Pereira
Herrera
Fred

Sanchez
Rashford
Mata

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Good to hear the news about Lukaku coming back early to make himself available, still feel it's likely he'll start on the bench though

KingEric0407

De Gea - Fosu Mensah, Bailly, Jones, Shaw - Perreira, Herrera, Fred - Sanchez, Martial, Lukaku. Think Lukaku will be thrown in and Martial will be given chance.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Anyone curious to see how the side would look with Sanchez central, Rashford or Martial on the left and Lukaku on the right as a wide target man?

Hell you can line it up like this if it makes you feel more comfortable:

Martial Lukaku
....Sanchez
Pogba Matic Fred

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
De Gea - Fosu Mensah, Bailly, Jones, Shaw - Perreira, Herrera, Fred - Sanchez, Martial, Lukaku. Think Lukaku will be thrown in and Martial will be given chance.
After this pre-season martial will be lucky if he gets place on the bench. And this time it is all on him

MrBest

Surprised 3 at the back in not a popular option. I got a feeling that's what he will do.

De Gea
Tfm Bailey smalling (cb)
Darmian Shaw (wb)
Andreas Fred (holding)
Ander(cm)
Sanchez rashford (strikers)

Marcky411

De Gea

Fosu Mensah
Bailly
Smalling
Young

Pereira
Herrera
Pogba

Sanchez
Lukaku
Lingard

Don't believe Jose will be taking any chances. Martial is finished at the club and if he isn't sold it wouldn't surprise me if Jose sends him down to the youth like he did with Schweinsteiger. We all know Jose isn't one to carry a grudge :lol:

Robbo*

Anyone curious to see how the side would look with Sanchez central, Rashford or Martial on the left and Lukaku on the right as a wide target man?

Hell you can line it up like this if it makes you feel more comfortable:

Martial Lukaku
....Sanchez
Pogba Matic Fred
Yes, I quite like idea of that as he will have more space to run onto through balls and he has shown he's dangerous crossing ball in from right

el3mel

DDG
Darmian - Bailly - Jones - Shaw
Fred - Periera - Herrera
Mata - Lukaku - Sanchez​

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Was listening to the United Stand on YT. He's bigging up the 352 formation and leaves out two players: left sided centre back and left back.

-------------de Gea
-----Bailly--Lindelof--new CB
Valencia------------------new LB
--------------Pereira
----Fred-----------------Pogba
------------------Sanchez
----------Lukaku

I'm not sure Lindelof is ready to step up and the other problem I see with this is Pogba and Sanchez operating in a very similar space. But it does make me wonder whether Matic could actually play a left sided centre back role in this formation.

charlenefan

------------De Gea------------
Darmian--Bailly--Smalling--Shaw
------------Pereira------------
-------Fred--------Herrera-------
Mata-------Rashford-------Sanchez

Subs: Grant, Lindelof, Jones, McTominay, Pogba, Lingard, Lukaku

Regardless of new signings this is what I now expect

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
------------De Gea------------
Darmian--Bailly--Smalling--Shaw
------------Pereira------------
-------Fred--------Herrera-------
Mata-------Rashford-------Sanchez

Subs: Grant, Lindelof, Jones, McTominay, Pogba, Lingard, Lukaku

Regardless of new signings this is what I now expect
I'd rather play Sanchez up front than Rashford. When Rashford first came up through LVG, when he played up front he kept things really simple. One and two touch layoffs, running in behind and finishing his chances.

Now, for some reason, he thinks he's Ronaldo MKII and tries to do flashy shit all the time which he's not good enough for. Might as well play him on the wing and get Sanchez in the middle which will give us some structure up front.

charlenefan

I'd rather play Sanchez up front than Rashford. When Rashford first came up through LVG, when he played up front he kept things really simple. One and two touch layoffs, running in behind and finishing his chances.

Now, for some reason, he thinks he's Ronaldo MKII and tries to do flashy shit all the time which he's not good enough for. Might as well play him on the wing and get Sanchez in the middle which will give us some structure up front.
Same but as I understand Rashford played centrally last night with Sanchez wide?

Grande

De Gea
Darmian Bailly Smalling Shaw
Herrera Pereira Fred
Mata Sanchez
Rashford

Expect Lukaku to come on in the second half. If Bailly is injured, Lindelöf will play, I think.

Noc-Z

ffs
I don't know what Jose will play but I'd play this....

.........SANCHEZ.........LUKAKU...........
MATA........................
MARTIAL..HERRERA..FRED..RASHFORD
.......SMALLING..BAILLY..JONES..........
DE GEA........................

Attack, attack, attack.....and most likely be hammered!

Canagel

DDG
Darmian Bailly Lindelof Shaw
Herrera Periera Fred
Rashford Sanchez Martial

Don't want Mata at RW. He offeres nothing. Rashford should play on the right. At least he will stretch their defence with his pace. I know it's wishful thinking to put Martial in but we are a better team with him than without.

settembrini

Same but as I understand Rashford played centrally last night with Sanchez wide?
1st half it was Sanchez on the left, Rashford upfront. 2nd half they switched roles. It was impossible for either player to do anything in the striker position because the rest of the team were camped in our own half playing long balls.

Havak

Pokemon master
It looks like the following are not going to be available (at least in terms of starting the game):

Valencia, Young, Dalot, Rojo, Matic, Pogba, Fellaini, and Lukaku. None of them played a minute of pre-season bar Valencia & Matic who both suffered injuries that will likely see them miss the first game. It also looks like Herrera and Bailly's injuries make them touch and go for matchday one which is really disappointing. With that in mind, I'm kind of leaning towards this:

de Gea
Darmian Lindelof Smalling Shaw
Pereira McTominay Fred
Mata Rashford Sanchez​

Hopefully, more players are back and ready to at least be on the bench come Friday, but I'm not too optimistic. I can't see the starting line-up being too much different than that. The Bayern game felt like a dress rehearsal for it and we've gone and potentially lost two of the guaranteed starters to injury during it (Herrera and Bailly). Darmian could also be sold by then, but with the Italian window open for a bit longer I can see José using Darmain for game one then selling them the week after...