Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah. List of games published by them
Both Playground and the State of Decay studio have been acquired though so don't think it'd be one of those.

Could it be Outer World's 2 or do Take Two own that IP? Though that'd now be first party.

Remedy collab didn't go that well with Quantum Break.

Hmm.

Cool anyway.

Kearnkoff69

Despite there being no killer IP to launch the new generation, I find myself sitting here looking wistfully at videos of people booting up the new console. I really hope Microsoft delivers on its promise of significant new IP in the next year or two so I have an excuse to spend the money. Unfortunately, I'm one of those sad sacks whose belt tightened significantly during the pandemic and as much as I long for new hardware I just can't justify it in my current budget. I hope all on here who were lucky enough to grab one enjoy the hell out of it, though. I am very curious to see how much of a performance boost it gives existing games.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Any of you have the LG Nano91 range tv? Some decent price drops here, I might consider trying to squeeze it in somewhere!!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Can't fault it so far. Completed the Tourist which was a delightful wee game.

altodevil

Was great fun. Done everything achievement wise bar play the drums without a mistake and beat 2 of 3 gamer scores in the arcade.
The Hi-Scores were a cnut. Trick with the hardest, the dynamite one, is to follow the order of the lit dynamite, you get more points per level when you do that.

bonothom

Just ordered Watch Dogs Legion, played the hell out of the first 2 so looking forward to it. Waited purposely for the series x to play it. Although reviews have been a bit average

altodevil

Can't fault it so far. Completed the Tourist which was a delightful wee game.
End of day 2 minor gripes:

- No visualisation of what games and apps are running so you can close them or see what can be quick resumed.

- No way to edit main home bar? Order your games/apps not possible, just done by recency. The fact the theme is tied to this is ass as well. Means whenever I leave the settings app my home screen is just s block colour.

- Small sound glitches when leaving certain apps, making selections etc. Like it's being cut-off.

- Achievement icons/art not visible from the blade at the side you bring up with your controller.

Alock1

- No visualisation of what games and apps are running so you can close them or see what can be quick resumed.

- No way to edit main home bar? Order your games/apps not possible, just done by recency. The fact the theme is tied to this is ass as well. Means whenever I leave the settings app my home screen is just s block colour.

- Small sound glitches when leaving certain apps, making selections etc. Like it's being cut-off.

- Achievement icons/art not visible from the blade at the side you bring up with your controller.
Agreed on point 1, should show currently running games for sure. I had that earlier. Should be a priority, and show on the guide not just in my games and apps.

Do you mean the main in-game guide, initial home tab? If so, what you can do is tap My Games and Apps and then if you make a group it'll show there. I put my top games in it so they're always easily accessible. You can also just pin them to show there.

Haven't had the sound thing

I thought you could see the achievement art. I can on mine when scrolling through. Or is this when you first gain it? In which case I'll check if it's same for me when I next get one.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Yeah I don't like this either. I used to order everything into folders on my PS4 because I have OCD (probably).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You can add games just below this.

Agree on the visualisation. Should put a little tag on those running.

bonothom

So how many games are kept in quick resume mode? I reckon it's about 6 games.

Parma Dewol

Daft question, but does anyone know how to buy (or at least try to buy) an Xbox Series S direct from Microsoft?

Have some credit in my Microsoft Account, so I'd prefer to buy direct, but whenever I check on Xbox.com, it just gives me links to third-party retailers. :confused:

Last edited:

altodevil

Can any of you guys quickly tell me the Ampage of the power cable for the Series X? I've been using an old PS3 cable (had a european one given with my Xbox) which is fine. I had ordered a 5A cable to come, but now thinking I don't need it as the PS3 one is only 2.5A?

What's the fuse ampage in the plug also?

Cheers.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Can any of you guys quickly tell me the Ampage of the power cable for the Series X? I've been using an old PS3 cable (had a european one given with my Xbox) which is fine. I had ordered a 5A cable to come, but now thinking I don't need it as the PS3 one is only 2.5A?

Cheers.
Ill have a look later when I’m moving my Xbox down stairs!

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Yep, just had the sound issue loading up a game. Had to reload it too as it crashed.

Probably nothing major, just early glitches.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Some Series X troubles today. Quick Resume has stopped working on any enhanced title. It's only working on the old stuff. The QR stuff is like a beta. And Tetris Effect has started to crash on me

How's Quick Resume been working for you guys? It really does not seem ready.

wr8_utd

:'(
I’d completely forgotten about this with all the downloading and trying out of other games. Is it not on Game Pass now? Thought it was meant to be
I don't think it's out for Xbox at all at this point, right? The day it is, I'm sure it'll land Day 1 on Gamepass.

Alock1

Some Series X troubles today. Quick Resume has stopped working on any enhanced title. It's only working on the old stuff. The QR stuff is like a beta. And Tetris Effect has started to crash on me

It's been working great for me but admittedly I haven't been using it on more than one Optimized title at a time except for Ori.

Haven't used it today mind.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Crashed on Minecraft Dungeons for my boy earlier.

wr8_utd

:'(

I've only got around 5 games installed now but I'm not facing any issues with this so far atleast.

Alock1

I’d completely forgotten about this with all the downloading and trying out of other games. Is it not on Game Pass now? Thought it was meant to be
Not out for Xbox yet only PC but it will be gamepass day 1.

I don't really want to play it but I do want to fly over places and then show everybody who comes round how amazing it looks.

Bojan11

Not out for Xbox yet only PC but it will be gamepass day 1.

I don't really want to play it but I do want to fly over places and then show everybody who comes round how amazing it looks.
Can Elvis come round?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

I only saw it work once. Not sure if it works on the games I have mind

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
And now Quick Resume works again :lol:

That thing is a big old mess. Apart from that, this console has been working pretty well for so far.

I was supposed to get Cold War today to play on it. Never came, though :(

How is the noise levels on your consoles? Mine is pretty quiet, but I can hear it if I go close to it. I take it that's normal?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

Cheers.
Plug standards: SS145/A
Amps and Volts: 5A 250V

Alock1

I only saw it work once. Not sure if it works on the games I have mind
It should work on any game that doesn't require a constant connection to a service to be honest. Lots of games these days do have that to be fair.

It would still typically get you to the main menu quicker than booting even on those games mind.

Alock1

And now Quick Resume works again :lol:

That thing is a big old mess. Apart from that, this console has been working pretty well for so far.

I was supposed to get Cold War today to play on it. Never came, though :(

How is the noise levels on your consoles? Mine is pretty quiet, but I can hear it if I go close to it. I take it that's normal?
Silent, crazy impressed with how quiet it is. PS5 is meant to be as quiet (maybe quieter not sure).

It's a big win on One X and particularly the PS4 Pro. I didn't even have a Pro but I could hear the fan through my mates mic. It was awful in the summer.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Unbelievably good. If I make the room completely silent I can just about hear something with my ear right next to the machine. And it just sounds like air moving. Not even a whirr of a fan.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Silent, crazy impressed with how quiet it is. PS5 is meant to be as quiet (maybe quieter not sure).

It's a big win on One X and particularly the PS4 Pro. I didn't even have a Pro but I could hear the fan through my mates mic. It was awful in the summer.
If you put your ear to it, you can hear something, though? Please don't tell mine is broke because I can hear something!

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Unbelievably good. If I make the room completely silent I can just about hear something with my ear right next to the machine. And it just sounds like air moving. Not even a whirr of a fan.
I can hear something when I get close. It's probably the same as my One S. Which is impressive when you consider the power difference.