Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cant disagree. And yet I still can’t help but continuously excited about the prospect of a new Elder Scrolls. Skyrim was just an incredible game for me and one that I still play. I basically just need more of the same in a slightly updated package. Fallout 4 on the other hand I didn’t enjoy at all. Boring gameplay, poor characters, not many memorable locations. Personally think this looks very much Fallout in Space which just doesn’t massively appeal to me personally. Having said that when I do pick up an Xbox down the line I’ll certainly give it a go.
didn't you get tired or raiding dungeons and caves?

I've been giving Outer Worlds a go on GamePass.

Nothing particularly new to the formula but decent. The dialogue is quite good which is lucky because there's a shit ton of it. The world feels quite convincing. Not enough combat.

Nothing particularly new to the formula but decent. The dialogue is quite good which is lucky because there's a shit ton of it. The world feels quite convincing. Not enough combat.
I thought the world felt quite dead and on rails. Stopped playing it because of this in the end. Hopefully the next one will be better though. The premise is great.

The writing and world is most of what carried me through the game. Definitely worth playing imo, I think the criticism it received was very harsh.

The writing and world is most of what carried me through the game. Definitely worth playing imo, I think the criticism it received was very harsh.
Huh? It's reception was overwhelmingly positive, it's still generally well regarded and it received several nominations and awards at events like The Game Awards and DICE Awards. The most common criticism I've seen is that it feels a little too safe and familiar and that the combat isn't great, which is fair enough.

I really liked The Outer Worlds. I found it slightly too easy though. As a hoarder who likes to explore everywhere it was way too simple to stock up on the med kits/ammo etc. Meant I had way too much money to worry about spending as I could just sell loads of stuff I didn't use or need.

But the writing and worlds were really cool and the companions were varied and fleshed out.

Huh? It's reception was overwhelmingly positive, it's still generally well regarded and it received several nominations and awards at events like The Game Awards and DICE Awards. The most common criticism I've seen is that it feels a little too safe and familiar and that the combat isn't great, which is fair enough.

I feel like I've seen a lot more negativity than positivity on this forum and others. Could be just me.

I’ve gone back to Tunic but finding it impossible to get past armored turrets now. I am very keen on going through the game without an aid of any online guides, is it doable?

I think Outer Worlds was proper average. Decent writing, decent enough characters, a truly crap world and gameplay. For me, that game with combat like Rage 2 is an instant classic, but the gunplay makes even Fallout look good.

I’ve gone back to Tunic but finding it impossible to get past armored turrets now. I am very keen on going through the game without an aid of any online guides, is it doable?

Sure it's doable until you get to the end game puzzles and then you'll say feck this I'm an adult and don't have infinite free time to figure this BS out.

If it's the turret I'm thinking of that's flanked by a body of water, use your shield to carefully get close to it. Then repeat the process 20 times after you keep dying.

Sure it's doable until you get to the end game puzzles and then you'll say feck this I'm an adult and don't have infinite free time to figure this BS out.

If it's the turret I'm thinking of that's flanked by a body of water, use your shield to carefully get close to it. Then repeat the process 20 times after you keep dying.

I got it done. The biggest issue I have is with memorizing where I have been on the map and knowing where to go next, sometimes I will just wander pointlessly. Also, I learned about fast travel platforms about 5 hours into the game. I am in no rush to finish the game though so I will probably take it slowly and enjoy it as it is.

I got it done. The biggest issue I have is with memorizing where I have been on the map and knowing where to go next, sometimes I will just wander pointlessly. Also, I learned about fast travel platforms about 5 hours into the game. I am in no rush to finish the game though so I will probably take it slowly and enjoy it as it is.
It doesn’t count because @Vidyoyo told you how to do it. Basically an online guide for that part. The dream is over.

It doesn’t count because @Vidyoyo told you how to do it. Basically an online guide for that part. The dream is over.

Yeah I have also used guides a couple of times since.

I love how this game can change so significantly with that one random thing you discover. Found the grappling hook yesterday, it basically opened up additional 30% of the map it feels like.

I think Outer Worlds was proper average. Decent writing, decent enough characters, a truly crap world and gameplay. For me, that game with combat like Rage 2 is an instant classic, but the gunplay makes even Fallout look good.
Yes, the combat is a bit disappointing. The variety of enemies has to be a joke. Very low effort.

I haven't found myself too arsed by it as I've enjoyed the quests and writing.

Yeah I have also used guides a couple of times since.

I love how this game can change so significantly with that one random thing you discover. Found the grappling hook yesterday, it basically opened up additional 30% of the map it feels like.
I’ve not played it. Do have it downloaded though.

I've been trying to get all the achievements in cuphead but I'll have to admit defeat. Too tough for me. At least, I finished it on regular mode, but getting a S rank is beyond me.

Forget what I said, I did it.

I got every achievement in Cuphead! I now have every achievement in the base game and DLC.

It took me over two hours, today, to get the S rank that I needed. My hands were hurting at the end of it.

The insane thing when I got the S rank the achievement didn't pop. So, I had to spend another 30 minutes doing it again. I can't remember an achievement not popping, for me before this. And of all the ones to fail...I could have cried.

Anyway, happy to have finished it and that's me done with Cuphead. Here is the vid of the moment I got it.

Forget what I said, I did it.

I got every achievement in Cuphead! I now have every achievement in the base game and DLC.

It took me over two hours, today, to get the S rank that I needed. My hands were hurting at the end of it.

The insane thing when I got the S rank the achievement didn't pop. So, I had to spend another 30 minutes doing it again. I can't remember an achievement not popping, for me before this. And of all the ones to fail...I could have cried.

Anyway, happy to have finished it and that's me done with Cuphead. Here is the vid of the moment I got it.

Congrats!

I still can't believe people buy these things. They're so insanely expensive when you can a) manage your games using a cheaper HDD, and b) just not install so many games at once because holy shit just finish the frigging game you're playing first.
I've never run into any problems either but it's easy if you just play singleplayer games and just move on when you've finished one. I guess a lot of people have a couple of mammoth online games with enormous updates installed on their consoles.

I've never run into any problems either but it's easy if you just play singleplayer games and just move on when you've finished one. I guess a lot of people have a couple of mammoth online games with enormous updates installed on their consoles.

True. I kept getting regular updates for Halo Infinite until I figured I don't play it enough to warrant the hard drive space and deleted it.

I sometimes wonder if developers realise/care about how annoying forced updates are? Forza Horizon was pretty bad for it too

True. I kept getting regular updates for Halo Infinite until I figured I don't play it enough to warrant the hard drive space and deleted it.

I sometimes wonder if developers realise/care about how annoying forced updates are? Forza Horizon was pretty bad for it too
Most PC lanuchers have an option not to update until you launch the game. Nothing buried in the options menu of xbox?

My Game Pass ran out yesterday so I stacked 36 months of Gold and upgraded to Ultimate. The Gold was on offer for £36 and Ultimate was £10.99, so £120 for three years. Quite a big outlay all at once but worth it to have it there until 2025.

Gimme a couple of belting titles between now and Xmas and I'll be a happy camper. That High on Life looks fun.

My Game Pass ran out yesterday so I stacked 36 months of Gold and upgraded to Ultimate. The Gold was on offer for £36 and Ultimate was £10.99, so £120 for three years. Quite a big outlay all at once but worth it to have it there until 2025.

Gimme a couple of belting titles between now and Xmas and I'll be a happy camper. That High on Life looks fun.
So you won't be a happy camper.

Its a pretty lean year for games alright. Cant think of anything I'm really excited for.

Looking at the release calendar its basically god of war and midnight sun by the xcom developer. Cant see anything else. I'd be surprised if Suicide Squad or Breath of the Wild 2 get released this year.

Anyone with a near expiring/expired gamepass

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/3-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-card-xbox-one360-3967009

Can get 3 years of Ultimate for around 45quid ish aslong as you have an inactive membership at the time of completing.

• Buy 9x 3months gold, you may only be able to buy 2x per order. Just purchase again & again.
  • Redeem 3months, making sure you have a payment method on your microsoft account & then enable reccuring payments for an additional month.
  • Cancel Recurring
  • Redeem again/cancel repeat - adding a free month each time.
  • On your 9th one, it won't allow you to accept the free month so turn it off.
  • Buy a month of Ultimate off Ebay, I purchased for £1.40 - only redeemable on accounts with no active Ultimate.
This will then convert to 2 years 11 months ish.

Anyone with a near expiring/expired gamepass

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/3-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-card-xbox-one360-3967009

Can get 3 years of Ultimate for around 45quid ish aslong as you have an inactive membership at the time of completing.

• Buy 9x 3months gold, you may only be able to buy 2x per order. Just purchase again & again.
  • Redeem 3months, making sure you have a payment method on your microsoft account & then enable reccuring payments for an additional month.
  • Cancel Recurring
  • Redeem again/cancel repeat - adding a free month each time.
  • On your 9th one, it won't allow you to accept the free month so turn it off.
  • Buy a month of Ultimate off Ebay, I purchased for £1.40 - only redeemable on accounts with no active Ultimate.
This will then convert to 2 years 11 months ish.
That’s very cheap. Not sure I could be arsed though :lol: