Yerry Mina - Everton Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If Smalling is snail, then most other CBs will be just stationary rocks. Not sure what you have been watching if you think he is slow. Clumsy maybe, but slow????
still disagree but let's say "slow to react"

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'd love to see you watching a snail.

Smalling wins the races in training and often keeps up with fast forwards
well I reckon he's looks fast on the pitch because Jones is even slower

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Barca got very lucky, clearly he doesn’t have the mentality to play at a big club, and they want rid - he scores some goals at the WC and a PL club throw £30m at him. They must be laughing their socks off, treble their money in 6 months on a player they don’t even want!
Love how people proclaim to know this just because a young player was unable to break into one of the best sides in world football.

Enigma_87

You know who
not only is he slow, he's also slow to react
He isn't slow, but would agree to that. His response and agility levels are rather poor, along with his ability on the ball, tendency to slow our build up from behind and occasional brainfart.

He is fast, especially on long run and also is good in the air.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Barca got very lucky, clearly he doesn’t have the mentality to play at a big club, and they want rid - he scores some goals at the WC and a PL club throw £30m at him. They must be laughing their socks off, treble their money in 6 months on a player they don’t even want!
I'm not sure this is true. I'm sure they are happy with the profit but I'm not sure he's leaving due to his mentality. I read that he is leaving as Barca need to make way for another non - EU player in the shape of Vidal. I think it is just to facilitate their register of non EU players.

Ekeke

well I reckon he's looks fast on the pitch because Jones is even slower
Jones certainly seems to have lost some pace, at one point he was almost as fast as Smalling but now not so much. But I'm not comparing Smalling to Jones, I'm comparing him to fast forwards who never get away from him

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Jones certainly seems to have lost some pace, at one point he was almost as fast as Smalling but now not so much. But I'm not comparing Smalling to Jones, I'm comparing him to fast forwards who never get away from him
Nah. Jones, a player Smalling doesn't even pair up with all that often, makes Smalling appear quicker than he is, even when Jones isn't on the pitch. Clearly... :houllier:

Smalling has weaknesses, but pace isn't one of them.

WPMUFC

"Top Belgian paper" is kinda funny :) It's probably the worst paper, all celebrity and gossip. Kristof Terreur is a decent source though.
Fair point, probably should've worded it differently. Tad over-excitment to see concrete Toby reporting and no Mina bids :)

thanks for picking me on that.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Love how people proclaim to know this just because a young player was unable to break into one of the best sides in world football.
He had an interview in which he said Barca was too much and he wants to join a team with less pressure where he can get minutes, big clubs aren't likely to offer him that after his stint at Barca.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
well, I've only been watching since about 1968. smalling is a liability for one major reason: he can't defend, but yes he is slow too
Maybe watch a little bit closer.
Smalling is not a slow player. Unless you mean mentally!

Revan

Assumptionman
Never been into Smallcafe religion, but saying Smalling is slow is absolutely ridiculous. He is very fast, despite being a giant.

Loublaze

ATLien
what? smalling is a snail
Smalling is one of the fastest CBs in world football.

Article from 2015/2016 season.

Chris Smalling was one of Manchester United's fastest players in the Premier League last season.

He recorded a sprint speed of 34.47kmh during the trip to West Brom, which was the fifth-fastest sprint recorded through the season.

Anthony Martial , as expected, was the quickest of the lot, according to Opta data published by Manchester United.

He broke Wayne Rooney's 2014/15 record of 35kmh with a 35.25kmh speed during the 3-3 draw with Newcastle back in January.

Man of the moment Marcus Rashford was just unable to break the 35kmh threshold, hitting 34.83kmh in the win over Crystal Palace at Old Trafford, giving him second place.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/chris-smalling-one-manchester-uniteds-8075725

Slow indeed!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
what? smalling is a snail
I honestly don't understand this. How could anybody actual watch us play and be this far off about a player who has been in our starting team for the majority of the last four seasons?

Smalling is significantly faster than any of our centrebacks other than maybe Bailly (and Smalling is probably faster than him too). Indeed, he's one of the fastest central defenders in the league. Because of his sheer size he doesn't have the explosive acceleration off the mark that Bailly has and he can take a couple of steps to really get going if he's turned, but he's fast enough that 90% of the time he quickly makes that back up.

Nick7

Never been into Smallcafe religion, but saying Smalling is slow is absolutely ridiculous. He is very fast, despite being a giant.
Is this a thing now? For all of our players? Christ, things really are bad on here.

WPMUFC

mina has been using our name from the first bunch of rumours to up his fee and wage. i bet you that we never even explore the option

RedNed77

The sooner this thread gets that little padlock next to it with him signing for somebody not called Manchester United, the better.

mina has been using our name from the first bunch of rumours to up his fee and wage. i bet you that we never even explore the option
I’m certain this is correct. He’s not in any way the profile of player we want, we need a player who can go straight into the team, not a project - we already have Bailly and Lindelof.

Too many people read rumours, and think there is truth in them, without actually doing any thinking for themselves.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
I honestly don't understand this. How could anybody actual watch us play and be this far off about a player who has been in our starting team for the majority of the last four seasons?

Smalling is significantly faster than any of our centrebacks other than maybe Bailly (and Smalling is probably faster than him too). Indeed, he's one of the fastest central defenders in the league. Because of his sheer size he doesn't have the explosive acceleration off the mark that Bailly has and he can take a couple of steps to really get going if he's turned, but he's fast enough that 90% of the time he quickly makes that back up.
He ain't faster than Baily.

AlwaysRed66

He is the sort of player relegation contenders would fight to sign. Have we fallen so low.

Ekeke

He is the sort of player relegation contenders would fight to sign. Have we fallen so low.
Also one of the first names on the team sheet of the team that finished 2nd last season.

Suggests you have no idea what you're talking about

Siorac

"Top Belgian paper" is kinda funny :) It's probably the worst paper, all celebrity and gossip. Kristof Terreur is a decent source though.
Doesn't the Sun have the largest circulation out of the daily newspapers in the UK? Or maybe it's the Metro now. Either way, point still stands: the top paper can be the worst one at the same time.

I have no idea about HLN's numbers though of course.

Siorac

Also one of the first names on the team sheet of the team that finished 2nd last season.

This isn't the Chris Smalling thread, man. Though I understand why you'd make that mistake.

prateik

Smalling is a snail. De Gea's reflexes are slow. Pogba is a midget. Lukaku needs to bulk up.

AlwaysRed66

Funny, I was under the impression he played five games for the Champions last year, but not good enough for them.

Ekeke

Funny, I was under the impression he played five games for the Champions last year, but not good enough for them.
My bad, thought you were continuing the discussion on Smalling. Makes more sense now :lol: Although I do still disagree with that being said about Mina too.

Status
Not open for further replies.