Your England Squad for Euro 2020

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Pickford; Alexander-Arnold, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Rice, Henderson, Mount; Sterling, Kane, Foden

That's what I'd go with right now if everyone's fit, will probably change my mind next week though.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Pickford; Alexander-Arnold, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Rice, Henderson, Mount; Sterling, Kane, Foden

That's what I'd go with right now if everyone's fit, will probably change my mind next week though.
I know Southgate probably will, but I would not have Sterling in the starting eleven. He's been bang average, completely out of form for a long time.

The front three, for me, will have to be Grealish, Kane and someone else, maybe Foden or Sancho but definitely not Sterling.

Dante

Average bang
I know Southgate probably will, but I would not have Sterling in the starting eleven. He's been bang average, completely out of form for a long time.

The front three, for me, will have to be Grealish, Kane and someone else, maybe Foden or Sancho but definitely not Sterling.
If you're playing two wingers, I think you have to have one playmaking one who'll keep things neat and tidy, and one quick one who'll stretch the opposition. I'd personally go with Grealish or Foden one flank, then Sancho or Rashford or Sterling on the other.

I guess that Sancho is the most in-form out of our quick wingers. But Sterling will definitely get a lot of game time.

Another way to look at it is that Rashford and Sterling are both 1 in 4 at international level, whereas Sancho is only 1 in 6. That's almost certainly going to come into Southgate's thinking. His approach to international management has always been borderline moneyball.

Zlatattack

No Rashford please, he desperately needs a recovery period. I don't mind if he starts the season a month late, as long as he's not starting it injured.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If you're playing two wingers, I think you have to have one playmaking one who'll keep things neat and tidy, and one quick one who'll stretch the opposition. I'd personally go with Grealish or Foden one flank, then Sancho or Rashford or Sterling on the other.

I guess that Sancho is the most in-form out of our quick wingers. But Sterling will definitely get a lot of game time.

Another way to look at it is that Rashford and Sterling are both 1 in 4 at international level, whereas Sancho is only 1 in 6. That's almost certainly going to come into Southgate's thinking. His approach to international management has always been borderline moneyball.
Yeah I can see what you mean. Grealish, Kane, Sancho is perfectly fine for me.

Rashford has looked a little leggy in the recent United games I've seen him in. He looks like a guy who could do with some time off to recuperate. We know Sterling isn't a starter for City anymore, and he has repeatedly shown why that is when he's been given a run out.

Southgate will most likely still stay loyal to Sterling though.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
——————————Henderson
—————Stones — Maguire — Godfrey
TAA ———————————————————Shaw
—————————Mount — Rice
——————Foden ———————Grealish
————————————Kane

I would go with. I wanted to use that front three, so built the rest of the team around that. The width comes from the WBs primarily, which means Grealish and Foden can play in their preferred narrower roles, operating in the channels.

I doubt Southgate would go for something like that though, he loves the likes of Sterling, Rashford and (Jordan) Henderson.

SteveCoppellFan

England probably have the best generation of creative players they have had for a good while but that means nothing when you have a manager that is a 100% safety first approach type.

I can see England fans pulling their hair out seeing 5 at the back with 2 holding midfielders whilst the likes of Grealish sitting on the bench kicking his heels.

Reactions: Cheimoon

POF

No Rashford please, he desperately needs a recovery period. I don't mind if he starts the season a month late, as long as he's not starting it injured.
Completely agree. It's hard not to have sympathy when he talks of carrying injuries and needing surgery . . . unless he plays the Euros.

He can't afford to be a passenger in so many games. Messi provides more defensive cover than him just now. It's negligent leaving him on the pitch at times.

He needs to have his surgery and get fit.

Sylar

Looking at the midfield options of foden, mount, rice, henderson, bellingham, grealish

Technically all so good and don't panic when pressed like previous generations.

Really hope southgate doesn't feck this up somehow

Attack has some great options too but defence looks weakest (and even then it has stones, Maguire, James, Shaw which is promising)...

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Sterling doesn’t deserve to start.

History tells us starting Henderson would be a mistake

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Sterling doesn’t deserve to start.

History tells us starting Henderson would be a mistake
Who starts instead of Henderson?

With Sterling I agree he's not at his best right now but still think we need at least one player up there with pace and Rashford hasn't been great lately either. Both perform well for England though which I think is an often overlooked factor.

paulscholes18

My Southgate prediction

Keepers
Pickford
Henderson
Johnstone

Defence
TAA
James
Trippier
Walker
Stones
Maguire
Coady
Mings
Shaw
Chilwell

Midfield
Henderson
Rice
Phillips
Mount
Bellingham

Wingers
Sancho
Fodan
Grealish
Rashford
Sterling

Forwards
Kane
DCL
Ings
25/26 not too bad

Yagami

Good post resistant
Sterling, alongside Kane, has been our best and most consistent player for a couple of years now. He definitely deserves his starting place until he underperforms for us.

TheGame

Who starts instead of Henderson?

With Sterling I agree he's not at his best right now but still think we need at least one player up there with pace and Rashford hasn't been great lately either. Both perform well for England though which I think is an often overlooked factor.
I would go with Bellingham alongside Rice. He's in form and has had a great season. No point taking players unless you are going to play them.