Film Dark Phoenix (2019)

InfiniteBoredom

Dark Phoenix is really hard as a concept to translate to screen, X3 suffered partly from that.

Don’t have high hope but gonna watch regardless, also good guy Mystique by JLaw is getting a bit boring.

Sylar

Hoping it is as far away from x3 similarities as possible

But it does have x3 vibes to it

Andersons Dietician

Look intriguing, from the trailer looks like they’ve downplayed the story a bit. I suppose it would be ridiculously hard to do the whole thing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Curious on what the "whole thing" is about now!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I cant watch the trailer - whats the background to dark phoenix?
Super powerful cosmic entity that latches itself to Jean, something along those lines. It's a pretty confusing story in the comics.

Just from the trailer it looks like the cast look a lot more interested than in Apocalypse, probably has something to do with Kinberg directing this one.

GloryHunter07

Super powerful cosmic entity that latches itself to Jean, something along those lines. It's a pretty confusing story in the comics.

Just from the trailer it looks like the cast look a lot more interested than in Apocalypse, probably has something to do with Kinberg directing this one.
Thanks!

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
That looked weird. A lot of talking, a lot of shots of faces to show fans how many stars are in it.

I thought Jennifer Lawrence hated this role and was done with XMen, why is she in it again?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That looked weird. A lot of talking, a lot of shots of faces to show fans how many stars are in it.

I thought Jennifer Lawrence hated this role and was done with XMen, why is she in it again?
Think she had a few issues with Singer, actually I think she even talked Kinberg into directing the movie, although I might be mistaken on that part.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles

Her last movie I think, she could be the one who dies.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Curious on what the "whole thing" is about now!
Space battles, massively powerful characters from other planets, so on so on. Would probably take a few movies to tell it all, it’s one of the best X-men stories as well been like 15-20years since I saw it last tho.

SSSSnake

I use to watch the cartoon's on Cartoon Network back in the day. They ran this story pretty well but i'm pretty sure Aliens got involved at some point.

starman

Looks very meh.

Sophie Turner should never have been given the role, she's simply a very average actress. Her American accent is really bad. She was terrible in x men apocalypse

I do like Game of Thrones and has some great actors in it, but has also spawned some very mediocre actors who seem to be getting big roles. Sophie Turner, Finn Jones (Iron fist). Maisie williams & Emilia Clarke am on the fence about

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I have an irrational hate for Sansa Stark and as she's the main character in this, I'm not interested. I'll probably end up watching it but not excited one bit.

Seeing Magneto doing the same shit over and over with his moral flip flops is also getting old.

Andy_Cole

I have an irrational hate for Sansa Stark and as she's the main character in this, I'm not interested. I'll probably end up watching it but not excited one bit.

Seeing Magneto doing the same shit over and over with his moral flip flops is also getting old.
Yeh magneto needs to just be bad now. As does mistique. I have no idea why why they’ve not nurtured the two of them to be the big bad for this movie with the brotherhood.

Andersons Dietician

Hang on im still confused :lol:

Someone help ❤
Basically it sucked and should never have occurred so this new batch had a time travelling movie where they changed the timeline so that will never happen or something. So basically you’ve to just write off that movie like it never existed. As in this timeline they haven’t even reached that point but yet the Phoenix is showing earlier than what it did with Jansen when she played Jean grey.

Basically it sucked and should never have occurred so this new batch had a time travelling movie where they changed the timeline so that will never happen or something. So basically you’ve to just write off that movie like it never existed. As in this timeline they haven’t even reached that point but yet the Phoenix is showing earlier than what it did with Jansen when she played Jean grey.
Yeah I didn't really see the point of DOFP - did that happen in the cartoon? I don't remember it

Andersons Dietician

Yeah I didn't really see the point of DOFP - did that happen in the cartoon? I don't remember it
There were time travelling shenanigans in the cartoon but I think they mostly involved Cable (deadpool2) but nah I think DOFP was to correct those films for some reason and also away to get some of the original cast back.

I haven’t seen the cartoons for about 15-20 years so I’m not 100% sure, like I can’t even remember how they kicked off their Dark Phoenix stuff. I have fragments of memories from it like I can picture one scene perfectly but have no idea what it was about which is frustrating.

vangagal

Seeing X-Men without Wolverine is something wrong for me.
From the trailer what i can see is Sophie Turner acting not even improve one bit. Its looks unconvincing as you can get. The worst part of that trailer is its the same scenes from The Last Stand except Mystique and Magneto still on flip flop side.

JoaquinJoaquin

The fact they dropped the trailer and then immediately delayed it by 3-4 months says to me that it will be awful.

Sylar

Yeah its never a good sign.

DOFP was good / fun. So was first class. Apocalypse had potential and strangely I liked the villain (except he had a power which he used once and then never used again). And then it went to shit lol.

X1andX2 were great as well. So basically the third one of both are shit. Whereas with Wolverine ones, Logan was the third one and the best.
And for DP both of the two theyve showed so far have been great.

I think this was meant to be the last one before Disney take over, right?

Traub

This looks like shit. I can't wait for X-Men to join the MCU.

bucky

Moving it to that date is actually a good sign. There are more and more successful movies coming out early in the year, but the summer is still the place where studios hope to make the most money. They wouldn't have moved it there, if they weren't confident in it. January and February are still used to dump certain movies, if the studio isn't confident in it.

New Mutants is coming out later on. That should be their last one, I think. Or Gambit. Not sure.

Also, the first X-Men movies have aged horribly, just like the Sam Raimi Spider-man movies.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Kinda interesting and sort of telling they show so little of Sophie Turner in the trailer. She s fine on GoT but should have never been cast for the Jean Grey role.

Norris

Looked so ordinary. Everyone has a problem with the casting of Sophie Turner as Jean Grey (An Iconic character at least for me) and I am not different.