Your bet on break through player in Russia?

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Though this Russian side is like too weak to let him do much, i hope Alexander Golovin manages to have a good cup. He's a very promising midfielder with very good technical ability in both feet, smart distribution, strong workrate and quite versatile. He's at an ideal point of development right now for moving abroad to a better league, but i worry he'll take the comfort zone option like his teammate Dzagoev did after drawing attention at Euro 2012 and eventually stagnate.

Reactions: Penna

Who gives a...

Leon Goretzka - If he can get into the first team that is.

Hirving Lozano - Maybe not have quite the sames impact as James or Ozil - but will have a good World Cup and will be at a better club than PSV come September.

Bwuk

Glenn Murray, brought off the bench to score winners for Southgates Lions.

izec

Plenty of players could be possible, some mentioned already.

I expect something from Milinkovic Savic after his great season with Lazio, my best bet for teh next big thing emerging from a world cup. Also Uruguay has two young interesting midfield players from the Serie A, Torreira and Bentancur. Vrsaljko is also someone who could surprise a few, looked good at the end for Croatia.

deafepl

Rashford to win best young players award of 2018 world cup. If Kane still injured, Rashford has a chance, I hope he doesn't bottle it.

Timo Werner or Rashford.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Is this chap likely to move to Europe soon? Could he do a job at united?
He's probably going to move to Europe in the summer. Bayern were reportedly after him as a Rafinha replacement.

I don't know if he's good enough for United yet. Let's see how he does against Spain tomorrow.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
I think Asensio is more in the same talent bracket as Mbappé, Sané and Dembélé and thus a bit higher than Werner, who is more the Martial, Rashford, Jesus type of talent (although I do think Martial has more potential), but playing as the sole striker supported by the likes of Özil, Reus, Sané, Müller, Draxler, Kroos, Gündogan etc. might make him the tournament's top scorer and inflate his price alot. He'd be devastating in a proper counter attacking setup.

SpyLuke10

Lukaku to go to another level at the world cup, golden boot and all. Calling it now.

Milinkovic-Savic?

Fish in kettles

Supports
Man City
Essam El Hadary, he will have a worldy of a WC, captaining Egypt to the Semis at least, Arsenal will then sign him only to discover their break through player is 45

bebeanderson

Lukaku to go to another level at the world cup, golden boot and all. Calling it now.

Milinkovic-Savic?
People hardly pay attention to CMs in the world cup.

Its usually some attacker that scores goals. Remember Diouf in 02? I thought he was the new Okocha

Trizy

I think Lukaku will prove he can go up another level with the right setup/support. Pity we won't see that at United :lol:.

Think Dembele will prove his worth. Not that he's a hidden gem, mind.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Though this Russian side is like too weak to let him do much, i hope Alexander Golovin manages to have a good cup. He's a very promising midfielder with very good technical ability in both feet, smart distribution, strong workrate and quite versatile. He's at an ideal point of development right now for moving abroad to a better league, but i worry he'll take the comfort zone option like his teammate Dzagoev did after drawing attention at Euro 2012 and eventually stagnate.
I was going to say Golovin, too! A very impressive youngser who I hope we, as a club, are keeping a close eye on. Especially seeing as he already impressed against United this season.

Fish in kettles

Supports
Man City
Bernardo Silva to shine.
not sure he is a "breakthrough" player, but you may be right, think he is better suited to the international game than the premier league, to which he is still adapting, but recent performances suggest he is adding a bit of steel to his great array of talents.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Bernardo Silva to shine.
I'd be very surprised. He's been poor for the NT, we play very defensively and rely a lot on crosses so he's not really suited to play for us.

Very good player though, imo he has the potential to be better than David Silva.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'd be very surprised. He's been poor for the NT, we play very defensively and rely a lot on crosses so he's not really suited to play for us.

Very good player though, imo he has the potential to be better than David Silva.
Moderate yourself, David Silva always has been better than Bernardo, not even close, but you are right in the NT he suffers from the outdated way Santos puts the team to play.

promisedlanchiao

I believe it’ll be Rom, cementing his place as one of the world’s top strikers by bringing home the golden boot and having a couple of assists due to having players like Hazard, KDB and Mertens to supply him with balls in behind and making penetrative runs. Man’s already got 25 goals for us and will probably hit 30 with utterly shite service in a formation with sometimes up to 6 defensive players.