Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I stupidly installed everything on my Xbox One in preparation, so I could do a single transfer and leave it. Takes fecking ages and then the next gen patches are enormous.

But managed to try Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Recently upgraded to a 4K TV and although I can’t try the 120HZ mode (because my TV requires a patch that hasn’t been rolled out to me yet), it’s absolutely stunning.
Yeah I did the same yesterday. Network transfer was rapid compared to downloading at consistent 500mbps but for any optimised games you end up redownloading the whole thing in the next gen upgrade anyway.

Works a treat for back compat games Xbox One / 360 games but don't bother for anything optimized.

izzydiggler

Yeah I did the same yesterday. Network transfer was rapid compared to downloading at consistent 500mbps but for any optimised games you end up redownloading the whole thing in the next gen upgrade anyway.

Works a treat for back compat games Xbox One / 360 games but don't bother for anything optimized.
Lessons learnt for next weeks PS5 launch!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

What’s the best thing to do then? Just download straight from the store?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
yes might as well to be honest - for the optimised versions you have to download the whole game anyway
My mate with awful internet who is currently only 45% into downloading cod despite getting his yesterday at noon, is gonna be fuming when he finds he has to download way more :wenger:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
What’s the best thing to do then? Just download straight from the store?
For Cod I would network transfer and then download the high Res assets from the game

Things like Gears, Forza Horizon though just download from store/my apps

DavelinaJolie

I really hope that the twunts pushing videos of them putting vape through their Xbox series X's and claiming it is smoking kill their consoles.

DavelinaJolie

Love how they only record 5 seconds of it too and ponys like @esmufc07 get excited.
I don't know what he's up to, but people willing for other people's consoles to fail just because it's not a playstation is just utter c*ntery. A lot of people really are scumbags.

Bosws87

I don't know what he's up to, but people willing for other people's consoles to fail just because it's not a playstation is just utter c*ntery. A lot of people really are scumbags.
Haha its devastating, my dad's ps4 died on launch day within 30 minutes his face was a picture :lol:

bonothom

Are you using a regular 3.0 HDD or the Seagate SSD?
Normal USB 3 drives that I used on the One X. I have nothing installed to the internal. Must say playing Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 and Saints in 4k 60fps with no stuttering is great.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Agree on the controller @Alock1 - holding the 'project scorpio' One X base controller, it feels light and a more noticeable step down. The new controller feels more an in-between now, a step up in feel and texture compared to the previous base controller, while obviously still behind the Elite 2. The little gripped texture on the back of the controller and triggers is very welcomed. I might actually use this for a few games, I usually never use base controllers. I never used the One X controller once!

Transferred all of Cold War (Cross Gen Edition) in about 14 minutes from the Seagate 1TB HD to the Internal SSD. Around 80GB

wr8_utd

:'(
Glad to report I'm not suffering the download speed issues that some here reported. I've got an internet speed of 100mbps and I'm getting download speeds of 95mbps when downloading games right now. Seems fair.

wr8_utd

Normal USB 3 drives that I used on the One X. I have nothing installed to the internal. Must say playing Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 and Saints in 4k 60fps with no stuttering is great.
Quick Resume is working just fine even with games installed to the USB? That's good to hear. I thought it would be a lot slower than on the internal SSD.

Castia

Stepson just bought Watch Dogs 3 on the Series S so will report back how it runs

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Currently downloading and getting 140 so all fine on my front.

wr8_utd

Early impressions of the Series S: It's absolutely rapid, noiseless and isn't going to burn my house down...yet.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Forza horizon 4 - I dont know if it is just me, but even on a 1080p tv I'm using to do a quick setup, it looks way nicer and screen is smoother even compared to my One X. I must try a side by side at some point later to make sure I'm not bonkers.

Adamsk7

Forza horizon 4 - I dont know if it is just me, but even on a 1080p tv I'm using to do a quick setup, it looks way nicer and screen is smoother even compared to my One X. I must try a side by side at some point later to make sure I'm not bonkers.
Yeah it’s got a raytracing patch, right? Makes a biiiig difference, especially on games with lots of reflections.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
What you playing?

And make sure you play Tetris effect and that goes for you @Mr Anderson.
Forza. It's gorgeous. I need to stop soon and actually download more games. Am keen on the Tetris as I enjoyed the switch Tetris game a fair bit.

izzydiggler

Valhalla looks great but a bit surprised to see screen tearing and draw distance loading at times...thought SSD’s were supposed to solve these issues.

bonothom

OK I can't help it but just put my xbox on and quick resumed into Fallout 4 in about 10 seconds. It's been powered off for 18 hours, how the hell does it do it? I actually think this is one of the biggest changes in gaming I've ever seen between generations.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
OK I can't help it but just put my xbox on and quick resumed into Fallout 4 in about 10 seconds. It's been powered off for 18 hours, how the hell does it do it? I actually think this is one of the biggest changes in gaming I've ever seen between generations.
PS4 does quick resume from standby from the last game you played

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Yeah it’s got a raytracing patch, right? Makes a biiiig difference, especially on games with lots of reflections.
It’s stunning! Can’t wait to plug into my 4k tv now, that should be an experience! :drool:

mid the ray racing is as decent on the Series S, I can see why this would be brilliant output at 1080p. It’s a very smooth upgrade

Woodzy

Trying Gears 5. Colour me impressed, blown away for the first time.

Speaking of colour, what the feck have they done to this series? It's not supposed to be beautiful, it's supposed look like a burnt out bbq.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Did take me by surprise how small it is! Looks tiny sitting where my og One sat. Looks really neat where I have it.

The S must be minuscule.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Quick Resume is awesome. Been super impressed with that feature.

What's everyone's thoughts on the new controller? Am a fan. Nothing revolutionary, but just nice little improvements all over. You can tell they've taken what they learnt from the elite and added it here.