Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bojan11

Also the SSD that costs the same as series S should be arriving today.

Bojan11

If you have a factual source then I'll believe it. My source tells me 1440p is supported.
The Italians from IGN who got confirmation from Sony think otherwise. But it don’t matter to you or more than 90% of people who buy consoles as you play on TV. So why you getting worked up about it?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I've got a stock informer tab open constantly now with push notifications on for the X. Other half gave in and we got another 4k for the spare room/study so keen to maximise this by upgrading from the S.

Bojan11

Since when did the Italians ever know anything ?
Leave me alone. This harassment from you has to stop. Let me enjoy my console in 5 days and quit messaging me in private telling me to join you on apex.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
5 days to go lads
Seriously cant wait now! My One X has stopped outputting at 4K (got a bodge job fix on a hdmi port/chip issue from moving it around the house - doesnt realise it is plugged into a 4K source anymore!) so it's perfect timing :drool:

altodevil

Eh so the X was in stock so I have it in my cart but every payment method I try says "there weas a problem setting the payment method"

altodevil

Update: I can now click buy now but now there is a new error " Unable to purchase the order at the moment – please try again. "

When the buy now button lit up I almost came and now I have blue balls

altodevil

Can't believe this. I'm now at the stage with authorisation, it is sending me a notification on my banking app, I confirm it, submit on the website, then a new error. Endless loop of bank confirmations.

altodevil

Chat advisor trying to get me one from Norway watch this space...

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Thanks for posting all the reviews. Really going well. DF will be posting the Series S review at a later date though:

The lack of games, combined with late arrival of a retail console, means we won't be reviewing the junior Series hardware today - but I can tell you that the form factor is cute to the point of being almost irresistible, the interface is essentially identical, it has the same display controller (meaning it can address a 4K display at 120Hz!) but you only get a paltry 364GB of useable space on the SSD vs the Series X's 802GB, which is problematic. Quick Resume is part of the package there, but even at this early stage I feel Microsoft's positioning of the machine as a 1440p alternative to Series X is failing to convince, with even older titles like Forza Horizon 4 and Sea of Thieves topping out at 1080p.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
GTA5 loading:

Improved but not fantastic - solely due to all the damn middleware screens on the game's end and the slow online servers. Will obviously be just as long on all consoles.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Cooler than the One X :D You love to see it.

Keep hearing it’s the same interface, but it’s a new updated version, with a completely different looking store. Has that even rolled out for people who aren’t Insiders yet?

Will obviously be the same over the two generations though.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
GTA5 loading:

Improved but not fantastic - solely due to all the damn middleware screens on the game's end and the slow online servers. Will obviously be just as long on all consoles.
GTAV was an absolute disaster. When I did play it online, more often than not it took about 15-20 minutes as the servers were trash, waiting 'in the clouds' for ages to join a lobby...only to then get kicked out and re-do it all over again. Rockstar can suck my ass.