Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It'll be popular no doubt.
Imagine the amount of parents being asked for it and then going in and seeing a cheaper option
I'd be pretty miffed if I had a One X, which is a more powerful console, and couldn't pay the next gen games that the Series S will be able to :lol:

Bojan11

So wait the Series S is basically an option to play next gen games on a less powerful version of the current One X? Seems a bit fecking daft.
How?

You can’t just sell gamepass only on a machine that probably costs £500 or plus. Series S is a cheap entry route for gamepass.

Not that I’m a big fan of it. I’m hoping that bit about Series x exclusives is right, but Tom Warren is saying they are speculating.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
How?

You can’t just sell gamepass only on a machine that probably costs £500 or plus. Series S is a cheap entry route for gamepass.

Not that I’m a big fan of it. I’m hoping that bit about Series x exclusives is right, but Tom Warren is saying they are speculating.
I get the concept I just think it's a bit shit. It means devs will have to tailor their "next gen" games for a console that's less powerful than their current gen one, I'm not a fan of consoles going backwards.

But yeah it does seem like it's more tailored to gamepass people who don't give a shit about performance, and if it's a good bit cheaper than Sony's digital only PS5 it should sell well. I suppose it's still a decent step up from ONE S.

Bojan11

I get the concept I just think it's a bit shit. It means devs will have to tailor their "next gen" games for a console that's less powerful than their current gen one, I'm not a fan of consoles going backwards.

But yeah it does seem like it's more tailored to gamepass people who don't give a shit about performance, and if it's a good bit cheaper than Sony's digital only PS5 it should sell well. I suppose it's still a decent step up from ONE S.
I’m not a big fan of it either. Like I said, I rather have the normal consoles as the base versions for something like GTA 6 or Starfield. I guess if you are more interested in selling gamepass to casuals than you need something that’s cheaper to sell.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So wait the Series S is basically an option to play next gen games on a less powerful version of the current One X? Seems a bit fecking daft.
Series S is not less powerful than One X. One X is based on ancient Jaguar processor and having new Zen 2 processor is quite a big upgrade.

4TF on new RDNA 2 is not the same as earlier NAVI so even in terms of graphic it is also quite a big upgrade.

Plus it will have SSD and same I/O approach of its bigger brother XSX. It's quite capable machine and for people who are on budget, this could be a great option.

Edit : Forgot about the memory bump and it is new GDDR6.

As for scaling down games to work on it, NX gamer made a video about it. He is next best thing after Digital Foundry on YouTube

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

I think that is the plan, to undercut that PS model significantly: along with getting new users on a subscription plan, of course.

But I don’t know about the crazy low prices I’ve seen mooted. I am no expert but $200 seems optimistic.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Like that anything you capture goes straight to your phone.
Doesn't that already happen? I mean it takes a while to upload, which I assume will still happen?
They better have fixed the whole only capturing a few seconds thing.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I love the options but you really need a cheatsheet to remember the different names for the consoles. I genuinely think someone in the Microsoft marketing department has been smoking crack.

Bosws87

I love the options but you really need a cheatsheet to remember the different names for the consoles. I genuinely think someone in the Microsoft marketing department has been smoking crack.
The performance target's for both of them not a chance, 30fps yes 60 on any game thats pushing graphical boundaries not a chance.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It’s pretty boring. It’s not ugly or particularly good looking in my opinion. It’s just a black box. Better than garish design for the sake of design though.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It’s pretty boring. It’s not ugly or particularly good looking in my opinion. It’s just a black box. Better than garish design for the sake of design though.
Obviously its all personal choice but it doesn't scream next-gen to me. Like it or loathe it the PS5 is at least trying to be interesting and bold but anyway that debate has been done to death and to be fair it wont be a massive dealbreaker in which console people choose either way.

Fully Fledged

You do realise that games can scale from a 1050 to a 2080i and beyond on PC? having 2 consoles that need to be scaled for will not be a problem.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You have a load of snakes up there in Scotland? I've got BFO spiders but no snakes thankfully.
Well, they're more like needles but after eight bottles of Buckfast who can tell what's moving and what's not?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Heard rumblings things may not be all well behind the scenes here

Hoping that isn't the case

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Heard? I’ve seen my toilet bowl explode many a time. :lol:
:lol: I think I've had Buckfast on only two occasions but both times I was fine. I think it's because it was complimented by vodka, tequila or maybe even kebabs?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
:lol: I think I've had Buckfast on only two occasions but both times I was fine. I think it's because it was complimented by vodka, tequila or maybe even kebabs?
My oh my — that is heavy duty that. :lol: