Yokohama F·Marinos v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
2 excellent players. :D

edit: Note that Shinji refers to Shunsuke as Shun-san (in a non-joking manner). It is basically like calling someone 'Sir' in English. It is the opposite of 'kun', (eg. Sergio Kun Aguero, whom his friends called Kun due to the name of a character on a Japanese show they used to watch), which means 'boy' & is generally used for those of inferior stature (mostly youngsters).

Amazing, amazing attitude. Almost all Japanese are like that, but for Shinji - a millionaire, world famous superstar being abroad for a few years now - it is very nice to see.
San is just a polite for Mr. I remember contacting some time ago a Japanese university and the email reply (from a PhP professor) was calling me [my surname]-san. I think it is more a Japanese way rather than Shinji-san being super polite.

Anduin

Team according to Twatter:
De Gea
Fabio - Jones - Evans - Evra
Cleverley - Anderson
Zaha - Januzaj - Lingard
RVP

I'm quite excited now, great to see Moyes playing the kids!

Carrick apparently limping around yesterday in training, not in squad at all.

Brightonian

Cleverley was excellent against the A-league, noticeably authoritative and almost Carrick-like. He was probably the one 'running the match' more than anyone else. So it'll be interesting to see him do Carrick's job today (because let's face it, Anderson isn't going to.)

Havak

Pokemon master
Oh wow, didn't realise this was happening soon. Ill off work, but this will give me something to do rather than lay in bed :lol:

MPTutd

Great to see Januzaj getting time on the pitch with RVP. Gives a manager a better idea of how a player could do in the first time.

Annoys me when too many youngsters are played as it becomes the equivalent of the reserves.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
That's a really exciting lineup, hope it's true.

On a side note, when they gave Januzaj's year of birth during the game the other day, it hit me that he's the same age as my little brothers. It's incredible for a kid his age to be playing in games like this, travelling around the world and so on.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
That's such a stunning front 4 :drool: That intelligence!

This will be an entertaining display from our attack - I can already tell.

Brightonian

Fergie's 'tactical anarchy' and unpredictable line-ups must have been a nightmare for opposition managers, but they were pretty trying on the fans too sometimes! It's quite refreshing that Moyes keeps playing basically the straight-forward 'right' line-up.

binary bot
I take it this is being taken from Japanese broadcasters...spent the first 5 minutes staring at Shinji

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Do I take it we just conceeded a goal?

Yep. Within the first minute. Some guy, apparently Lingard, hit it from the half way line BACK to our defence but it was basically a perfect through pass for their striker. He took a shot, De Gea made a fantastic leap+save - went high in the air, they headed it back in danger area, and Marquinhos (sp) volleyed it in.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'd hate to play on this pitch - its just so fast. Passes are going to literally have to go to feet otherwise it'll just slip away.

Status
Not open for further replies.