WSL 23/24 | chat - but mostly United miscellaneous

Lightbringer

It beggars belief that Carli Lloyd would even consider replying to someone called CumGuzzler!
She blocked someone else on twitter that asked why she was in the TV studio discussing a team she co-owns citing it was a conflict of interest.

And then she responded to AlexiCumGuzzler without blocking that account, hilarious :D

Good response on the subject at hand though!

Demon Barber

Good response on the subject at hand though!
Agreed. Out of interest, the time she did lose to a boys' team, was that the year she was at City? And what about the Bayern defeat? (I don't expect you to know, nor do research - it's just on the off chance that you happen to know)

Lightbringer

Just dropping a post about my team in sweden Hammarby winning the league today :-)

United better watch out if we meet in the quali round to next years champions league. We are conquering europe next, we have the fan backing to climb a mountain :devil:

Cup and league glory this season, UCL group stage next in 2024.

Then UCL champions in 2025 ;)

Demon Barber

Just dropping a post about my team in sweden Hammarby winning the league today :-)

United better watch out if we meet in the quali round to next years champions league. We are conquering europe next, we have the fan backing to climb a mountain :devil:

Happy for you.

Lightbringer

Happy for you.
Thank you!

Now, will you inspire Man United fans to sell out Old Trafford for the womens derby? It would be really cool if we could get above 50 000 at least :)

Sidenote: Maybe I should hope United playes Hammarby in the UCL quali? That way I get 1 team in instead of going against Arsenal and Real Madrid and both teams missing out, haha.

Demon Barber

Thank you!

Now, will you inspire Man United fans to sell out Old Trafford for the womens derby? It would be really cool if we could get above 50 000 at least :)

Sidenote: Maybe I should hope United playes Hammarby in the UCL quali? That way I get 1 team in instead of going against Arsenal and Real Madrid and both teams missing out, haha.
Ha! United are winning the WSL, so no qualifiers!

As for the OT City derby, 35000 sold so far I think. Prices are reasonable, so hope to get to 50000. The club could easily do it if their promotions team were remotely competent/interested.

Demon Barber

I thought you might like this from today's Guardian ...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ans-away-game-league-win-moving-the-goalposts

Lightbringer

Where can I find the final standings/table for the highest english womens football divisions from 2000 and forward? Basically I want to browse like the standings from last season where United finished 2nd but from the year 2000 and forward.

Demon Barber

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Completely random but was watching a video of an Emma Hayes press conference today where she mentioned that Sir Alex called her recently after she got the US job and that he calls her from time to time. That made me so so happy for some reason

Lightbringer

controversy.

When I were 5 years old there were no womens football players to have a crush on, so I guess the lad should find comfort in that. At least Kelly is out there ;)

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The FA have been talking about handing over management of the WSL and Championship to a new organisation for a while now. Sounds like the talking may have run into a bit of a bump in the road:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
controversy.

When I were 5 years old there were no womens football players to have a crush on, so I guess the lad should find comfort in that. At least Kelly is out there ;)

Looks like that post has been deleted but I did see it before - the sense of entitlement of expecting players to stop for autographs, selfies, high fives or whatever is getting a bit ridiculous.

I would also suggest he's failed as a father if his United supporting kid is desperate for a high five from a City player!

Lightbringer

Looks like that post has been deleted but I did see it before - the sense of entitlement of expecting players to stop for autographs, selfies, high fives or whatever is getting a bit ridiculous.

I would also suggest he's failed as a father if his United supporting kid is desperate for a high five from a City player!
The post might not have been deleted, the account holder has made his twitter account private so no one that does not follow him can see his tweets. Or he might have deleted the post but since his account is private I cant now for sure.

He got like 2 millions views on it before he took any kind of action, he & HIS took alot of abuse, but womens football took as much. So in the end he might have decided best to delete and go private to silence the storm.

Haha, yes, I dont like United fans having crushes on City players, he can save that for our players :-)

But I assume its a lioness thing, it seems the lionesses are heralded as goddesses regardless which team they are even among United fans. Overall its a hard subject, where do players draw the line, if they first pump that kid do they need to fist pump every kid on the way down. You know Sir Alex would sign and shake random peoples hands on his way down for example.

I dont think its fair though to say, "should she have to fist bump 45 000 people", as defense, as that would be impossible, but reaching out to a kid she passes on the way down would not be a big deal to her. At the same time the players cant have time for everyone. But as even mens teams have been called out its clearly an issue where people have differing opinions.

PS. I dont like City players, I definitely want to blame Chloe just because I despise the club so much :devil:

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm stunned. Really thought she would be there for another decade or more. Will be so hard to replace.

Will be almost impossible to replace. I’m not too clued on the coaches in women’s football to know who I’d want or who would be a good fit. I’ve seen some names suggested by other Chelsea fans but I know little to nothing about them.

Lightbringer

BK Häcken leading Real Madrid 2-1 at home after 80 minutes, I guess I maybe was a bit harsh saying Häcken got their place in the UCL for free after beating Paris FC and now soon Real Madrid :D

Sorry thought this was the champions league thread.

Last edited:

Lightbringer

I have to say that the time wasting is really creeping into to the womens game, its too late to stop that. Needs to be adressed in both womens and mens football, its a an absolute farce to watch!

Demon Barber

Something completely different:

And yes, they did do a coaching session:
Really good to see. The amount of work that the players/club do with the Foundation and local schools often gets overlooked.

I'd like to see Phallon again in the cup where hopefully she will get a bit more to do than she did v Everton.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff

Demon Barber

United v Chelsea is now being played at OT (Final game of the season, 18 May 2024) and the Everton game in March has been switched from OT to LSV.

Tickets for the Chelsea game were being advertised at £9 if bought in Jan, but I see no mention of that now on the website. Strange.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
United v Chelsea is now being played at OT (Final game of the season, 18 May 2024) and the Everton game in March has been switched from OT to LSV.

Tickets for the Chelsea game were being advertised at £9 if bought in Jan, but I see no mention of that now on the website. Strange.
They are for sale at £9 still - I'd have preferred Everton which is close to a guaranteed win over the likely loss to Chelsea !

Demon Barber

They are for sale at £9 still - I'd have preferred Everton which is close to a guaranteed win over the likely loss to Chelsea !
Have more faith! It will be Emma Hayes' final game after 12 years. We will win 4-0.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Commentary team are expecting the whole United team to be switched out at halftime for the other half of the squad. First half was a mix of regular starters and backups so a different mix in the second half. I think PSV are doing the same.

I only realised it was on about twenty minutes in so I saw United mostly on top (and scoring the equaliser). Overall though, according to the commentators, it's been pretty evenly balanced so far.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Not watching but that was the line up - couple of unfamiliar names for me in Deering & Davies

Good to see Irene back

Demon Barber

Commentary team are expecting the whole United team to be switched out at halftime for the other half of the squad. First half was a mix of regular starters and backups so a different mix in the second half. I think PSV are doing the same.

I only realised it was on about twenty minutes in so I saw United mostly on top (and scoring the equaliser). Overall though, according to the commentators, it's been pretty evenly balanced so far.
I was tempted to start a matchday thread but knew you wouldn't let us down.

Obviously I want us to win, but it good preparation for the second half of the season, whatever the result.

Good to see Irene back.