Yoann Gourcuff

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
And we're never going to build a successful team if we don't minimise the risk, that's the dilemma that's always there. If it wasn't we'd do a lot more risky but potentially very rewarding deals.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Of all the midfielders being linked with us, IMO this is the most likely we will sign IF we sign a midfielder.

He ticks many of the Manchester United transfer policy 2010 boxes:

-young talented player who can still be further developed

-player availability: high, after Bordeaux are out of the CL places. He's already won the league, won french player of the year and played in the CL for Bordeaux. I think it's safe to say this seems the time to leave.

-we need guile, he has guile and most importantly:

-of all the players linked, he'd probably cost least given the circumstances (not been very good in the league this year, team's not doing well, manager possibly leaving, little incentive to stay another year if big teams come calling), while still possessing the potential to be at even footing or higher compared to the other big name targets. VALUE.

It's on.

x42bn6

I don't think we'll sign him but he has to be more realistic than Benzema and David Silva.

Gourcuff isn't going to be at Bordeaux forever and even Bordeaux knew that when they signed him. Part of the reason they did was because it was near-guaranteed profit when he will be sold.

TonyMontana

I don't think we'll sign him but he has to be more realistic than Benzema and David Silva.

Gourcuff isn't going to be at Bordeaux forever and even Bordeaux knew that when they signed him. Part of the reason they did was because it was near-guaranteed profit when he will be sold.

People talking about Benzema/Silva/Gourcuff just make me laugh.

simon_xazza

Have only seen him in two or three games but looked impressive in them. Scored a wonderfull goal once aswell i remember, sorry if its posted already in the thread but I could watch this goal all day

MacMUFC

Of all the midfielders being linked with us, IMO this is the most likely we will sign IF we sign a midfielder.

He ticks many of the Manchester United transfer policy 2010 boxes:

-young talented player who can still be further developed

-player availability: high, after Bordeaux are out of the CL places. He's already won the league, won french player of the year and played in the CL for Bordeaux. I think it's safe to say this seems the time to leave.

-we need guile, he has guile and most importantly:

-of all the players linked, he'd probably cost least given the circumstances (not been very good in the league this year, team's not doing well, manager possibly leaving, little incentive to stay another year if big teams come calling), while still possessing the potential to be at even footing or higher compared to the other big name targets. VALUE.

It's on.
Correct, although you're forgetting one important thing. There's been no suggestion whatsoever that SAF wants him. Not even the annual story of "SAF admires _____ of ____FC"

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Have only seen him in two or three games but looked impressive in them. Scored a wonderfull goal once aswell i remember, sorry if its posted already in the thread but I could watch this goal all day
Ok, I saw enough, buy buy buy!!!

SecondFig

Correct, although you're forgetting one important thing. There's been no suggestion whatsoever that SAF wants him. Not even the annual story of "SAF admires _____ of ____FC"
Yep. Gourcuff is only really linked by fans, whenever journalists name players United are watching/interested in it's Hamsik, Modric, Sanchez, Di Maria etc. I've not seen a single even half respectable source linking us with Gourcuff.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
Let us pray ladies and gentlemen

Dear Lord

Please forgive my past indiscretions and make Fergie sign Gourcuff this summer. Also little Mickey Carrick and Owen need their bikes

Amen

anver

Shart stop
Sorry, blokes. We wont sign anybody. No value for money. Maybe next season, when prices come plummeting down, due to us not buying big.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Honestly you guys wouldn't like him. Yes he has incredible potential, yes when hes good he's very very good but when he's not he's Berbatov.

CROmanc

Me like tugging
Our biggest enemy is going space crazy through lon
Olympique Lyonnais President Jean-Michel Aulas: We Are Interested In Bordeaux’s Yoann Gourcuff

Following rumours earlier in the week that Olympique Lyonnais are interested in plundering Yoann Gourcuff from Girondins de Bordeaux, Jean Michel Aulas, president of les Gones, has not moved to dispel such talk and has in fact set tongues wagging to a greater extent.

With les Girondins poised to lose coach Laurent Blanc after this weekend’s final round of Ligue 1 matches, the future of Gourcuff at the Stade Chaban-Delmas has been thrown into severe doubt, and with a release clause in his deal, it has been suggested that the young playmaker, who wants Champions League football, is ready to move.

“Yoann Gourcuff has always been interested in OL,” Aulas proclaimed, according to Mercato365. “We had been in very strong talks when he moved to Milan [from Stade Rennais in 2006]. He was a topic of discussion when he returned to Bordeaux.

“For now we have not initiated talks, but it's true that he’s a player of that talent we are still interested in and I hope to go to South Africa to see him play for France.”

Release clause? Now that's interesting, anyone know (at least approx.) how much is it?

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
Olympique Lyonnais President Jean-Michel Aulas: We Are Interested In Bordeaux’s Yoann Gourcuff

Following rumours earlier in the week that Olympique Lyonnais are interested in plundering Yoann Gourcuff from Girondins de Bordeaux, Jean Michel Aulas, president of les Gones, has not moved to dispel such talk and has in fact set tongues wagging to a greater extent.

With les Girondins poised to lose coach Laurent Blanc after this weekend’s final round of Ligue 1 matches, the future of Gourcuff at the Stade Chaban-Delmas has been thrown into severe doubt, and with a release clause in his deal, it has been suggested that the young playmaker, who wants Champions League football, is ready to move.
:drool::drool: This is the transfer forum equivalent of getting to third base with Megan Fox in the backseat of a Ford Mondeo.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
It was me and apparently it's only 25 million euros. A steal if there ever was one.
if that's true and we're interested which teams would be our rivals for his signature?
I imagine City, maybe Chelsea, apparently Lyon..Arsenal? (if they lose Fabregas)...Don't think Barca will be interested, or RM. Some Italians for sure - Inter, Juventus.

Will be tough to get him.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I would indeed, *** myself silly if we got him...But we won't. Fergie won't sign a player post WC who's value is likely to rise ridiculously once the tournaments over. Especially since he's quite a prominent player for Les Blues right now with no Benzema or Vieira

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
It's not €25m; that sounds like the clause Milan put in the loan contract to make the move permanent. The buyout clause will be something like €40-50m (~£35-45m) if he has one, i.e. out of our range.
No read up. He insisted on having a low-ish buyout clause before he signed a new contract. I am 100% it's below 30 mill euros and I'm pretty sure it's around 25 mill euros.

EZee

Id love to see him at united... and if that price is true it wouldnt be impossible...

though if that price is true i image that the likes of real, chelsea and city would be interested and prepared to offer very high wages...

Alex

I can't find anything on L'Equipe which talks about a buyout clause... What makes you think it's 100% certain it's below that amount?
:lol: Yet your conjecture about it being 40-50 million is right...

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I can't find anything on L'Equipe which talks about a buyout clause... What makes you think it's 100% certain it's below that amount?
I've read it up on various sources. L'Equipe being one of them. I also remember him demanding they put in a relatively low buy out clause before he agreed a new deal (that was reported on Skysports.com). If you doubt it, go read it up.