Music Your favourite bands/artists that emerged in 2010-2020

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
It's the start of the 2020s, so I thought this thread might be fun. To make it easier than judging the specifics of when a band/artist came out, lets just say that their debut album had to be released no earlier than 2010.

My first five picks;

Turnover

DIIV

Wild Nothing

Men I Trust

Beach Fossils

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Men I Trust is something quite nice I just started listening since last year and I also enjoy this:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My favourite bands of recent times (and all time in the case of a few) probably started just before the 2010s or well before - Fleet Foxes, Joana Newsom, Bon Iver, Fiona Apple, War of Drugs etc

Can't think of a band that actually debut in the 2010s.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Men I Trust is something quite nice I just started listening since last year and I also enjoy this:

Fazerdaze is really nice, I've listened to her quite a bit the last couple of years.

Wasn't sure if I'd heard The Marias, but upon playing that song realised I've listened to it a lot!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Struggling a bit as I’ve stagnated in my music growth, but this name came to mind straight away:

Plus this guy, a little closer to home:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Protomartyr

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Maybe Real Estate, but I think they might be a bit prior to 2010.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Standout debuts from the last decade off the top of my head are:

Bicep
Idles
Public Service Broadcasting
Working Men’s Club
Ibibio Sound Machine

Woodzy

They were around a little before 2010, but I discovered the band The Dear Hunter last year and they instantly became my favourite band.

In fact, just do yourself a favour and listen to this entire album.

Along with Act IV, I just can't stop listening to it and this band. Beautiful music, arrangements and melodies, incredible vocals, diverse, moving lyrics and an interesting developing concept which is also a bit mental.

I am genuinely shocked that the band aren't more popular.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Grimes

FKA Twigs

Alvvays

Danny Brown

Angel Olsen

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tricky as a lot of the acts I associate with the 2010s technically started before then but I think the below all count:

Kendrick
Charli XCX
Janelle Monae
Perfume Genius
Frank Ocean
FKA Twigs
Grimes
Angel Olsen
Mitski
Big Thief
King Krule
Danny Brown
Courtney Barnett
Father John Misty
Sophie
Tame Impala
Waxahatchee
Moses Sumney
Death Grips
Tyler, The Creator
Deafheaven
Car Seat Headrest
Parquet Courts
Chvrches
Rina Sawayama
Phoebe Bridgers
American Football
Oso Oso
Idles
Billie Eilish
Lana Del Rey

In terms of commercial, critical and cultural impact Kendrick really is by far the king of that decade.

Classical Mechanic

You've named a God there. Caught him on tour for both his albums - Raven and Hand Cannot Erase. I've not watched a lot of the great old bands live but I'll die a happy man knowing that I witnessed absolute greatness in my lifetime.
Never seen him live unfortunately. He seems to have gone in a direction that doesn’t appeal to me noW. I’ll give his next album a listen though.

stu_1992

For people exclusively in that time period that we're not already established before, Royal Blood and Slaves are the stand outs for me in Rock. Both very different from each other and I'd personally rate Slaves the better of the two, especially considering that recently single released by Royal Blood.

On the hip/hop side of things, Tyler the Creator especially stands out to me. I know some of the Odd Future tapes were probably at the end of the previous decade, but as a more solo focused artist. Similarly Earl Sweatshirt and Frank Ocean, albeit to lesser degree for me. Can't talk about people who emerged in this time without talking about Kendrick Lamarr too.

Away from that, others that come into my head are Game Impala or Marc DeMarco. I'm sure there's probably more.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Good stuff so far folks. I'm glad to see Alvvays mentioned, they were definitely going to be one of mine, they're great.

Another five of my faves;

No Vacation

Nothing

Craft Spells

Her's

Whirr

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I did a sort on release date on musicbee, and it turns out there's a lot more than I thought. Great decade for music for my personal tastes anyway. Here's a bunch of favourite acts that I picked out. Without checking, I'm assuming all these released debut records in the 2010s, I think.

Turnstile
Run The Jewels
Czarface
War on Women
G.L.O.S.S.
Code Orange
Sect
Whores.
Bell Witch
Frank Ocean
Colour Me Wednesday
Tony Molina
Jeff Rosenstock
Hop Along
SOUL GLO
Oathbreaker
Noisem
Hop Along
Power Trip
RVIVR
Charli XCX
Jesus Piece
The Sidekicks
The Flatliners

Last two probably don't count, they were around pre-2010 but both released their 3rd albums in the early 2010s ('Awkward Breeds' and 'Cavalcades' respectively) which seemed to really establish them.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I would want to add Courtney Barnett and Sophie Hunger.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Olly, your music threads on here are always infectious; like a few others here, my prime days of musical discovery feel well behind me (mid 90s 'til around 2010) but these threads always unearth some new gems for my Spotify library. So kudos to you.

These are the few that spring immediately to mind from my last decade:

Haven't delved into music in the latter half of the decade nearly as much as before, but here's my list:

Bell Witch: Usually not super into funeral doom, but these guys hit the right notes.

Chelsea Wolfe: She peaked with Pain Is Beauty in my opinion. Marvelous record, great live show.

Cloud Rat: Relentless. Moksha is out of this world. Saw them play in a damp cellar with terrible sound.

Colleen Green: Sock It to Me has some bangers that are still on heavy rotation.

Demdike Stare: They absolutely slaughtered 2010 with three fantastic records, but petered out a bit after that for me.

Khruangbin: It's mellow, yeah, but I dig their sound, including Mordechai.

Kikagaku Moyo: These guys as well, awesome psyche. Fantastic live.

Masakari: They disappeared as quickly as they emerged, but The Prophet Feeds follows the perfect crust punk formula for anyone into His Hero Is Gone, From Ashes Rise etc.

Pallbearer: Hard to beat Sorrow and Extinction and Foundations of Burden as far as trad doom goes. Shame the last one was a dud. Decent show, but the vocals were a bit weak.

Power Trip: Nightmare Logic was massive for me. RIP Riley Gayle. Missed them on tour, fml.

Raime: When everyone was going bananas over Andy Stott, Quarter Turns Over a Living Line was my jam.

Waxahatchee: Nothing after American Weekend really grabbed me, but I adore that record.

Windhand: Brilliant riffs and sweet sound, which they nail live as well.

I guess some of those would make up around half of an imaginary top 10/20 of the decade list, the other half being more established artists. And as I said, mostly focused on the early 2010s records.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Olly, your music threads on here are always infectious; like a few others here, my prime days of musical discovery feel well behind me (mid 90s 'til around 2010) but these threads always unearth some new gems for my Spotify library. So kudos to you.
Cool! That's what it's all about :D Hopefully there's something for everyone across all of our posts!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yeah, cheers to @Olly Gunnar Solskjær. Very few posters are a larger net positive.