in the NSWL but it shows how far behind we are. We really need to be competing.

Fortunately in Europe most players do not seem to be money-driven, but we are not even competing with Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Barcelona, Lyon. I do hope that INEOS are serious about the women's game, get their act together quickly, and help both United and the game to grow.

martyhem

Hi all, newbie to Redcafe (although a lifelong red and now women's season ticket holder with my 9-year-old daughter).

I'm looking to get tickets at the Etihad for the women's away game on 23 March. Is there a particular part of the stadium where I should be getting seats as an away fan? I think there's a corner of the South stand they use for away fans for men's matches. Is that the same for the women? I know home and away fans tend to mingle at women's games, but we'd prefer to be sitting among fellow reds than being surrounded by City fans! Thanks for your advice.

Reactions: Rood

Demon Barber

Hi all, newbie to Redcafe (although a lifelong red and now women's season ticket holder with my 9-year-old daughter).

I'm looking to get tickets at the Etihad for the women's away game on 23 March. Is there a particular part of the stadium where I should be getting seats as an away fan? I think there's a corner of the South stand they use for away fans for men's matches. Is that the same for the women? I know home and away fans tend to mingle at women's games, but we'd prefer to be sitting among fellow reds than being surrounded by City fans! Thanks for your advice.
Welcome. The United allocation is sold out, but you can get tickets easily from City. You are right that fans intermingle - it's one of the good things about the women's game. And don't stress too much about being close to the United bit - the Etihad will be mostly red. Above all, just enjoy!

martyhem

Welcome. The United allocation is sold out, but you can get tickets easily from City. You are right that fans intermingle - it's one of the good things about the women's game. And don't stress too much about being close to the United bit - the Etihad will be mostly red. Above all, just enjoy!
Thanks for your reply. Do you know which part of the stadium the United allocation is in? We'd just like to be as close as possible to the sea of red. Thanks!

Demon Barber

Thanks for your reply. Do you know which part of the stadium the United allocation is in? We'd just like to be as close as possible to the sea of red. Thanks!
Honestly, I have no idea where the United allocation is. Somebody on here will know.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Spurs just knocked City out of the cup on penalties. After scoring the equaliser on the 96th minute. So it’s us, Leicester, Chelsea & Spurs left.

Scanny

Spurs just knocked City out of the cup on penalties. After scoring the equaliser on the 96th minute. So it’s us, Leicester, Chelsea & Spurs left.
excellent. Let’s hope we avoid Chelsea next round and make it to the final again.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Message the official MU Women Supporters Club, they will know which bit is the Away end

https://linktr.ee/muwsc

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike

Yeah for this game the away allocation is in the South stand. If you’re buying tickets on the City website, probably block 212 is your best bet to get close to the away section.

EDIT: I’ve just checked the United website and there’s still some tickets available in block 313 as well. Honestly I think either would be fine and you’ll be close enough to the United fans in either block.

Demon Barber

Yeah for this game the away allocation is in the South stand. If you’re buying tickets on the City website, probably block 212 is your best bet to get close to the away section.

EDIT: I’ve just checked the United website and there’s still some tickets available in block 313 as well. Honestly I think either would be fine and you’ll be close enough to the United fans in either block.
Interesting - pretty sure I read that we had sold our allocation but I trust that you are right. Just went to re-check and I am number 2619 in a queue. I never have a problem booking through other club websites - just United. One day they will maybe get their act together.

martyhem

Thanks everyone. I've grabbed two seats in block 212.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
United v Chelsea
Spurs v Leicester

For Spurs and Leicester it's their first time in the SFs. For United, it's another chance to finally beat Chelsea :D

SF matches will be on the weekend of the 13/14 April. Final is on 12 May.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Us against Chelsea was so obvious. They wouldn’t want a repeat of last year’s final and it’s a great story for either Leicester or Spurs to make the final.

FlexoRodriguez

Now that general admission is sold out for the final (and I don't have the money for a gold or platinum package...) do we need to wait for the club to release their allocation to us? Last year I got giddy and bought them when we drew Brighton, this year the cash is not flowing quite a freely so I held off. My daughter and I have season tickets this year, do we stand a chance of getting tickets?

Demon Barber

Ah well - it's an obvious thing to say, but the likelihood is that we would have to beat them to win it anyway. The semi gives us a better chance.

The club should be all over this and aim to beat Arsenal's record attendance.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Now that general admission is sold out for the final (and I don't have the money for a gold or platinum package...) do we need to wait for the club to release their allocation to us? Last year I got giddy and bought them when we drew Brighton, this year the cash is not flowing quite a freely so I held off. My daughter and I have season tickets this year, do we stand a chance of getting tickets?
Yeah, easily. Last year we were given an allocation of around 8,000 tickets but they gave priority to season ticket holders, and then official members so you’ll have no problems.

Though, for some reason, I don’t think we’ll need to worry about getting tickets for the final this year…

FlexoRodriguez

Yeah, easily. Last year we were given an allocation of around 8,000 tickets but they gave priority to season ticket holders, and then official members so you’ll have no problems.

Though, for some reason, I don’t think we’ll need to worry about getting tickets for the final this year…
Great, cheers. And have a wee bit of optimism, Chelsea haven't really been tearing things up of late, they beat Leicester and Everton easily but have only had 1-0's for a few games - and I don't think we have not scored in any game yet this season.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Killer draw but surely more chance to best them at home than Wembley

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Ah well - it's an obvious thing to say, but the likelihood is that we would have to beat them to win it anyway. The semi gives us a better chance.

The club should be all over this and aim to beat Arsenal's record attendance.
I think it will be too short notice to have it at OT, a full LSV can hopefully push the team on

Lightbringer

All runs come to an end :wenger:

To be fair though, while since of those were awful performances by us, others were tight games and with better luck (or better referees :smirk: ) we could have better numbers.
Yes, we definitely deserved to get a bit more out of those Chelsea games.

We can also hope Chelsea will be fatigued from playing in 4 different competitions at the same time!

This will be the game of the season for United girls and for the United fans, so hopefully we can slay the Chelsea demon at least one :devil:

Demon Barber

Yes, we definitely deserved to get a bit more out of those Chelsea games.

We can also hope Chelsea will be fatigued from playing in 4 different competitions at the same time!

This will be the game of the season for United girls and for the United fans, so hopefully we can slay the Chelsea demon at least one :devil:
Unfortunately they looked pretty good against Arsenal tonight. They are just so difficult to play against.

croadyman

Well, they were expecting Arsenal to be a tough opponent, so they were up for it. We'll have the element of surprise :smirk:
Really admire that optimism,will say it's certainly better than facing them at Wembley

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Batte's original report also says talks with Skinner over a new contract are ongoing... I guess that could easily just be a line to take until the season's over, but then with the longer term leadership up in the air for a further six months, wouldn't be at all surprised if we kicked the can down the road on him with a new two year contract or something.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Batte's original report also says talks with Skinner over a new contract are ongoing... I guess that could easily just be a line to take until the season's over, but then with the longer term leadership up in the air for a further six months, wouldn't be at all surprised if we kicked the can down the road on him with a new two year contract or something.
I'm hoping we don't do that but I can certainly understand the temptation. With Chelsea in the market for a new manager it's not an easy recruitment. A 12 month contract with no big pay off might suit Ineos at this stage I guess.

The BBC takes a vaguer line on the subject - they describe it as "discussions are still taking place regarding the future of manager Marc Skinner, whose contract runs out this summer."

I'm still intrigued to hear from the people who voted to keep him in our mini poll.

croadyman

Prepare to lose more key players then

Demon Barber

Liverpool 0 - 4 City after 55 minutes. Far too easy for them. They still have Kelly and Houghton to bring on.