X Factor US 2011

Cali Red

Has the show been cancelled yet? I thought it got huge first week ratings but is dying now. Can't be bothered to watch. I can't stand "reality" tv.

mjs020294

Melanie has this sown up already, I reckon.
She has a solid voice but she has hardly been standout IMO. I am not even 100% sure she'll make the cut tonight. Going from eight to four in each category is brutal. So many very talented people will go home tonight.

Drew is an amazing talent for 14 years old.

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
She has a solid voice but she has hardly been standout IMO. I am not even 100% sure she'll make the cut tonight. Going from eight to four in each category is brutal. So many very talented people will go home tonight.

Drew is an amazing talent for 14 years old.
Don't get me wrong, much prefer Drew to Melanie. Melanie just strikes me as the kind of singer the americans will lap up.

mjs020294

Not sure what the format is with the live shows BUT if the public get to vote neither have a cat in hells chance. These type of shows tend to draw audiences that don't get that sort of music.

EricaNo7

Not sure what the format is with the live shows BUT if the public get to vote neither have a cat in hells chance. These type of shows tend to draw audiences that don't get that sort of music.
i think Chris in particular will have some sort of career regardless.

you're right about the voters though, i still can't fathom how Adam Lambert didn't win or how that grey haired chap won that time

Ceks

Prefers em hot, and spicy
“We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but
Hi Erica,

I am also really disappointed with the standard on this years UK show!! I don't think i can bring myself to watch it tomorrow, the last two live shows have been that bad!

I've watched all of the US version and the standard is so so much higher and the contestants are generally a lot more likeable! Anyone of them at judges houses would walk straight into the UK final.

I like that Chris Rene, but the best voice comes from that slightly bigger girl in Simon's group, can't remember her name.

Heardy

Not seen any of the US X Factor, but that is an incredible first audition. For an original piece of music too, you've got to give the guy credit.

I'd buy that song if it's available on iTunes.

The buzz he must have got after that performance must be better than any high he's had before. Be hard for someone like that to stay clean if he hits the highlife.

EricaNo7

Hi Erica,

I am also really disappointed with the standard on this years UK show!! I don't think i can bring myself to watch it tomorrow, the last two live shows have been that bad!

I've watched all of the US version and the standard is so so much higher and the contestants are generally a lot more likeable! Anyone of them at judges houses would walk straight into the UK final.

I like that Chris Rene, but the best voice comes from that slightly bigger girl in Simon's group, can't remember her name.
My thoughts exactly

mjs020294

How Melanie didn't go through initially ahead of those two "pretty" girls is a testament to Simon's twattishness.
Which two pretty girls? Simone is smoking hot but none of the others are. If he was going on looks the rugby player would still be in it.

Its all fabricated BS anyway. He knew Melanie was going through, it was done that way for effect.

:drool:

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
Which two pretty girls? Simone is smoking hot but none of the others are. If he was going on looks the rugby player would still be in it.

Its all fabricated BS anyway. He knew Melanie was going through, it was done that way for effect.
Well no, hence the quotation marks, but I meant Simone and the one with big lips/fringe. The rugby player was beautiful but Simon has a thing for the more "exotic" looking ladies, shall we say.

And yeah, of course, it's for effect but to put the girl through that when she was obviously the best in the group by a country mile was just so transparent.

EricaNo7

Well no, hence the quotation marks, but I meant Simone and the one with big lips/fringe. The rugby player was beautiful but Simon has a thing for the more "exotic" looking ladies, shall we say.

And yeah, of course, it's for effect but to put the girl through that when she was obviously the best in the group by a country mile was just so transparent.
I don't like the one with the lips and big teeth

mjs020294

Drew is the by far the best in the girls. She has far more creative ability and talent than Melanie. The problem with Melanie is she is a great singer with the right song but as an artist she is blah. There are girls like her in every high school in American, good voice and huge lungs.

Drew's voice and creativity is crazy good for a singer of any age, let alone 14.

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
Drew is the by far the best in the girls. She has far more creative ability and talent than Melanie. The problem with Melanie is she is a great singer with the right song but as an artist she is blah. There are girls like her in every high school in American, good voice and huge lungs.

Drew's voice and creativity is crazy good for a singer of any age, let alone 14.
Ah shit, forgot about Drew.

Ok, so she was the better than the other three that got through ahead of her.

mjs020294

Ah shit, forgot about Drew.

Ok, so she was the better than the other three that got through ahead of her.
We are in agreement.

Drew interpretation of the Justin Bieber's song in her initial audition was brilliant. And her last performance was just haunting. The tone of her voice and the way she arranges the songs is just so unique....and she is 14 :eek:

mjs020294

I can't believe a 14 year old could delivered that song with so much passion. I don't have too much music from female vocalists on my iPod but I could definitely imagine myself buying her stuff has she develops.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
We are in agreement.

Drew interpretation of the Justin Bieber's song in her initial audition was brilliant. And her last performance was just haunting. The tone of her voice and the way she arranges the songs is just so unique....and she is 14 :eek:

Sounds a bit shrill and they've stuck a load of reverb on it.

mjs020294

Sounds a bit shrill and they've stuck a load of reverb on it.
Just a crap youtube video and useless PC speakers. On my TV's surround sounds she sounded pretty spectacular, and Simon pretty much agreed when he told her she was the bets in the competition.

mjs020294

Even that girl group they threw together have great potential.

mjs020294

OMG that all girl group are bloody nice eye candy. Best looking girl group ever, and they are OK at singing as well.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
This programme is ridiculous, it is the strongest grouping of acts to appear in such a series eitherside of the Atlantic - maybe one or two of our X Factor acts would get into the American top ten.

I still think the Stereo Hogzz are the surest of the lot to go global.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think singing is a bit overrated. You watch a show like X-Factor or American Idol and there's just such a huge difference in being a good singer or a good song writer. The latter is a much better talent to have.
A good singer isn't really a special talent. That's why you can just about throw anyone who's got songs written for them into the spotlight as long as they are good looking.

Unless the woman has got a voice like Adele or Beyonce I don't think it deserves my attention really. It's just been done to death so much.
Fleet Foxes, Slayer, Jay Z, Beyonce, Pink Floyd. That's talent.

If it were football we'd be calling them rubbish and they might be playing League 2 football.