Xabi Alonso: Bayer Leverkusen manager - Bundesliga Dinner Plate Winner

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I know he's a scouse wanker but we need to be all over him. He's the real deal.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You need to be signing the next Spanish CDM manager, not waiting until Pep or Xabi Alonso have already made their move...

ShinjiNinja26

I’d have no issue with us going for him. Sure he played for the scouse but it’s not like he’s a Liverpool legend or anything and he looks to be a quality manager. Can you imagine the fume if a former Liverpool player was the one to finally get us that elusive 21st league title?? Would be worth it for that alone. :lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
This is no acceptable way to talk about Bayern legend and future manager Xavi 'sexy beast' Alonso

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Isn't it also the case that several of these Spanish managers like emery and the Bournemouth manager all come from the same tiny town in Spain? They have a list on a recent talk of the devils podcast.

Lopetugui and Arteta were the other two

GuyfromAustria

Isn't it also the case that several of these Spanish managers like emery and the Bournemouth manager all come from the same tiny town in Spain? They have a list on a recent talk of the devils podcast.

Blackwidow

Arteta and Xabi Alonso grew up together.

All Basque...

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Not the same town but all 4 are from the same province, Guipuzcoa (San Sebastian is the capital), which is actually quite small

saflegend

I’m sure Bayern and Madrid are all over him already. There’s no chance for us

Cloud7

Not that it might count for anything, since he's always been a very intelligent player, but he has played under Pep, Mourinho, Ancellotti and Rafa. All four of those are definitely managers he could have learned a lot from.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I know he's dutch but we need to be all over him. He's the real deal.

Said someone about Ten Hag at some point before we got him.
Are you saying 'scouse wanker' is the equivalent of 'Dutch'? That seems slightly harsh on the Dutch.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Leverkusen are very impressive so far, problem is they need to keep this level up for 2nd half of the season, otherwise Bayern will win the League again.

GMoore23

Busby was the Liverpool captain and probably would've ended up a club legend had the war not broken out.

I couldn't give a feck if Alonso played for Pool. He was a great player and if he's a great manager, I'd take him.
He was never a cnut like Slippy G or Carragher.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Not that it might count for anything, since he's always been a very intelligent player, but he has played under Pep, Mourinho, Ancellotti and Rafa. All four of those are definitely managers he could have learned a lot from.
Add to the list Luis Aragones, Vicente Del Bosque and Rainald Denoueix.. Real Sociedad in season 2002-2003 were fantastic team, leaded by Alonso, Nihat and Kovacevic..they lost the league title to Real but were so close..

Lux Thunder

Yeah, I remember an article I read shortly after Xabi ended his playing career and took over Real Castilla suggesting that he would be the new coaching hit in Europe one day for the very reasons you have stated.