Xabi Alonso: Bayer Leverkusen INVINCIBLES double-winning manager

BorisManUtd

Such an anti-climax to Bayern Leverkusen's incredible season. I knew their unbeaten run would end at some point but I was hoping they would go the whole season undefeated. At least they went unbeaten in the Bundesliga, a feat that even Bayern Munich has not achieved. Just wondering if they had drawn with Atlanta and they lost on penalties, would this still count as unbeaten for them?
I think it would. Losing/winning on penalties counts as a draw I believe.

JogaBonitoRooney

Such an anti-climax to Bayern Leverkusen's incredible season. I knew their unbeaten run would end at some point but I was hoping they would go the whole season undefeated. At least they went unbeaten in the Bundesliga, a feat that even Bayern Munich has not achieved. Just wondering if they had drawn with Atlanta and they lost on penalties, would this still count as unbeaten for them?
They weren't even close to getting Atlanta to penalties so no point wondering about such a "what if".

BorisManUtd

But technically they lost the match so not sure if this counts towards the unbeaten record, no?
Not sure but I think it's still a draw as I heard some commentator talking about City's current unbeaten streak counting their game vs Madrid a part of it as well as it was 1-1 after 120 minutes.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
But technically they lost the match so not sure if this counts towards the unbeaten record, no?
Argentina narrowly missed out on bringing home the 1990 World Cup despite only winning two games. Penalties decide a tie but don't count as wins/losses.

MrWilliams

That EL final loss is gonna sting even more now that they’ve secured the double.

Amazing season

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
That EL final loss is gonna sting even more now that they’ve secured the double.

Amazing season
Yeah, its been an incredible season for them, but the way they got rolled over by Atalanta just doesn't feel right.

Todd

Will be interesting to see how much of their squad gets plundered over the next couple seasons.

Wirtz has De Bruyne replacement for City written all over him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Will be interesting to see how much of their squad gets plundered over the next couple seasons.

I don't think many players will leave this season. Frimpong (whose replacements are already there) is the only starter who I expect to go. The Garcia rumour smells as if Palacios could be in for a surprise move as well.

2025 will be very hard, though. Alonso will leave and many players will se that as an exit signal. The good thing is that Xhaka will likely end his career here and we can build a team around him. Really, really hope we sign either Brajan Gruda or Desire Doue this summer to be prepared for the eventual Wirtz departure.

Hammondo

Wouldn't foden want that position?

Paula

Supports
Bayern
Just read that Alonso and Wirtz have a potential deal with Real Madrid end of next season.