g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bojan11

It’s not a good idea and it’s already causing development problems (see Halo).

If you have a current gen Xbox what’s the reason to upgrade? (To the S, X is clearly a big upgrade)
Eh you muppet it’s not this console that is causing the problem. It’s the 2013 console with the crappy jaguar that is causing the problems for Halo. So stop talking shit.

This console is perfect for those yearly cod, Fifa or even Fortnite players that want a cheap entry point to next gen with 1080p.

S is mainly here to sell gamepass. Did you not do business studies at school? I did even though we messed about for the whole first year. You can’t sell gamepass primary on a £499 machine or tell people to build PCs for it which probably cost the same or more to play the games on gamepass. Series S is there so people have a cheap alternative. If MS want gamepass to be the Netflix of gaming then they need to have a cheap route into it.

Bojan11

It is basically done. £499 here most likely. Now interesting to see how much Sony sell the PS5 for.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Eh you muppet it’s not this console that is causing the problem. It’s the 2013 console with the crappy jaguar that is causing the problems for Halo. So stop talking shit.

This console is perfect for those yearly cod, Fifa or even Fortnite players that want a cheap entry point to next gen with 1080p.

S is mainly here to sell gamepass. Did you not do business studies at school? I did even though we messed about for the whole first year. You can’t sell gamepass primary on a £499 machine or tell people to build PCs for it which probably cost the same or more to play the games on gamepass. Series S is there so people have a cheap alternative. If MS want gamepass to be the Netflix of gaming then they need to have a cheap route into it.
But if they just want 1080p and gamepass where is the incentive to upgrade from your current console? Surely you’d be better off keeping your One X ?

Bojan11

But if they just want 1080p and gamepass where is the incentive to upgrade from your current console? Surely you’d be better off keeping your One X ?
Play the next gen only games that will launch on these consoles only. Eventually after a while developers will start to ditch PS4 and Xbox one. This machine should run next gen only games albeit scaled down in performance.

If MS market it properly then it could outsell the main console. People see £299 and that price is going to grab attention. It’s good they also offering a monthly plan.

Besides anyone who bought a one x will most likely buy Xbox series X. I wish also MS would have had different names. Xbox Scarlett would have been better. Just like Xbox Scorpio. I’m tired of this X nonsense.

Bojan11

Presumably won’t be more expensive. They may be willing to subsidise the digital PS5 a little more though. £399/£499?
Maybe. Just convenient how they leaked the Series S, prices and release date. Either they got wind of what Sony is offering, so leaked their own prices or they just eventually got fed up.

This is just a very strange leak. It’s not like someone took a pic from factory. Just seems planned.

And yeah it most likely will cost £499.

MuFc_1992

Play the next gen only games that will launch on these consoles only. Eventually after a while developers will start to ditch PS4 and Xbox one. This machine should run next gen only games albeit scaled down in performance.

If MS market it properly then it could outsell the main console. People see £299 and that price is going to grab attention. It’s good they also offering a monthly plan.

Besides anyone who bought a one x will most likely buy Xbox series X. I wish also MS would have had different names. Xbox Scarlett would have been better. Just like Xbox Scorpio. I’m tired of this X nonsense.
Yeah, they really need to up their naming gaming. It's been seriously confusing to keep track of Xbox One X, Xbox series X and Xbox series S when posting in this thread.

Bojan11

So he’s implying that it’s still going to happen.

Castia

299 for the lower end model is great. I can see people picking it up just to use as a gamepass machine for this generation even alongside a PS5.

Leg-End

More than reasonable prices, if Sony match that at the top end then I’m happy. It’s going to be affordable to have both if people feel the need.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
299 for the lower end model is great. I can see people picking it up just to use as a gamepass machine for this generation even alongside a PS5.
Yeah I may do that myself in the summer depending on how it’s received. I do expect Sony to push PS Now a lot harder this gen though.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Seems really good pricing on both consoles considering what's in the box.

Can see a lot of people going for those finance options, they're decent value and gets people onboard with gamepass and live.

Traub

So is Xbox Series S the same as the X except just at lower graphics i.e. there won't be issues running any of the next gen games, just that you won't have 4K?

Alock1

So is Xbox Series S the same as the X except just at lower graphics i.e. there won't be issues running any of the next gen games, just that you won't have 4K?
Supposedly yes plus no disk drive.

Parma Dewol

Wasn't keen on being an early adopter of Xbox Series X or the PS5, but at $299 the Xbox Series S is tempting. Like the fact that it's so small and would cover a multitude of usage scenarios. 4K streaming, 1080p60 gaming, and with my nieces starting to get into gaming, it's compact enough for them to borrow.

Last edited:

Traub

Wasn't keen on being an early adopter of Xbox One Series X or the PS5, but at $299 the Xbox One Series S is tempting. Like the fact that it's so small and would cover a multitude of usage scenarios. 4K streaming, 1080p60 gaming, and with my nieces starting to get into gaming, it's compact enough for them to borrow.
Same thinking for me. I've always preferred PS, but I skipped the last gen and now want to get back into it. I don't have much time to game, so the cheaper option looks like a good starting point - especially since I'll probably end up not playing in the long run and will just give it to my nephews.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Same thinking for me. I've always preferred PS, but I skipped the last gen and now want to get back into it. I don't have much time to game, so the cheaper option looks like a good starting point - especially since I'll probably end up not playing in the long run and will just give it to my nephews.
I think for people like you the S is perfect as it’s a cheap entry point and with gamepass you’ll have access to a ton of games for a small monthly fee.

Bojan11

What else do you think they have cooking? Free Xbox Live we know is coming.
Has to be something game related. All these services are great. But with Halo missing there’s a big gap. If they can get something like Mass Effect trilogy as timed exclusive then that would be big as ME started on Xbox and the franchise made its name there. Just like FF belongs to PS, ME is a franchise that I associate with Xbox.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Has to be something game related. All these services are great. But with Halo missing there’s a big gap. If they can get something like Mass Effect trilogy as timed exclusive then that would be big as ME started on Xbox and the franchise made its name there. Just like FF belongs to PS, ME is a franchise that I associate with Xbox.
If they announced a remake of theme hospital I’d switch to Xbox no problem.

Alock1

feck. Yeah, did not expect £250. Very accessible.

PS5 S at £350 minimum, maybe £400?