Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think those three actually kill Buckfast so you don't get the horridness.
I think they kill a part of your liver as well. I can only manage Buckfast and beer at the best of times. Tequila, Vod and Bucky would send me to the fecking moon. Anyway, let’s not derail the Xbox thread any further. :lol:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Could you elaborate?
I can't but there's no real substance to it (and we all hate ITKs)

It's from good sources but I literally know nothing other than things aren't where they'd like (not just Halo) and a few announcements have been pushed back (seemingly longer than just a month or so though), and senior management being stingy on info to those you'd expect to be involved

I assumed it was just the stuff you can guess - price & Lockhart pushed back to September announcement but supposedly not

Paxi

It's from good sources but I literally know nothing other than things aren't where they'd like (not just Halo) and a few announcements have been pushed back (seemingly longer than just a month or so though), and senior management being stingy on info to those you'd expect to be involved

I assumed it was just the stuff you can guess - price & Lockhart pushed back to September announcement but supposedly not
Is price a thing? I know that both Sony and Xbox are facing the same problem but people should take some perspective. The amount of hardware people are getting for £600 is absolutely incredible. Jay talks about this in this video. I posted it the other day but it’s worth posting again, but I’m sure you’re well aware of all the points he makes in that video. I guess your average gamer will not take into consideration how much it’s currently for a video card, which on paper, will have the same performance as Series X, not to mention the CPU and something like power draw of a console, well that will be totally lost on 99% of people.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Is price a thing? I know that both Sony and Xbox are facing the same problem but people should take some perspective. The amount of hardware people are getting for £600 is absolutely incredible. Jay talks about this in this video. I posted it the other day but it’s worth posting again, but I’m sure you’re well aware of all the points he makes in that video. I guess your average gamer will not take into consideration how much it’s currently for a video card, which on paper, will have the same performance as Series X, not to mention the CPU and something like power draw of a console, well that will be totally lost on 99% of people.

:lol: Maxi never misses an opportunity to tell everyone how great PCs are vs consoles when someone mentions the higher price point there eh.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

To be fair it must be difficult trying to sell a new console with no new games.

Paxi

:lol: Maxi never misses an opportunity to tell everyone how great PCs are vs consoles when someone mentions the higher price point there eh.
I like all.
Consoles are a good deal for what you’ll get. :)

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22

I am on resetera most days, as bad as that place can be it is usually good for latest news and rumours. Not doubting you but I am not seeing anything about this on there.

But would not be surprised at all if it was the case. But maybe Sony or in the same boat, if both are struggling they should get together and agree to delay both consoles until 2021

Bojan11

The same goes for 3D audio, which has made me think a lot about marketing and presentation. Sony made a remarkable pitch for a revolution in 3D audio with PlayStation 5 with its Tempest Engine, talking about hundreds of audio sources accurately positioned in 3D space - yet Microsoft has essentially made the same pitch with its own hardware, which also has the HRTF support that the Tempest Engine has. Microsoft hasn't made any specific promises about mapping 3D audio to the individual's specific HRTF, but then again, Sony hasn't really told us how it plans to get that data for each player. I'll be interested to see how this all shakes out once the consoles are out and software is available.
Marketing you see that @afrocentricity. Stop falling for buzzwords.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Do both.

I fancy a laugh.
Hmm ok. Top 10 games ever is tough. This isn't in any particular order, and I've probably forgotten loads.

1. Metal Gear Solid
2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. Super Metroid
5. Metroid Prime
6. Resident Evil 4
7. Goldeneye 007
8. Super Mario 64
9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
10. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

This Generation;

1. Zelda: BOTW
2. God of War
3. Bloodborne
4. Resident Evil 2: Remake
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
7. Final Fantasy VII: Remake
8. Super Mario: Odyssey
9. Resident Evil 7
10. Apex Legends - not normally a game I'd include in a best of list but I've played nearly 4,000 games now so better had.

Bojan11

Hmm ok. Top 10 games ever is tough. This isn't in any particular order, and I've probably forgotten loads.

1. Metal Gear Solid
2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. Super Metroid
5. Metroid Prime
6. Resident Evil 4
7. Goldeneye 007
8. Super Mario 64
9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
10. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

This Generation;

1. Zelda: BOTW
2. God of War
3. Bloodborne
4. Resident Evil 2: Remake
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
7. Final Fantasy VII: Remake
8. Super Mario: Odyssey
9. Resident Evil 7
10. Apex Legends - not normally a game I'd include in a best of list but I've played nearly 4,000 games now so better had.
Who the feck does that list belong to?

And don’t say you played oblivion on the PS3. Surprised you liked Resi 7 that much. It’s a solid list, if it belongs to you and I have nothing against you for including a multiplayer game in that list. I would include Halo 2 or team fortress for multiplayer. COD 4 was good too.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-xbox-series-x-silicon-hot-chips-analysis

There’s your summary mate.

The chip of the series x costs the same as Xbox one x, which was 499 dollars. Sony’s 3D audios are buzzwords because they have nothing else.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
No I actually played Oblivion on the 360, must have put over 200 hours into it. I was torn between that and Morrowind really. Both amazing games. Resident Evil 7 I really enjoyed after the disaster that was 6, though the last segment of the game was pretty naff.

Cheers, I'll have a look now.

Bojan11

No I actually played Oblivion on the 360, must have put over 200 hours into it. I was torn between that and Morrowind really. Both amazing games. Resident Evil 7 I really enjoyed after the disaster that was 6, though the last segment of the game was pretty naff.

Cheers, I'll have a look now.
That’s good. I assumed you played the crappy PS3 version.

Bojan11

I also am enjoying the banter. But appears to be only @Bojan11 making the effort. I enjoy console wars, I have no idea why
I like both consoles and Switch. But don’t like @esmufc07 anymore, so I’m going to make it my mission to annoy him. The only thing going for him is he’s a United fan.

He tried to ban me when he was a mod and stole my ideas of a gaming section including the rounded fonts. I respected him, but then he lost my respect when he started trying to hurt my good friends @Alock1 livelihood by spreading false propaganda over Xbox. Lock works for MS and I’m not going to have someone spread false stuff on a project he’s worked on for years. Then he got that flying rat @Mr Pigeon involved. That was desperation at its finest.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I like both consoles and Switch. But don’t like @esmufc07 anymore, so I’m going to make it my mission to annoy him. The only thing going for him is he’s a United fan.

He tried to ban me when he was a mod and stole my ideas of a gaming section including the rounded fonts. I respected him, but then he lost my respect when he started trying to hurt my good friends @Un livelihood by spreading false propaganda over Xbox. Lock works for MS and I’m not going to have someone spread false stuff on a project he’s worked on for years. Then he got that flying rat @Mr Pigeon involved. That was desperation at its finest.
He sounds like a bad ‘un alright. Keep fighting the good fight

Bojan11

I’m watching that vid and no way it costs less than 599 considering how DF are explaining that costs for parts are rising and someone is eventually going to have to pay for them. The chip alone costs the same as the Xbox one x. This looks like it’s going to be priced premium, whilst the S will be the cheaper alternative for someone who wants to just get into gamepass.

@esmufc07 time to get a second job.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

He tried to ban me when he was a mod and stole my ideas of a gaming section including the rounded fonts. I respected him, but then he lost my respect when he started trying to hurt my good friends @Alock1 livelihood by spreading false propaganda over Xbox. Lock works for MS and I’m not going to have someone spread false stuff on a project he’s worked on for years. Then he got that flying rat @Mr Pigeon involved. That was desperation at its finest.
Listen pal feck off. Not this week. A week of absolutely hectic shite that has made not only my first grey hair come in but all across my temples. I've aged ten years in the space of five fecking days, and to cap it off five minutes ago my fecking power supply dying on my PC and frying everything. So take your "banter" and shove it up your Xbox fanboi arse. One dimensional folk like you make me sick

@esmufc07 is an absolute fecking saint. When he and I were spooning last night in our matching Spyro jammies we were talking about how much of a cocknose you are. Kojima kept coming up for air mid-slurp and told me that you are just a typical fanboi who can't accept that PlayStation is better in literally every single way. I think, I don't speak Japanese.

Bojan11

Listen pal feck off. Not this week. A week of absolutely hectic shite that has made not only my first grey hair come in but all across my temples. I've aged ten years in the space of five fecking days, and to cap it off five minutes ago my fecking power supply dying on my PC and frying everything. So take your "banter" and shove it up your Xbox fanboi arse. One dimensional folk like you make me sick

@esmufc07 is an absolute fecking saint. When he and I were spooning last night in our matching Spyro jammies we were talking about how much of a cocknose you are. Kojima kept coming up for air mid-slurp and told me that you are just a typical fanboi who can't accept that PlayStation is better in literally every single way. I think, I don't speak Japanese.
You are bald, so don’t give me that nonsense about grey hair. I didn’t know wigs can change colour over time.

I am sure you and Elvis were doing a lot of spooning. Keep whatever happens between you private, nobody wants to hear that. Also nice to see I’m pillow talk for the pair of you. I’m doing my job if I made it in the pillow talk section rather than dinner table.

You were speaking to Kojima? Tell him death stranding put me to sleep just like your posts.

Also Mass Effect Andromeda was the best mass effect in the series. Shame your pigeon head slammed it before actually playing it.

I have a solution for your PC dying and it’s called Xbox. But we don’t want riff raff like you in our online games shouting all verbals.

Bojan11

I'll make sure you're permabanned into oblivion you jumped up little shit.
Try me numpty. If I’m banned, I am taking Geco with me and we forming our own Xbox forum.

You couldn’t deal with Geco last time, so like a typical pigeon had to put him on ignore because he had the argument won. Typical cowards way out.

Then you created a thread to say you are leaving, so people beg you to stay. Sad really. You got pwned pretty badly there that he made you want to leave. You turned into a snowflake. I bet you were praying that I posted in that thread begging you to stay. I wanted you to leave.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I am on resetera most days, as bad as that place can be it is usually good for latest news and rumours. Not doubting you but I am not seeing anything about this on there.

But would not be surprised at all if it was the case. But maybe Sony or in the same boat, if both are struggling they should get together and agree to delay both consoles until 2021
This wasn't from public domain mate.

Agreed obviously been a turbulent year and console launches aren't an easy thing at the best of times. Fingers crossed all comes together.

Bojan11

This wasn't from public domain mate.

Agreed obviously been a turbulent year and console launches aren't an easy thing at the best of times. Fingers crossed all comes together.
How are we looking at the price?

Ainu

@Bojan11 @Alock1 Do you think MS will target a huge third party game to be on Game Pass quite soon? To make up for the Halo bad news?

Cyb...
What would be the added value for CD Projekt Red though? They are virtually guaranteed absolute monster sales at a retail price of €69.99, they certainly don't need the additional exposure you might get from being on Game Pass. Financially I dont see the draw for them there. That's not a dig at MS or Game Pass by the way, just me struggling to see the logic.

Bojan11

@Bojan11 @Alock1 Do you think MS will target a huge third party game to be on Game Pass quite soon? To make up for the Halo bad news?

Cyb...
According to Jeff Grubb that big third party is sadly EA. The EA sub will prob link up with gamepass.

EA play is better on Xbox because you get the last gen games like fight night, skate and Dead space games. I was hoping for something better. If they can get Mass Effect remaster on gamepass without the typical 6 hour trial period, which EA have on their service that would be huge.

With Cyberpunk best they can do is money hat that, so they get next gen upgrade first as they do have partnership for that. They actually done that with the new Yakuza. That’s always been a PS franchise. Next gen version is coming to Series X at launch and PS5 next year.

Bojan11

No idea I don't work for MS

Not yet anyway
You can PM me it.

You can stop the facade with me as I know you work for them. As only a MS employee or insane person would hype on about project spark or Kinect. That’s when I worked it out you worked for MS. Lock was one of the protagonists for Halo, but you knew that way before game was announced. Hence your forum name. Also lockheart is the nickname for Xbox S. Who is Scarlett?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
You can PM me it.

You can stop the facade with me as I know you work for them. As only a MS employee or insane person would hype on about project spark or Kinect. That’s when I worked it out you worked for MS. Lock was one of the protagonists for Halo, but you knew that way before game was announced. Hence your forum name. Also lockheart is the nickname for Xbox S. Who is Scarlett?
Alock1s real name is Phil Spencer iirc.