Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
You can PM me it.

You can stop the facade with me as I know you work for them. As only a MS employee or insane person would hype on about project spark or Kinect. That’s when I worked it out you worked for MS. Lock was one of the protagonists for Halo, but you knew that way before game was announced. Hence your forum name. Also lockheart is the nickname for Xbox S. Who is Scarlett?
It's an amazing theory! If only I wasn't on the podcast and people here knew my full name already.

Bojan11

It's an amazing theory! If only I wasn't on the podcast and people here knew my full name already.
Fake name. Not like anyone has seen your passport. How do we even know if that’s you on the podcast? Could have sent one of your minions.

Just answer, where do Scarlett and Scorpio fit in this? Do they post on the forum too?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Fake name. Not like anyone has seen your passport. How do we even know if that’s you on the podcast? Could have sent one of your minions.

Just answer, where do Scarlett and Scorpio fit in this? Do they post on the forum too?
Its the same guy and he got banned some time back

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
As far as a console goes, I think it looks nice btw.
Yeah it's boring, but thats exactly what I want a box, tucked away in my TV unit to look like

Bojan11

@Alock1

Way too late for this game. Since leaving Bungie he’s been at MS since 2014, so it’s crazy they haven’t asked him when they started this game to be the lead.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Does the x box lie down? No chance it’d fit anywhere if it didn’t (not that I’ll get it anyway).

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I mean, Gamescom gave it's Best Game award to something that isn't even out yet but fair enough.

Does the x box lie down? No chance it’d fit anywhere if it didn’t (not that I’ll get it anyway).
It better otherwise I have nowhere to put it.

Bojan11

May aswell wait for the redesign seeing as there are no games exclusive to it for the first 2 years at least....
Firstly .... @afrocentricity owns the rights to that. Did you ask his permission to use ....?

Secondly, after last nights debacle you are not welcome in this thread anymore. I announce that @Mr Pigeon is the new head troll of this thread. You went over the top and we xboxers have come to a collective decision that we do not want you in this thread. So adios please.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Firstly .... @afrocentricity owns the rights to that. Did you ask his permission to use ....?

Secondly, after last nights debacle you are not welcome in this thread anymore. I announce that @Mr Pigeon is the new head troll of this thread. You went over the top and we xboxers have come to a collective decision that we do not want you in this thread. So adios please.
Farking yaaaaaasss.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Already have a tv sufficient for this. Searched for ages for a 4k 60hz monitor for a secondary setup as my tv is the main household one. Just couldn’t settle on one for a reasonable price, even resonably priced ones had too many shortcomings.

Ended up pre-ordering the 4k 144hz Eve Spectrum. Bit of a gamble and longer wait, but if the reviews end up shit I’ll just cancel the pre-order as it is refundable. We shall see. If it does tick all the boxes as it suggests, it will prob end up my main setup in the end!

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Already have a tv sufficient for this. Searched for ages for a 4k 60hz monitor for a secondary setup as my tv is the main household one. Just couldn’t settle on one for a reasonable price, even resonably priced ones had too many shortcomings.

Ended up pre-ordering the 4k 144hz Eve Spectrum. Bit of a gamble and longer wait, but if the reviews end up shit I’ll just cancel the pre-order as it is refundable. We shall see. If it does tick all the boxes as it suggests, it will prob end up my main setup in the end!
Interesting choice.
A lot of money for a bit of unknown.

I've seen this pop up on my facebook lately though.
Hope you enjoy

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Interesting choice.
A lot of money for a bit of unknown.

I've seen this pop up on my facebook lately though.
Hope you enjoy
Potentially ya. In fairness I was looking at a LG 750something, similar money but not as future proof. Trusting the Eve community and a lot of the updates already provided. Fingers crossed!

Bojan11

Price has been revealed according to windows central.

We can confirm via our sources that the entry-level Xbox Series S will cost $299 at retail, with a $25 per month Xbox All Access financing option, which Microsoft is planning to push hard via various retailers and a large global roll out. The more powerful Xbox Series X will cost $499, with a $35 per month Xbox All Access financing option.

Both consoles will launch on November 10, 2020.
https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox...ies-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed

Your move Sony.

MuFc_1992

Seems to be a clever move on Microsoft's part to capture the market of parents who don't want to spend a fortune on console for their kids. I'd be somewhat tempted to get this instead of ps5 just to play next gen Fifa and only thing that is stopping me from getting definitively going with this is PS5 exclusives.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good idea to come out with low end and high end models but I definitely won't be opting for the former. Hence PS is the easy choice for me. But in terms of the market, it is a good move. Let's see if people prefer this or the physical or digital option Don't is offering

MuFc_1992

$299 is a good price point for a next gen console that isn’t next gen.
Shouldn't matter too much if it runs the same games just at lower resolution. Also, It could be targeting people who still have 1080p TV's and don't want to upgrade it yet.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Shouldn't matter too much if it runs the same games just at lower resolution. Also, It could be targeting people who still have 1080p TV's and don't want to upgrade it yet.
It’s not a good idea and it’s already causing development problems (see Halo).

If you have a current gen Xbox what’s the reason to upgrade? (To the S, X is clearly a big upgrade)

MuFc_1992

It’s not a good idea and it’s already causing development problems (see Halo).

If you have a current gen Xbox what’s the reason to upgrade?
If it's exactly same system with 4 tflops Gpu's than I don't see how it would cause development problem unless they are struggling to run 4k with Xbox Series X. In my experience with PC gaming if you run a game at 4k than you'd require 4 times more powerful gpu to get exactly same frame rate assuming there is no CPU bottleneck at lower resolution so, Xbox Series S should easily run any Xbox Series S game that's meant to run at 4k at 1080p.

Last edited:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
If it's exactly same system with 4 tflops Gpu's than I don't see how it would cause development problem unless they are struggling to run 4k with Xbox Series X. In my experience with PC gaming if you run a game at 4k than you'd require 4 times more powerful gpu to get exactly same frame rate assuming there is no CPU bottleneck at lower resolution so, Xbox Series S should easily run any Xbox Series S game that's meant to run at 4k at 1080p.
Maybe. I’m no tech wizard so perhaps I’m wrong. Be interesting to see how the S is received and whether it will eat into Sony’s sales or sales of the Series X (can imagine a lot of kids asking their parents for the new Xbox and ending up with the S!)