WSL Cup 23/24 | City 2-1 United - FA ruling on Villa means United go out "United disappointed by the rationale"

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Last match of our WSL Cup group.

We currently top the group with maximum points from our first three games. City need to win if they're going to top the group and only the top team automatically qualifies for the QF.

The best two runners-up amongst the five groups also qualify - so we may go through even if we lose, but could miss out if we lose and Spurs and Sunderland win their remaining matches.

Anyway - losing to City is a bad thing from any angle :smirk:

I'm not linking to Marc Skinner's pre-match stuff because I'm fed up of listening to him (and so are a chunk of the team based on some of the footage from Sunday afternoon)

The match is at City's mini-stadium but they have given a ticket allocation to United fans so hopefully it will have a bit of a cup match feel.

Lightbringer

I'm not linking to Marc Skinner's pre-match stuff because I'm fed up of listening to him (and so are a chunk of the team based on some of the footage from Sunday afternoon)

Skinner:

"I think it’s about knowing who and when. I am going to try and use all the squad and still get the job done. That’s the important part, it’s not just about putting a team out. It’s about winning the game with the players we put on the field.”

No shit Marc :devil:

Demon Barber

Skinner:

"I think it’s about knowing who and when. I am going to try and use all the squad and still get the job done. That’s the important part, it’s not just about putting a team out. It’s about winning the game with the players we put on the field.”

No shit Marc :devil:
I'm inspired. Almost Churchillian.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I missed this, is that post match or when exactly ?

Demon Barber

United only got 398 tickets for this and unsurprisingly they have sold out. Tickets are still available from City, priced £7.00

The match is live on MUTV (UK & Ireland only) but is also live on the FA Player globally.

398 is a ridiculously low allocation in a 7000 seater Stadium. It's hardly a question of safety. For men's cup games it is a minimum of 10% I think.

Last edited:

Lightbringer

Does Skinner have a job tomorrow if United lose 3-0 and fail to advance from the group stages?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Quite a few changes which I was not expecting seeing as it's City - I guess you could argue they are fresher but still

Lightbringer

Quite a few changes which I was not expecting seeing as it's City - I guess you could argue they are fresher but still
Most interesting is Zelem keeping her 100% minutes played!!! But I kind of like it, many players deserve a wake up call! But considering its the cup tonight maybe they think its just the ordinary rest!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Most interesting is Zelem keeping her 100% minutes played!!! But I kind of like it, many players deserve a wake up call! But considering its the cup tonight maybe they think its just the ordinary rest!
City are basically full strength

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
FA Player commentary is basically amateur hour, at least it's free!

Lightbringer

Where she suddenly recovered and scored...

One of my favourite players before she joined City.
I dont know where she was before that, but any player that puts on the City shirt and is diving and embellishing I instantly will despise!

Lightbringer

Why was Irene carded? You can just shoot the ball at any player now and get them carded?

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Has to be said, Gemma Evans has been all over the place in this game against Kelly.

Lightbringer

Currently (I think) United will go through as a best runner-up as Sunderland are currently losing to Villa. Or something like that...
We need to eliminate City FFS! Does it matter it we lose 2-0 or 3-0 atm?

Lightbringer

City have been finding it too easy to get into the box all evening, goal was coming

Disappointing shot from Parris after good work from Garcia.
are we through if Sunderland loses today? Sunderland-Aston Villa 0-3 half time. Or are there anymore teams that can threaten?

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Christ... Toone joins the party in missing easy chances. Less than a minute later Evans is beat by a simple pass and Hemp has a tap in to make it 2-0

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Can't comprehend why Skinner sent out a rotation team Vs full strength City

We are struggling now