You are the Chairman. What are you going to tell Van Gaal to prioritise?

Plugsy

The homoerortic undertones in the OP are strangely alluring.

Havak

Pokemon master
Top 4 finish required. Most fans will want/expect a sudden turnaround, but we've seen in the past that once you're out of the top four, it's hard to get back in. Liverpool did go from 7th to title challengers, so obviously we could, but that was with quite a settled team mostly from the season before and the manager had already been there. As of right now, before the season begins, I'd be over the moon with a top four finish to get us going again. Circumstances can change throughout the season, again as seen with Liverpool, who before the season would have snatched your hand off to finish 4th, but in the end were disappointed to finish 2nd.

As for purchases, we need two top midfield players and probably two or three defenders as well. Depending on which attacking players leave (Hernandez, Nani, Young, Kagawa, Zaha are all potentials IMO) we could need one more added - most fans would probably say a quality winger. But as of right now, it's not a priority. I'd only really want us to sign an offensive player if we sold three of those, for example, as Lingard and Wilson should get into the squad.

redtilldead123

The homoerortic undertones in the OP are strangely alluring.
The mod called Rimaldo added the paedophile option to the poll which was subsequently moderated away with the poll when it was removed entirely, nothing to do with me :)

Last edited:

Jaxa

"David stole the last one but I can assure you your new mouse mat is on it's way"

Rednotdead

You are the chairman. Van Gaal arrives for work and with a smile he sits down opposite you, puts the world cup trophy down on your desk and surveys your luxurious office.

He refuses the offer of a cigar. You stand up and walk to the window which overlooks the stadium, your hands clasped behind back. You turn to face your new manager and look him in the eye.

What are you going to tell Van Gaal?
You got it the wrong way round. You don't tell Van Gaal, he's the one who does the telling!!

redtilldead123

You got it the wrong way round. You don't tell Van Gaal, he's the one who does the telling!!
Perhaps to the media, but I suspect after putting all their faith in SAF giving the nod to Moyes, the board might want to get more involved in executive decision making from now on?

Distracted Steward

"Install a Total Football attacking identity.
Get into the top four.
Groom the youth.

As you go, tell me what you need so I can support you every step of the way.

Don't worry about getting to the bi-line. We've had a go at that, and it didn't work out."

Rednotdead

Perhaps to the media, but I suspect after putting all their faith in SAF giving the nod to Moyes, the board might want to get more involved in executive decision making from now on?
To be honest there's realistically only one priority possible next season and that's winning the title. Minimum expectation is top 4. I'd be surprised indeed if Van Gaal needed to be told that!

Maybe they didn't tell Moyes :rolleyes:

Miscemayl

Knocking Liverpool off their flipping perch.
Tough ask...

One perch we can't knock them off because they have not gotten back on yet

The other perch we can't knock them off (this season) because we're not in the competition..

#vanGaalOUT!

Plugsy

The mod called Rimaldo added the paedophile option to the poll which was subsequently moderated away with the poll when it was removed entirely, nothing to do with me :)
The homoeroticism has nothing to do with that

Will Absolute

I'd go to the safe hidden behind the picture of SAF, remove the glass jar with David Moyes's penis floating in solution, place it on the desk and say, "There's room in there for two."

Browniee

Punch Woody in the face and tell him "I'm running transfers now mother fu cker, Aiiiiiiiii"

Sad Chris

"This is your opportunity to rise from the ashes and grab glory!" (Shamelessly stolen from "We are Marshall")

Then LvG flops his balls on the table, before they have an awkward man-hug.

Suus

1st, Evaluate the team, pinpoint deadweight and replace with players who can actually perform.
2nd, Inspire the players.
3rd, Incorporate youngsters into the team.

Gopher Brown

All this should have been sorted out at the interview. This is Moyes all over again.

The most pertinent question should be what colour he wants his tacky American sportscar in - red or orange.