WSL 23/24 | United v Chelsea at OT - 3pm Sat 18 May

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You kind of saw that when both the players and the club kept on banging about it until yesterday. You just knew we’d not be ready for today. Especially against such an opposition.

I would’ve started a lot of the players who haven’t played much. But I knew Skinner wouldn’t do that as he’d be accused of throwing the game.

This really is pathetic. Wonder how much it’d cost to rip the fresh contract.
Maybe it is a reaction to Skinner getting his contract.

RORY65

City fans seem to be taking it well:
It's flattering that they think this is deliberate rather than a reflection of the quality of this manager and a good chunk of the players (plus I'm sure celebrating all week has just exacerbated things).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Beever-Jones is such an unbelievable player to have coming off the bench.

Skills

Snitch
The players have downed tools. Thrown the manager under the bus here. Need a proper clear out.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
The players have downed tools. Thrown the manager under the bus here. Need a proper clear out.
I don’t think they have. A big mistake to start so many who played on Sunday. They’re still celebrating at Wembley in their heads.

Scanny

If this gets to 6 I’m leaving.
I’d rather see my auld mam for a bit before heading back to London than this.

Ahmer Baig

You kind of saw that when both the players and the club kept on banging about it until yesterday. You just knew we’d not be ready for today. Especially against such an opposition.

I would’ve started a lot of the players who haven’t played much. But I knew Skinner wouldn’t do that as he’d be accused of throwing the game.

Like men's game, do you think FA cup final should take place once the league is over?

black country red

Looks like the moral of this story don’t give an average manager a contract extension just because he wins the cup

top1whoisman

Scout
Looks like the moral of this story don’t give an average manager a contract extension just because he wins the cup
The word is the contract was sorted before the final. Which makes sense, they don’t go through such a process in a few days.

top1whoisman

Scout
Will be interesting to hear Skinner’s comments after this, that’s if I’m arsed enough to listen. He will take 0% responsibility for the performance.

top1whoisman

Scout
True. It's all down to manager making sure they are back on training.
They had a couple of days off in London. Which I can understand if the team is mature and professional enough to be at 100% after that.

Not only down to the manager. The players are also responsible for this showing.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town

Yes, I would have done the same, freshen things up a bit.

ken11

Dang, I was hoping United would pull a goal or two back in the 2nd, and shutting down Chelsea. 6-0 at OT is a bit oof.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
As depressing as the game is, it is actually nice to see her go out like that.
Yeah it was the icing on the cake. I’m trying my best to not rub it in. I’m just absolutely buzzing for Hayes, Kirby and Mjelde. It’s the perfect send off for them. It’s a new era for the team next season.

Scanny

Congrats to Chelsea. And Cheaty won nothing this season. That’s something to be happy about.

Last edited:

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's beyond stupid.
It's just shitty and unfair. He's blaming someone for not adapting then not giving her chances to actually adapt. Even in games that are over.

FlexoRodriguez

Earps stood apart from the rest of the team on the fa cup pitch walk, was waving to all fans…don’t know what to read into that, but gut feeling is that was a goodbye

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Anyone get the feeling that Erik popped into the dressing room before kick off to give them a tactics briefing?

top1whoisman

Scout
Do you think we need a new no. 1, or is Tullis-Joyce good enough to become the new first choice?
Who the feck knows, she’s only played in the league cup :lol:

But yeah I think that’s the plan and based on the little I’ve seen she looks good. The most expensive female goalkeeper in the world.