Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
It's annoying because I didn't need to sign out I was testing account sharing.

Anyway if you have set the console to home you can set the console offline and sign in, then reconnect and it'll work. But if the console isn't the home this won't work.

Bosws87

I’m at a loss on what to play in this thing already. What a waste.
Might be in jest, but i'm still of the opinion that buying the X 2/3 years down the line then subscribing to game pass is the better way to enjoy the console as the launch line up is crap, i'll probs jump in a couple of years down the line

Bojan11

Just had a farcical chat with Amazon on their live chat. The first guy told me that the Xbox hasn't been released yet and that's why they haven't dispatched it :lol: Then he changed his mind and told me it's out of stock. Then he left the chat mid-way through a conversation. Absolute clown.

Then I spoke to another person and they said they haven't been able to process all the deliveries in time and that's the reason for the delay. So, still gotta wait for that dispatch email...

They didn't offer me a voucher either!
Told you @esmufc07. You should have stuck with Mike Ashley.

I can’t believe Amazon have screwed it up considering they are the biggest retailer and have their own delivery service.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just had a farcical chat with Amazon on their live chat. The first guy told me that the Xbox hasn't been released yet and that's why they haven't dispatched it :lol: Then he changed his mind and told me it's out of stock. Then he left the chat mid-way through a conversation. Absolute clown.
Sounds similar to my experience today. Also had a guy leave in the middle. The last guy I spoke to was responding with tongue out smiley faces.
Have they stopped training them or what?

Still can’t believe he said this as well
its like the product of the day at this point
I know it is mate

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
UPS haven't moved my parcel from Tamworth since 2pm the decks. Could have been here by now. Better be here tomorrow. Why I oughta

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Sounds similar to my experience today. Also had a guy leave in the middle. The last guy I spoke to was responding with tongue out smiley faces.
Have they stopped training them or what?

Still can’t believe he said this as well

I know it is mate
To be fair, I usually find the less robotic staff more pleasant, have a bit of fun with them, and feels more personal. It's not their fault their management sucks which someone fecked deliveries up.

Also, do you know every little nuance about your job? I wouldn't expect a dude to know if some new fad hair straighteners had just been released. Dude might not be into gaming.

Obviously they should have lists of expected high volume products, but then again, how does that help them? They're there to sort out your problems, doesn't matter the product.

Leaving in the middle is always an absolute bastard thing, then having to start a new convo with a new person with all the same info.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
To be fair, I usually find the less robotic staff more pleasant, have a bit of fun with them, and feels more personal. It's not their fault their management sucks which someone fecked deliveries up.

Also, do you know every little nuance about your job? I wouldn't expect a dude to know if some new fad hair straighteners had just been released. Dude might not be into gaming.

Obviously they should have lists of expected high volume products, but then again, how does that help them? They're there to sort out your problems, doesn't matter the product.

Leaving in the middle is always an absolute bastard thing, then having to start a new convo with a new person with all the same info.
Friendly is good. I’d expect them not to respond so blasé about a 450 quid item that at the time was completely mia though.

I’d definitely know about a massive product release day if I was in a job like that. I’d expect to be told about it though. Not necessarily their fault like you say, but no less frustrating, and I could’ve done with a purely professional approach this time. If it was a bottle of shampoo or something then the tongues out would be more welcome

Alock1

Filled up the SSD and already making tough choices. There's an element of wanting to test and check stuff out of course but when you jump between online games with mates it fills up fast. Modern Warfare, Cold War, Halo 5, Halo MCC, Gears 5, FIFA and Forza Horizon are going to pretty much fill it alone.

I know the controller has nothing on the PS5 from an excitement pov. But it's an absolutely cracking controller, easily the best base one Ive used.

It's definitely iterative but anybody who has gone to the elite controller will tell you how shit it is to go back to the cheap plastic feel of a standard one. The grips on this sort that, and the d-pad is great. Got a premium feel and is being charged at the same price.

Feels a tad more comfortable too but maybe that's because I've been using the elite which whilst great for cod, obviously won't be as comfy for something like FIFA when I'm not using the paddles.

bonothom

The quick resume is just astounding. Had Witcher 3, Saints Row 3 remastered, Fallout 4 and Watch Dogs all on quick resume and all still loaded instantly after powering off and unplugging for 2 hours. All from external USB. How long until they clear from quick resume?

wr8_utd

:'(
The quick resume is just astounding. Had Witcher 3, Saints Row 3 remastered, Fallout 4 and Watch Dogs all on quick resume and all still loaded instantly after powering off and unplugging for 2 hours. All from external USB. How long until they clear from quick resume?
Are you using a regular 3.0 HDD or the Seagate SSD?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I appreciate that I am perhaps the only person in the world who cares about Black Ops 4 but having come from a One S the difference in image quality is huge. It's using the One X as a base so it outputting at 4k and even I notice that. Also, the speed at which you can get through menus is fantastic.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's a slow news day at hull daily mail :lol: How does one guys console breaking make the news!
Nice bit of advertising for his company though. Anyone in the North Hull area with a faulty phone....he's your man.

DavelinaJolie

Man, playing Warzone last night, it's sooooo smooth, the textures load in so much quicker, and we got 2 wins.

It's also quite reassuring that the menus don't make the Machine sound like it's going to take off.

Castia

Just a first impression of the Series S.

Spent a couple of hours with the Series S last night and its an amazing piece of kit. First of all the design of the console, it’s incredibly small and I cant believe it has the power to even run games, Microsoft have done a brilliant job with the design. It’s about half the size of a One S.

For a £250 ‘casual’ console it hits all checkpoints. The UI is super fast and snappy, the menu’s in games like FIFA are the same everything just runs smoother. Load times are insane and swapping between games is a game changer. The new HDR settings, the colours when compared to the old One S are miles better it adds so much to the games, this is low key one if the best new features for me.

It’s silent, I had my ear to the console and you could barely hear a thing. It’s cool as well, there’s warm out coming out if the top fan but the console runs cool. The one downside is the 500gb hard drive, it’s gonna take some management to keep space there’s no doubt about that.

Very impressive for what it is. This is my stepsons console and all he plays is FIFA, CoD, Rocket League etc the usual annual games so for him it’s perfect.

Well worth picking up especially alongside say a PS5 or Switch even If its just used as a Gamepass box.

Alock1

The controller is absolutely bang on. Same price but the grips alone bring a premium feel. And it's 3 flaws (d-pad, slightly awkward bumpers, no accessible way to share) have been rectified with this one.

Maybe today is the last day we can say this, but to me it's the best base controller out there we've seen. Obviously not for innovation but it's absolutely flawless.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Glad I updated as much as I could prior to Series X arriving. Download speeds from Xbox servers are awful again today. Cold War update and One X needed an update.

wr8_utd

Amazon being woeful at their delivery here in India as well. My Series S has been at the final delivery station for 25 hours now. It's supposed to be here in the next 4 hours but still not out for delivery. Going to be massively pissed off if they don't deliver it today either. I ordered my blue controller and got it long before the console.

Alock1

Glad I updated as much as I could prior to Series X arriving. Download speeds from Xbox servers are awful again today. Cold War update and One X needed an update.
Make sure you aren't playing anything, and sometimes it just needs a nudge (resetting console, changing game you're downloading, pausing and restarting)

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Make sure you aren't playing anything, and sometimes it just needs a nudge (resetting console, changing game you're downloading, pausing and restarting)
Ya, I just have the One X next to my desk here updating and transferring everything to the external HDD - running nothing, only looking at the update screen. I'll do the same when the Series X arrives - post is usually here around lunch. At least all that is left then is the day 1 update and any game that needs a Series X enhancement update.

wr8_utd

Amazon being woeful at their delivery here in India as well. My Series S has been at the final delivery station for 25 hours now. It's supposed to be here in the next 4 hours but still not out for delivery. Going to be massively pissed off if they don't deliver it today either. I ordered my blue controller and got it long before the console.
Two minutes after typing this, it's out for delivery :lol:

Parma Dewol

Just a first impression of the Series S.

Spent a couple of hours with the Series S last night and its an amazing piece of kit. First of all the design of the console, it’s incredibly small and I cant believe it has the power to even run games, Microsoft have done a brilliant job with the design. It’s about half the size of a One S.

For a £250 ‘casual’ console it hits all checkpoints. The UI is super fast and snappy, the menu’s in games like FIFA are the same everything just runs smoother. Load times are insane and swapping between games is a game changer. The new HDR settings, the colours when compared to the old One S are miles better it adds so much to the games, this is low key one if the best new features for me.

It’s silent, I had my ear to the console and you could barely hear a thing. It’s cool as well, there’s warm out coming out if the top fan but the console runs cool. The one downside is the 500gb hard drive, it’s gonna take some management to keep space there’s no doubt about that.

Very impressive for what it is. This is my stepsons console and all he plays is FIFA, CoD, Rocket League etc the usual annual games so for him it’s perfect.

Well worth picking up especially alongside say a PS5 or Switch even If its just used as a Gamepass box.
Thanks for that! Been hoping for more feedback from Series S owners as I'm thinking of picking one up for Christmas. Would love some photos of the little console in situ if you have any.

Alock1

Arriving today appaz. Says between 3:45 and 7:45. I’ll not get my hopes up but it looks promising
My mate who had the same issue as you yesterday has had his today, was delivered by royal mail. Fingers crossed you're golden.

izzydiggler

I stupidly installed everything on my Xbox One in preparation, so I could do a single transfer and leave it. Takes fecking ages and then the next gen patches are enormous.

But managed to try Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Recently upgraded to a 4K TV and although I can’t try the 120HZ mode (because my TV requires a patch that hasn’t been rolled out to me yet), it’s absolutely stunning.