Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

lilcurt

One thing I don’t get is people love to play the ‘Xbox has no exclusives’ card

sure, Microsoft put all their games on the PC. That was their choice also. They’re branching out.
Can you play Halo on a PS? No.
Can you play Forza on a PS? No.

In the PS vs Xbox topic you’re not supposed to mention PC at all, but it sure gets brought up when it comes to exclusives.

Sure when it comes down to it, PS have the better exclusives if they’re your thing, but the games that are popular, the ones that are all over twitch, the ones people play daily, all apparently play better on the Xbox.

I really hope epic actually made a deal with PS and announce it at this E3. Would be hilarious.
I think you miss the point. No cares that the games are on PC in the exclusive debate. The fact it Xbox has hardly any worthwhile with or without PC consideration.

Halo, Forza and Gears are as good as it gets on Xbox. 3 exclusives can't make a platform, evidenced by sales data.

Meanwhile Sony have a massive range of exclusives crossing many genres.

Now this may all change in the years to come of course with Microsoft acquisitions but currently Xbox just doesn't have the depth and quality in its exclusive line up.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
It's not the same. When you talk about exclusives you talk about console exclusives. Always been the way with Nintendo and Sony. MS are no exception. But if you want to be pedantic, there are no Xbox console exclusives. You don't need to buy an Xbox to play any games MS are releasing, ever.

Not sure what you mean about me constantly bringing up their first party output, you mean that there is none but I'm excited for what they can potentially bring out in future because I have a PC. Sure.

it's a pointless argument, MS simply are not trying to sell their consoles based on exclusives, they don't care. They care about having exclusives in their overall suite, sure, but not consoles, they simply don't give a shit where people get their games from as long as they are subscribed to Gamepass.
Everybody in this thread knows that all Xbox first party are coming to PC and xCloud. It's already factored in. I'm not going to waste my time in every post clarifying. However the one time I said exclusive in this conversation I clarified console exclusive so I really don't know why you're calling it out.

This whole conversation revolves around Microsoft's first party output and that's what we're discussing. If you have an Xbox you directly benefit from that, and yes, others do too. So what? Somebody said the Xbox line up was disappointing and I said why the next few years are transitional still and after that it'll be strong.

Nothing you have said there goes against anything I have said, or been saying for a long time.

Maybe you weren't directing it at me in the first place in which case, fair enough.

DanH

Sorry for dumb question. One of the games I'm playing on Game pass is Jedi Fallen Order. Apparently, there has been an upgraded version released in the last day or two. Would this only be if I purchased the game, or is it something that will be available through Game pass?

Thanks

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Interesting watch.
So it seems on the Xbox, at 60fps which most of you’ll be playing at, it beats the PS in consistent frame rates.
Then when you jump over to 120hz the guy mentions he saw visible screen tearing on the PS and not on the Xbox.

It does show that consistently, the PS runs at higher frame rates bye what? 3 or 4 which is nothing

(I did skim the video at points)

Alock1

Sorry for dumb question. One of the games I'm playing on Game pass is Jedi Fallen Order. Apparently, there has been an upgraded version released in the last day or two. Would this only be if I purchased the game, or is it something that will be available through Game pass?

Thanks
Available through gamepass ultimate/EA access/play mate

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I think you miss the point. No cares that the games are on PC in the exclusive debate. The fact it Xbox has hardly any worthwhile with or without PC consideration.

Halo, Forza and Gears are as good as it gets on Xbox. 3 exclusives can't make a platform, evidenced by sales data.

Meanwhile Sony have a massive range of exclusives crossing many genres.

Now this may all change in the years to come of course with Microsoft acquisitions but currently Xbox just doesn't have the depth and quality in its exclusive line up.
:lol:
Of course this is all about Xbox games being on the PC

Oh let me go buy an Xbox series x right now… oh I can’t, because you know, it’s out of stock just like the PS5…

I don’t think they’re struggling for sales here

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Everybody in this thread knows that all Xbox first party are coming to PC and xCloud. It's already factored in. I'm not going to waste my time in every post clarifying. However the one time I said exclusive in this conversation I clarified console exclusive so I really don't know why you're calling it out.

This whole conversation revolves around Microsoft's first party output and that's what we're discussing. If you have an Xbox you directly benefit from that, and yes, others do too. So what? Somebody said the Xbox line up was disappointing and I said why the next few years are transitional still and after that it'll be strong.

Nothing you have said there goes against anything I have said, or been saying for a long time.

Maybe you weren't directing it at me in the first place in which case, fair enough.
I wasn't directing it at you. I was saying it's pointless to discuss exclusives when it comes to the Xbox because they don't exist. It's just a fact. That's not me being biased either - if Sony announced today they were releasing all their exclusives on PC at the same time as console I'd say the same thing and probably never bother with a Sony console again.

If anything it disappoints me that there aren't exclusives specifically for the Series X, because it's such a great gaming machine and after playing the new Ratchet game, it's clear already how impressive these consoles can be if games focus their development solely on them. I would also love an excuse to go and buy one cause I'm a total tech nerd but I simply can't justify it. As it stands we will probably never see a game developed purely to utilize the power of the Series X and I think that's a real shame.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Interesting watch.
So it seems on the Xbox, at 60fps which most of you’ll be playing at, it beats the PS in consistent frame rates.
Then when you jump over to 120hz the guy mentions he saw visible screen tearing on the PS and not on the Xbox.

It does show that consistently, the PS runs at higher frame rates bye what? 3 or 4 which is nothing

(I did skim the video at points)
I didn’t even watch the video I just clicked on the first link :lol:

I think for the vast majority of players they wouldn’t even be able to tell the difference if they were playing on both, so for me it’s a non issue. Some games so far run slightly better on PS and others on Xbox.

The main consideration for gamers is the games. I really do hope MS’ acquisitions over the years lead them to producing more quality games because then we all win. I’ve no issue with picking up an Xbox in time, it’s just there’s no reason to at the moment because their ‘exclusives’ have been poor for a long time.

b82REZ

I already said and clarified I was talking about the group, and already posted saying if you want to focus on 1 specific studio whose last game was 5.5 years ago and next on the horizon, then well done, however pointless.
I'm focusing on what you said. If you'd mentioned any other studio I'd quiz on that too. But you didn't, you mentioned one, Bethesda. You stated the 5 year timescale not me. Just admit that they haven't made anything good in the last 5,6,7,8,9 years rather than trying to make out I'm being pedantic over the time frame. Stop trying to give them credit for work Id, Arkane et al did.

You don't see many people claiming Death Standing is a Guerilla game for example.

lilcurt

Oh let me go buy an Xbox series x right now… oh I can’t, because you know, it’s out of stock just like the PS5…

My point is I don't think people bemoan Xbox exclusives because they are on PC, they bemoan then because there simply aren't enough of quality.

It's not that hard to get an Xbox in the UK at the moment. An if you look at the sales data worldwide it isn't even close between Xbox and PS5, something that I imagine would only be wider with more availability as the PS5 is certainly the harder of the two to come by.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I didn’t even watch the video I just clicked on the first link :lol:

I think for the vast majority of players they wouldn’t even be able to tell the difference if they were playing on both, so for me it’s a non issue. Some games so far run slightly better on PS and others on Xbox.

The main consideration for gamers is the games. I really do hope MS’ acquisitions over the years lead them to producing more quality games because then we all win. I’ve no issue with picking up an Xbox in time, it’s just there’s no reason to at the moment because their ‘exclusives’ have been poor for a long time.
I own neither console. I was always on the Xbox though and if I didn’t have a PC and it came down to me buying one this gen it would have been the Xbox.

I much prefer the control of the Xbox and most of my friends were on the Xbox, so that would have been the biggest factor for me.

I’ll be honest, multiplayer ruined a lot of gaming for me. I’ve skipped so many single player games as multiplayer feels like you’ve got to commit. Only now am I trying to focus on a lot of the single player games and catch up on what I missed.

A lot of the PS exclusives don’t really do it for me, but maybe God of War would be one.

I borrowed a PS to play Until Dawn, Heavy rain, last of us and beyond: two souls as they interested me.

Of the latest games, only Detroit and Horizon are ones that I’d like to try and they’re both on the PC now so that’s a win for me :lol:

As for performance. The consoles are built so closely that performance will also it be matched.

b82REZ

Except they're not. If I was so inclined I could go to GAME or Smyths and pickup a Series X this afternoon.

They can't even give away the Series S even with the part ex for old consoles there's still loads of stock available.

Balljy

XBOX Series X is really not difficult to find now. They've got some in my local Argos at the moment in the Sainsbury's. For some reason they're not listed as in stock online, but they have them boxed up for purchase when you walk in. I think other retailers are the same where they have them available for walk-in buyers.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
You’ll have to tell Smyths to get a better website cause for a national company, with a console high in demand, they say they have none in stock in any store, which isn’t good for their business considering they’re falling out the doors with stock

Fully Fledged

I'm focusing on what you said. If you'd mentioned any other studio I'd quiz on that too. But you didn't, you mentioned one, Bethesda. You stated the 5 year timescale not me. Just admit that they haven't made anything good in the last 5,6,7,8,9 years rather than trying to make out I'm being pedantic over the time frame. Stop trying to give them credit for work Id, Arkane et al did.

You don't see many people claiming Death Standing is a Guerilla game for example.
Fallout 4 is not a good game, it's a very good game. Is it as good as 3 or New Vegas? No but that doesn't stop it being a very good game.

b82REZ

Fallout 4 is not a good game, it's a very good game. Is it as good as 3 or New Vegas? No but that doesn't stop it being a very good game.
It was a poor game and was really showing the age of the engine. Showed no innovation other than jumping on the crafting bandwagon.

b82REZ

You’ll have to tell Smyths to get a better website cause for a national company, with a console high in demand, they say they have none in stock in any store, which isn’t good for their business considering they’re falling out the doors with stock
You do realise we don't work for Smyths. Doesn't change the fact they have ample stock in store.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
It was a poor game and was really showing the age of the engine. Showed no innovation other than jumping on the crafting bandwagon.
Fallout 4 was fine.
Vegas was my favourite, but I much preferred4 to 3.

I think it got a lot of stick because it tried to change some things that didn’t need changing. But people love to complain.

People who complain about 4 and compare it to 3 are the same types of people who complain about 3 when comparing it to 1 and 2.

People just don’t like change

b82REZ

Fallout 4 was fine.

I think it got a lot of stick because it tried to change some things that didn’t need changing. But people love to complain.

People who complain about 4 and compare it to 3 are the same types of people who complain about 3 when comparing it to 1 and 2.

Even for the biggest Fallout fans, 4 is recognised as the worst of the main franchise (we'll just all pretend 76 didn't happen).

Is it terrible, no. Does it excel in one particular area, no. It's the definition of mediocre.

BristolRuss

I'm sure Damien will be along any minute with his 'don't make me tap the sign' message. What with him being a good admin who isn't a biased fanboy. Right?

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Even for the biggest Fallout fans, 4 is recognised as the worst of the main franchise (we'll just all pretend 76 didn't happen).

Is it terrible, no. Does it excel in one particular area, no. It's the definition of mediocre.
Define mediocre :lol:

I’m in a lot of fallout groups and Fallout 4 is well received.
As I said. Some people complain because it changed some stuff, like the speech mechanics, but it also improved a lot of things also.

It gets very good reviews by companies and from what I see, people hold it highly. Even if people consider it below Vegas, does that make it a bad game?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
If Xbox players are happy playing fallout 4 quality games then it will be an easy crowd to please. Fallout 4 is absolutely awful.

El General 1994

One thing I don’t get is people love to play the ‘Xbox has no exclusives’ card

sure, Microsoft put all their games on the PC. That was their choice also. They’re branching out.
Can you play Halo on a PS? No.
Can you play Forza on a PS? No.

In the PS vs Xbox topic you’re not supposed to mention PC at all, but it sure gets brought up when it comes to exclusives.

Sure when it comes down to it, PS have the better exclusives if they’re your thing, but the games that are popular, the ones that are all over twitch, the ones people play daily, all apparently play better on the Xbox.

I really hope epic actually made a deal with PS and announce it at this E3. Would be hilarious.
Great post.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
This is the Xbox thread for discussing Xbox games. If you wish to console war and compare it to other consoles, take it to the console war thread.

I'd also appreciate less of the passive aggressive bullshit from people who make snarky comments just because I'm not around every second of every minute of every hour of every day. When I'm on, I do what I can. You're pathetic. Enjoy the conference in 2 hours time rather than acting the hardman on an internet forum.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I’m not really a fan of racing games anymore. It’s difficult to enjoy them. I’ve not played Forza in years but I just feel AI in this stuff just isn’t really a challenge.

online would be great if it wasn’t for the shit fest at the first corner in every racing game in existence :lol:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Fallout 4 was fine.

I think it came down to:
  • Fallout 4 is a good action game, probably the best its ever been (and certainly the best looking)
  • Fallout 4 is not as good in the RPG department as the other Fallouts
Both valid points, I think

b82REZ

This is the Xbox thread for discussing Xbox games. If you wish to console war and compare it to other consoles, take it to the console war thread.

I'd also appreciate less of the passive aggressive bullshit from people who make snarky comments just because I'm not around every second of every minute of every hour of every day. When I'm on, I do what I can. You're pathetic. Enjoy the conference in 2 hours time rather than acting the hardman on an internet forum.
The strange thing was there was no PS5/PC discussion. It was a debate around Bethesda, who are MS owned.

@BristolRuss seemed to take offence and then dragged you into it for some reason.

Seeing as I was the one who was winding them up a bit I apologise if I broke thread rules but as far as I was aware discussing Bethesda and other studios MS own or may own, this was the best thread for it.

Alock1

Love you