Your bet on break through player in Russia?

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
This thread could also be called "guess who will Madrid splash 100 millions on next summer"

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Ruben Neves
He won't play, probably won't even go

Moderate yourself, David Silva always has been better than Bernardo, not even close, but you are right in the NT he suffers from the outdated way Santos puts the team to play.
He has the talent and the right coach in Guardiola, I think his ceiling is very high but we'll see

Last edited:

Fish in kettles

Supports
Man City
I'd be very surprised. He's been poor for the NT, we play very defensively and rely a lot on crosses so he's not really suited to play for us.

Very good player though, imo he has the potential to be better than David Silva.

Better than David Silva! I so wish it were true but I cannot see it as long as there is a hole in my bottom

Deleted member 101472

Frank Fabra, the left back for Colombia. Excellent season for boca, looked good against France and has the necessary physicality coupled with attacking prowess for a left back.

marktan

Raheem Sterling to move into the world class bracket by dribbling through the Germans to avenge 2010, the Brazilians to avenge 2002, and then the Spaniards in the final to see off Iniesta, Ramos and co in their last WC tourney.

More likely though we'll get beat by Belgium and draw Tunisia and then John Stones will lay one off to some random Panamanian so they can all go home and watch the Spaniards tiki taka their way to another trophy.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Lingard, the guy has a real spring in his step at the moment.

NoPace

Timo Werner.
3rd favorite on Bet365 for golden boot.

I do like the Asensio call. He's got an incredible amount of talent and I could see Spain having some tight wins with him as an impressive substitute and then he gets plugged in as the 2nd goalscorer from wide (sort of the old Villa role) next to whichever 9 they end up picking, and they go from 4 creative midfielders down to 3 (chosen from Iniesta, Koke, Thiago, Silva and Isco) backed up by Busquets and a back 4.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
'Tis hard to look beyond Timo Werner. Vacant striker position waiting for him with a superb side behind him, including an abundance of attacking midfield creativity.

Harry Maguire.
Good shout too, he's already had something of a breakout season and there's nothing about him to say his trajectory stops here.

Reckon Oxlade-Chamberlain will win a lot of fans also, could redefine the central midfield role with his legs.

UDontMessWith24

Amine Harit (Morocco)
Emil Forsberg (Sweden)
Andrija Zivkovic (Serbia)
Gelson Martins (Portugal)
Lucas Torreira (Uruguay)
Leandro Paredes (Argentina)
Alan (Brazil) if he plays enough.

Siorac

Amine Harit (Morocco)
Emil Forsberg (Sweden)
Andrija Zivkovic (Serbia)
Gelson Martins (Portugal)
Lucas Torreira (Uruguay)
Leandro Paredes (Argentina)
Alan (Brazil) if he plays enough.
He's getting on a bit but could still show the young 'uns a trick or two I guess.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Though this Russian side is like too weak to let him do much, i hope Alexander Golovin manages to have a good cup. He's a very promising midfielder with very good technical ability in both feet, smart distribution, strong workrate and quite versatile. He's at an ideal point of development right now for moving abroad to a better league, but i worry he'll take the comfort zone option like his teammate Dzagoev did after drawing attention at Euro 2012 and eventually stagnate.
I was going to say Golovin, too! A very impressive youngser who I hope we, as a club, are keeping a close eye on. Especially seeing as he already impressed against United this season.
A good start for our boy Golovin, @Demyanenko_square_jaw !

SLBenfica1904

Supports
SLBenfica
I bet Guedes will have a great worldcup, scoring at least 2 goals(in a defensiveminded team that plays for Ronaldo).

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I have a feeling Sardar Azmoun or Balde will earn themselves a move off the games they have.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Pavón will come off the bench and get an assist.

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
Joshua Kimmich will show the whole world that the next captain for Germany and Bayern will once again be at right back.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
There's been a real lack of breakthrough performances so far.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Golovin from Russia. Big club bound after the tournament.

Maybe not a "breakthrough" but I also think Kieran Trippier will have a really good tournament at wing back for England.

Josep Dowling

I thought Sisto might get a big move but he’s not been great for Denmark so far.