Xavi (Spanish Lego Pep) | Barca manager - and will be next season

Pintu

Xavi whining about a phantom goal in the Classico. Laporta not ruling out legal action and demanding a replay :lol:

The one pic I’ve seen it doesn’t look a goal.
they should demand to be given the win… even if it’s replayed they are not going to get Madrid in this situation again: so fatigued by the 120 mn game in Manchester three days earlier.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don’t see how that would matter as much as playing half an hour more, 24 hours later against Pep’s roboarmy.
All a moot point. Madrid won and Barsa lost and whines away and we won’t get another game this season.
Meh who gives a shit aside from Madrid and Barca fans.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Not necessarily… as has been demonstrated many times, and Xavi himself knows about it. He played for a Pep’s Barça (possibly the best ever) and went out to Mourinho’s Inter playing with 10 men at the Campnou… Same against Chelsea two years later (albeit with tremendous luck).

Two days after Barcelona’s fiasco, Roma went down to 10 men against a Milan side that’s 15 points ahead of them in the league and they kept it together, defended their lead… I’m not convinced that this Paris is that much superior to Barcelona. They are in a transition season, the first one with Enrique and having changed many important players…
It hasn't been demonstrated many times. The vast majority of teams that go down one man, lose. Mourinho is praised (deservedly) for that performance in Camp Nou... They lost that actual game 1-0. And that was an extraordinary defensive performance.

Is this week pedantic week?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They conceded the exact same goal in the span of 4 days in the two most important games of their season

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Probably need Xavi to keep the fans onside as they fire sale half the squad this summer... Can't imagine why Xavi would want to be the bag man for all the mismanagement though.

My guess is after Laporta bankrupts them Pep probably goes back and rebuilds them entirely from the academy pretty much.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Great, another season to further humiliate him! :lol:

In all seriousness he's got to improve in a lot of aspects but they could do a lot worse than him so I guess is a sensible decision by the club and him.

RoyH1

Probably need Xavi to keep the fans onside as they fire sale half the squad this summer... Can't imagine why Xavi would want to be the bag man for all the mismanagement though.

My guess is after Laporta bankrupts them Pep probably goes back and rebuilds them entirely from the academy pretty much.
I think Pep only goes back to be Barsa president or CEO if they’ve gone into private ownership.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
If he has said he is leaving, why rectify it? And he does it after losing all the titles and with a future at the expense of what the president, Mr. Mendes, decides.
On the part of the club also bad. Even if there are no coaches (there are) keeping him on shows a lot of conformism

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Dislike him immensely on a personal level but yeah, him staying is the best case scenario for them. Was really hoping he wouldn't change his mind, the silly weathervane. Could have used the free time to focus on his one true passion, gardening. Alas....

Real Name

So after he spent weeks convincing everybody he wont change his mind and he's definitely leaving he decided he's staying... :lol:

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
It's very funny that this is all announced after a CL elimination and Clasico defeat that wraps up the league.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Same Pep whose clubs pretty much outspends everyone else in the league?

:lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is it in his interest to stay though? Barcelona seem to be very poorly run and competing with Madrid in the short term given their finances and stupidity in the transfer market seems like a lot to overcome. I know he won the league in his first season but I’m not sure the clubs prospects are going to aid his development and reputation.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I don't think he's that bad. But man it's hard to feel hyped for next season now. No new manager and probably no new signings

justsomebloke

Great news. That's one less competitor to worry about if we go out and recruit a new manager this summer.