Gaming Xbox One | No PS4 comparisons

Do you agree with Alock1's statement that Uncharted is as much of a shooter as Halo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ciderman9000000

I pre-ordered my console on Thursday and will likely get Forza 5 to go along with the bundled Fifa 14. I don't want to be stuck with just a football and a racing game though so hopefully I'll be able to afford another.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I will get one eventually. I have preordered Ps4 though.

But now I am starting to think the xbox exclusives look a little better. Especially Titanfall

Cina

Titanfall looks excellent but there doesn't seem to be much difference between the XB1 and XB360 versions, it's not the game that would make me go out and buy an XB1 on launch.

EDIT: Actually it's PC too, excellent. Not much of an "exclusive".

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Is Titanfall available on launch?
Dont think so

Titanfall looks excellent but there doesn't seem to be much difference between the XB1 and XB360 versions, it's not the game that would make me go out and buy an XB1 on launch.

EDIT: Actually it's PC too, excellent. Not much of an "exclusive".
Not many have a PC capable of running that. So it would be exclusive for many

Cina

Dont think so

Not many have a PC capable of running that. So it would be exclusive for many
If the X360 can run it then most decent gaming rigs definitely can.

It's an exclusive for people buying an XB1 who don't already have a X360 or €500+ PC. i.e. not many people.

Castia

This will be my console of choice, I'm just not sure when to get it. Ideally on launch day but with FM14 and BF4/CoD on pc I might be quite busy. I'll probably pre order at weekend and just use it casually for Fifa at first.

Cina

Yeah, it's not like they're labeling it as one or anything.

ciderman9000000

This will be my console of choice, I'm just not sure when to get it. Ideally on launch day but with FM14 and BF4/CoD on pc I might be quite busy. I'll probably pre order at weekend and just use it casually for Fifa at first.
You only get Fifa 14 for free on pre-ordered consoles so if you want that game you may as well get it at launch (if you have the money, like).

Yeah, it's not like they're labeling it as one or anything.
Yeah. It really doesn't matter.

ciderman9000000

I think I'll go for either Battlefield 4 or Watch Dogs along with Forza.

I can't make my mind up whether Watch Dogs looks great or a bit rubbish.

Cina

The game-play footage makes it look great but I can't help but think it's just Assassins Creed in a modern setting with some fancy gadgetry thrown in. It's going to have to be excellent seeing as it's out two months after GTAV.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Rubbish.

Anyway, as always, Forza is the only thing I'm interested in now. Let's hope they've actually done what they said they'd done in 4 and give us full steering control back.
Really? Most people own lap tops or tablets now. Not many buy PC's for home with up to date graphics cards.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Really? Most people own lap tops or tablets now. Not many buy PC's for home with up to date graphics cards.
For a start, you don't need a cutting edge computer to match up to the one. That's besides the point, I know loads of people that can and will run Titanfall.

But it's not really applicable to this thread. Let's keep to XBone talk.

Cina

I think people underestimate how popular PC gaming still is, steam for example, is absolutely enormous now.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

It's an exclusive for people buying an XB1 who don't already have a X360 or €500+ PC. i.e. not many people.
To be fair, the Respawn studio isn't even working on the 360 version - somebody else is with input from somebody at Respawn.

I think Xbox One/PC is the place to be for Titanfall.

ciderman9000000

Would you Dad be willing to let you use his details for your Xbox Live account? Sky don't stop this with any other devices, so I can't see them taking issue with it on Xbox specifically.
Ok, but your dad is consenting right? Register under your dads address...
Yeah my dad's obviously given me permission to use his account.

I wouldn't want to sign up to Xbox Live under my dad's name because then that Xbox Live account would potentially not work with my other accounts, Netflix etc.

What's the solution?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
You can't have two accounts on one console unless you pay Gold twice right?

Maybe Sky won't even care. If they will then you'll probably have to sacrifice one or another.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Mine is pre-ordered as well. Liked the way your online progress will follow over from the 360, and as my xbox HDD is giving corrupt messages to the likes of GTAV, it was the right time instead of just getting a replacement 360.

I was hoping for watchdogs, but not sure what game to go with on release. One is defo Fifa 14 anyway.

ciderman9000000

Maybe Sky won't even care. If they will then you'll probably have to sacrifice one or another.
You can have a Family Gold account which allows up to four on one console for one price, but I'm not even sure that would work since the XBO signs you in using skeletal recognition. I could kill my dad and use his skeleton whenever I wanted to log into Sky, but that wouldn't be entirely practical since I'm not sure voice commands would then work optimally as the XBO detects the speaker and matches it to the appropriate skeleton. I'd have to set his skull and jaw on some kind of pulley system and insert a speaker into his oral cavity, using a microphone to then send voice commands from him whilst hiding my own mouth from the camera using my hand.

How does the same system handle twins or triplets btw?

The way I see it one of three things will occur:

• I'll still be able to log in just as before and the new terms & conditions won't change anything.
  • I'll be able to log in only after my dad has added me as an authorised user of his Sky account.
  • I won't be able to log in at all as Sky won't simply allow it once the discrepancies between my Xbox Live account details and the Sky account detail I'm using are collated.

ciderman9000000

Mine is pre-ordered as well. Liked the way your online progress will follow over from the 360, and as my xbox HDD is giving corrupt messages to the likes of GTAV, it was the right time instead of just getting a replacement 360.

I was hoping for watchdogs, but not sure what game to go with on release. One is defo Fifa 14 anyway.
What games are you getting, MrA?

I've pre-ordered BF4 along with Forza 5 and the free copy of Fifa 14.

Are you getting a second controller?

Alock1

What Xbox 360 footage have you seen? The Xbox 360 version has been shipped to a different developer, so I'm not sure it's going to be nearly as good as Xbox One. Plus, Xbox One version will have dedicated servers.

Xbox One will be considered as the 'live account' ie. you only need one subscription for the console, and then all accounts made will be Xbox Live Gold.

I wouldn't want to sign up to Xbox Live under my dad's name because then that Xbox Live account would potentially not work with my other accounts, Netflix etc.

What's the solution?
I don't believe that Sky will make a deal of this because Xbox is the only device they would be able to control this on.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
What games are you getting, MrA?

I've pre-ordered BF4 along with Forza 5 and the free copy of Fifa 14.

Are you getting a second controller?

Just Fifa so far. Not decided on what other game I'll get. I know the manager in Gamestop so he will swap out games and stuff for me on release.

I play a bit of everything really. Battlefield, gtav, fifa, a small bit of CoD, Forza. Have them all. I just go through patches of playing one game, then reverting to another. I've seen a few mention Titanfall, first I've heard of it.

ciderman9000000

Xbox One will be considered as the 'live account' ie. you only need one subscription for the console, and then all accounts made will be Xbox Live Gold.
I wasn't aware of this.

So the Family Gold account is only useful for households with multiple consoles then?

I'll be able to have just one Xbox Live account in my name and both my girlfriend and I would then be able to have separate Live accounts on the one console?

Is this a change from the system on the 360 or have I just been under the wrong impression of how it all works?

ciderman9000000

Just Fifa so far. Not decided on what other game I'll get. I know the manager in Gamestop so he will swap out games and stuff for me on release.

I play a bit of everything really. Battlefield, gtav, fifa, a small bit of CoD, Forza. Have them all. I just go through patches of playing one game, then reverting to another. I've seen a few mention Titanfall, first I've heard of it.
You know Fifa is a digital download and cannot be swapped, right?

Alock1

I wasn't aware of this.

So the Family Gold account is only useful for households with multiple consoles then?

I'll be able to have just one Xbox Live account in my name and both my girlfriend and I would then be able to have separate Live accounts on the one console?

Is this a change from the system on the 360 or have I just been under the wrong impression of how it all works?
Change of system for the new console.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/09/xbox-one-home-gold/

The Xbox One game console will enable all users of a single console to enjoy the benefits of a single users' Xbox Live Gold account, Microsoft announced this afternoon. This initiative, called "Home Gold," includes online multiplayer, various streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, NFL), Game DVR and the One Guide -- services that are specifically enabled through Xbox Live Gold membership ($60 a year). That also includes digital games that any user of a single Xbox One purchased as well, a variant of functionality that Microsoft previously promised with Xbox One and subsequently rolled back after consumers reacted negatively.

Microsoft's Xbox VP Marc Whitten announced as much on the company's Xbox news site, Xbox Wire, where he wrote:

"It means that your account and your gamertag are truly yours. You don't have to share your gamertag for multiplayer gaming with others in your home, or see recommendations for your kid's cartoons next to the recommended first-person shooter for you. It also means that you can introduce new games and enjoy multiplayer with friends while they are at your house. Last but not least, it also means that when you buy one Xbox Live Gold membership, multiple people can enjoy the best benefits of Xbox Live Gold on your Xbox One at no additional charge."

Apparently the same XBL Gold account can be signed in on both an Xbox One and an Xbox 360; as expected, Xbox 360 Gold accounts carry over to Xbox One, though this is the first we're hearing about peaceful co-existence between the two consoles. We'll surely hear more from Whitten and co. in Cologne, Germany during Gamescom 2013 in just a few weeks.

Hal9000

What's the solution?

As i said in the other topic. Get your dad to set up a sub account for yourself, and just use that. I do the same with as you, i don't have sky, use my fathers Sky Go for football. He owns the main account, i have a sub account with my own login details and information.

Hal9000

There's no extra charge for a sub-account then?

No, you the device limit is still determined by the main account. So no matter how many sub account you have you can only register two devices across all accounts. Apart from that it's no extra charge.

ciderman9000000

No, you the device limit is still determined by the main account. So no matter how many sub account you have you can only register two devices across all accounts. Apart from that it's no extra charge.
Cheers, man. So even if the Xbox won't me onto my dad's Sky user/password anymore I can have him set me up as a sub-user for no charge and use my own password. Sounds good.

Free Sky!

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I went into Gamestop to pay another bit off the Xbox, one of the lads told me there is a patch on day one, at least 1GB. I'll get it the midnight launch and leave it download over night as my connection is not the fastest. Most of ye prob read it somewhere already anyways.